Man alive, would most everyone I know freak out

KevenFlynn

Hello, I figured that was a good title for a first post on a board such as this. First off I would like to say I had no idea that the usage of cannabis was so extensive before stumbling upon this site. You learn something new every day.

Anyways, I would like to introduce myself and kinda give you a glimpse at why I ended up becoming a member of a forum such as this. Best if I start at my introduction to MJ.

I turned 21, got divorced from my first wife, and found the bars and beer. Now when I say I found beer, I mean I was pounding 12 to 18 a night on work days and could clean through 2 cases a day on the weekends. Even with this massive amount of consumption, I found a beautiful gal that loved me to death and so I took the plunge again and married for the second time.

We have 1 child and for the first 6 years of its life I was a full blown alcoholic. I drank a 6 pack on my way home from work to "prime the pump" and then would kill 12 more between 6 and midnight passing out every night. When my child was 6 my wife told me "stop drinking or I am leaving". That was it. I set the booze down and have not touched it since and our child is in middle school so it has been a good long time.

Because of the alcoholism I am worried about addiction issues. I have a personality that has to take things to the extreme and that lead to my next problem, pain. I have had multiple broken bones on both my hands due to fighting when I was younger, a broken back due to a work accident almost 20 years ago, weight lifting injury that tore up my shoulder pretty bad, ans a knee injury that involved completely severing my ACL, stretching my LCL and MCL, a quarter size hole in my meniscus, compression fracturing my tibia, fibula, and femur. The knee injury required surgery that involved removing part of my hamstring in order to rebuild my knee and more plates and screws then I care to think about. I also suffer from nerve damage in that leg that has me feeling like a dog is biting my upper shin most of the time and pressure and pain in the knee all the time. I can walk like nothing ever happened (thanks to an amazing sports PT) but will never run again.

Now that you know the back story, lets bring this up to date. After the surgery (4 years ago) I was on pain killers like percocet, oxi, and one other for the pain. I hated them. I could not drive while on them, felt like a balloon floating about 8 feet above my body, and was constipated so badly that I have a pretty good idea what women go through during child birth. After about 8 weeks of that I tossed them in the trash and said screw it, I will man it out which I did for 2.5 years. In those 2.5 years I never got more then a couple hours of sleep at any one time because pain would wake me up. I never felt relaxed because there is no way to free your mind when you are constantly thinking "crap, my knee is killing me" when work, bills, child's school functions, etc are not on your mind. I was in a bad mood most of the time and I could see it was affecting mt wife and child's life adversely as well as my own but what could I do? The pain killers from the doctor sucked and had way to many side effects. Then a friend stopped by my work one day....

I am self employed (read 80 work weeks with crappy pay:laughtwo:) which evolves me being on my feet at least half the time. Anyway, my friend stopped by one evening and asked me how I was doing. I said fine but my leg was killing me and it had gotten so bad that day that I was actually limping. Not trying to get sympathy but when the swelling gets bad sometimes my leg goes...dead for lack of a better word, giving me this drop foot thing. My friend told me that his mother had nerve issues from working 20+ years in a chemical factory and that pain was a daily issue with her. Her doctor told her to look into "alternative" medicine because the state we lived in has a Puritan view on anything that does not come out of a factory in a little amber bottle. I looked at him and asked "you mean your mom gets high!?!?" which his answer was "every day".

That kind of shocked me because this guys mom is one of those proper little southern women that was as polite and God fearing as she was kind and motherly. My friend then informed me that he also partook due to ulcers in his throat that made keeping food down difficult. I never knew about his nor his mothers medical issues but thought it was cool they found a way to get the symptoms under control even if I thought MJ could do nothing for me. I explained those thought to my friend at which time he handed me a joint and told me to try it before bed that evening. I took it reluctantly and headed home...7 mph under the speed limit.

I got home about 10PM, showered, got something to eat, and then sat down in the living room with my wife. I brought up what my friend and I talked about and my wife told me that if we lived in a different state, MJ would be prescribed to her for both her auto immune disorder and for her seizure disorder. I was shocked thinking that my wife that told me she would leave me if I did not stop drinking would be so open to MJ. I informed her that I had a little out in the garage and she asked me as strait faced as a judge "Well, what are we waiting for?"

