Males and when do they drop their loads?

Bilbobudkin420

So pretty straight forward question firstly. How far into flower do males start dropping their pollen? But i do have some follow up questions.
One of which being is there a certain time frame that the pollen being dropped is more viable as im sure i have heard something to this effect?
Any other pollen info is more than welcome and encouraged aswell.
Storage practices etc. Whatever you think will be useful :D i do have an idea of how and what im gonna do with it but never hurts to have more info.

Pollen sacks pop earlier than developed flowers do, well on a male vs female plant
If you made a female male, this doesn't apply

I'd say around 2-3 weeks into flower my sacks where popping big-time

Viability? Not sure it matters, 1st sacks or the 1000 sack, pretty sure they are the same

I take pollen, put into cappable test tubes with a bit of raw rice in it, like 20 or so kernals. Rice absorbs moister..
Then into the freezer

I'll be testing some 1yr+ pollen in a few months to see how good, or bad, it is

I ended up with 2 males awhile back,threw one away,planted the other one outside.
When I stuck it outside,it had like 4 flowers on it-11 days later,it was covered with "buds" and dropping pollen.

I couldn't believe how fast this $hit happened-I thought it would take 3 weeks or so..
I pulled it,and hung it upside down over a cookie sheet,3 days later I scraped up the pollen and stuck it in a pill bottle with some silica gel crystals for use at a later date...

I ended up with 2 males awhile back,threw one away,planted the other one outside.
When I stuck it outside,it had like 4 flowers on it-11 days later,it was covered with "buds" and dropping pollen.

I couldn't believe how fast this $hit happened-I thought it would take 3 weeks or so..
I pulled it,and hung it upside down over a cookie sheet,3 days later I scraped up the pollen and stuck it in a pill bottle with some silica gel crystals for use at a later date...
Nice one. Think thats how im gonna approach it aswell. Wait until its fully pumping out pollen then chop and hang it over a sheet of some description and give it a shake now and then.

after "processing" the pollen, make sure you clean yourself off well before going around
any flowering ladies you may have growing-a little pollen "dust" goes a long way-

Back
Top Bottom