25 minutes later both of us were back on the sofa giggling a little and fully relaxed. My wife was in no pain from the joint issues the auto immune disease causes and for the first time in a couple years my leg, back, shoulder and hands were pain free. I went to bed about an hour later and slept for 10 hours! When I woke I was not foggy headed, hung over, or jittering for more medicine like I used to after using alcohol or pills to fight the pain. I was clear headed, energetic, and felt really good. I figured it was a fluke and headed off to work.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Heck of a story M8, I think you will find many of us here who have been set free from big pharma in much the same way... :bravo:

Welcome to the 420 Mag family... it's great to have you w/us. :welcome:
If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Here are some other links that may be helpful:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

How to Ask for Grow Support

How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine

Mission Statement

Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine

Take your coat off and get to know some of the locals, the staff here are great and our members are top shelf... :Namaste:

Thanks guys, I know I am kinda long winded sometimes but it helps get ideas out of my head.

Anyway, following my story, I went to work that day and put in 10 hours before mt leg started bothering me again. I was shocked and once again thought it was a fluke but what do I know. About 12 hours into my self imposed shift when my friend stopped by again and asked how I was feeling so I told him. Kinda chuckling he just looked at me and said "happy birthday" as he handed me what I was to find out later was about a half ounce. I always help my friends out weather it be with one of out hobbies, move, go help change a flat at 2AM, etc. I am a firm believer in my faith but also think "ol Earl" had it kinda right with the karma thing. I know I will never win $100,000.00 in the lottery but it paid off that day with some MJ that I came to find out was the best thing I could do for sleep and pain.

Like I said before, the state I lived in at that time, I was considered a criminal for even having this upon my person, and even a second charge for smoking. Being the kind of guy that drives 2mph under the speed limit, always refused to let my child ride its bike in the neighbors yard, heck, I even tend to over pay on postage or hand deliver bills just to make sure they get there on time and now I an considered a criminal for using something that makes my pain go away!?!?

Well, I made a devise for consuming the MJ (in my trade, it is amazingly easy and precise down to about .0007 of an inch) for my wife and I. We would put our child to bed and about an hour later take a couple hits and no more pain. That first amount lasted us about 2 months and after that we stopped out nightly 'Med" session because of the fear of legal repercussions. Man, that sucked. Within 4 days my wife's joint pain returned and my leg and back issue came back. Sleep went away and I could see how the discomfort and lack of sleep was back stopping us from enjoying our lives and slowing down my productivity at work. So let me get this strait between the myths, stereo types, and what I found as a truth for myself and my wife...

1. Pot is a gate way drug - wrong

2. Pot will lead to a life of crime - false (with a reality check)

I did nor do I want to go rob an old lady, knock over a 7-11, or sell myself in the sex trade for money (if you saw me you would be laughing so hard you would pee yourself at the thought) to buy more pot. Now, the reality. By having possession in some states makes one lead a life of criminal activity on its own. Self fulfilling.

3. Pot will make you lazy and unproductive - false

Pain and fatigue makes one unproductive and tend to get you to just sit. I can tell you that the sleep and freedom from pain I get from pot allows me to work, on average, 20% more then when in pain all the time.

4. Pot will cause psychological side effects that can cause ______.

Um, not in my or my wife's case. I was diagnosed clinically depressed 20+ years ago due to a pretty horrific childhood and doctors have been trying to load me up on anti-depressants every since. Ya, those are fun. Nothing like feeling disconnected from everything, true you no longer get down but nor can you get "up". And the worst, sexual side effects. Some may think it is cool to have sex for hours at a time but not me. I completely dropped all prescriptions and feel the best I can remember.

So lets some this up. Using a plant that grows wild in ditches does more for me then pain meds and anti depressants as far as my quality and productivity in this society and yet it is illegal? I do not consume anytime other then after a shower and before bed. I never drive or operate large machinery within 8 hours of consuming but heck how could I? Pot allows me to sleep so that is what I do. Anyways, thank you for reading and my hope is this product becomes legal nation wide so those of us that have found it as useful product for pain management and even recreation.

Keven...

Back
Top Bottom