Mars - Dirt thread

OK lets try this. I have a creepy Halloween confession to make. I created two identities and replied to myself, not on purpose mind you. I lost my password then created an other user, then found my password again. So now I have two identities, Gudyul and Gudlief my bad.

this pic is for those who think that Mars-Hydro cannot achieve decent bud. It is a dirt grow that started out as overgrown clone under T-5 in water bath for five weeks then flipped to Mars 1200 in 2.5 foot Square space in FFOC 30% n Perlite 20%, potting soil 25% worm castings 15% , some sand. I made my first batch of live Juice from compost n castings plus seaweed,rock dust,molasses. Foliar fed cal mag. I think I got some ozone burns as viens turned orange and necrosis like...perfect touch for halloween
20151029_212519_1_.jpg
Heeee he he he

Lookin good!! I think the horz. vs vert thing has to do with image orientation, like if you used a mobile camera phone, ever notice that if you rotate the phone the image up-rights itself whether you have the mobile in a horz. or vert. position. My 2¢ I could be wrong. I haven't tried posting photos here yet.

My first MMJ grow here in the works, nothing to show for it yet (no seeds, saving $$ and ¢¢), all my lights, except 1 are mars hydros; 2x180w UFO's (c'mon, everybody has to have had at least one UFO), 2x240w IR 5w Reflector, and the latest addition to the "family," a 2015 1x400w 5w IR Mars II (2) [ :high-five: one with the bloom/grow SWs and daisy chain 120 VAC outlet :high-five: ]. I am so impressed with the Mars 2 II 400w, I ordered a second one.

greg

seven, I love to count...heh heh heh

I want to flower a 300 sq foot canopy @ 50 watts /sq foot
300*50=15000watts

I want to use a 300watt LED mars 2 /1200 or 160 epistar pro . I will use the reflector 144x5 for the growth stage.
15000/300=50.

THe space will actually be 600square foot if you include workable walk ways or isles. 30x 20 foot. each plant will be in a 5 square foot space and hopefully yeild 6-8 ounces . .75 - 1 gram per watt

KW are 1000watts so multiply light watts x number of lights x hours in the day then divide by 1000 and multiply time KW cost per hour.

Question about heat issues due to amount of lights. Does the Epistar 160 pro run cooler than the Mars 2/1200 or are they the same. How do we calculate the BTU that these lights put out? I will be recycling scrubbed air to heat the curing room and the retail area and possible the work shop. Pulling in fresh air for CO2 requirements.

The savings with Mars LED prices and running LED( 75 lights) instead of Sodium is a no brainer.

THe plan is to start the cuttings in a large enough cube of rock wool or coco so that the root ball of a 30 day old clone can be pulled out through a hole in a 20 gallon tote lid. RDWC will be used for fast growth and the plant will be trained and pruned for even canopy of 5 square foot. The plant will then be transferred to living dirt and vegged for one more week ( till roots are established in dirt using mycelium enhancement) prior to the flip. Then flower for 4-6 weeks using compost teas n natural minerals till harvest depending on strain. hang dried for one week, manicured and then cured in jars for two weeks. Mother plants will be cloned to perpetuate desirable phenotypes. Total lights including spare lights may be 70x 300watt Mars LED lights and 30x 200watt lights Mars LED lights Aprox 50,000$ worth of lights! 50,000$ in saving over other LED companies. 50,000$ can make or break a start up business when it comes to finances.

THe plan is to start the cuttings in a large enough cube of rock wool or coco so that the root ball of a 30 day old clone can be pulled out through a hole in a 20 gallon tote lid. RDWC will be used for fast growth and the plant will be trained and pruned for even canopy of 5 square foot. The plant will then be transferred to living dirt and vegged for one more week ( till roots are established in dirt using mycelium enhancement) prior to the flip. Then flower for 4-6 weeks using compost teas n natural minerals till harvest depending on strain. hang dried for one week, manicured and then cured in jars for two weeks. Mother plants will be cloned to perpetuate desirable phenotypes. Total lights including spare lights may be 70x 300watt Mars LED lights and 30x 200watt lights Mars LED lights Aprox 50,000$ worth of lights! 50,000$ in saving over other LED companies. 50,000$ can make or break a start up business when it comes to finances.

Conservatively I would expect to get .5 gram per watt , I mean for a business plan in a legal state. Actually in my state a small commercial grow is defined as 500 square foot of cultivated area or canopy and only 50 plants. I would need a perpetual grow so only 25 plants in bloom , NOT 50, and 25 in grow ( over 8 inch). Rules n regs , regs n rules , still being hashed out by clever individuals and public comments here in Alaska. KWH is 50-80 cents in rural ALaska. Did I mention what a gram goes for in the Black Zone> NIEN! DAS IST VERBOTEN!

Earlier I calculated that I could put 50 in a 300 square foot area @ 50 watts per sq. foot but that was a lie. Since then I discovered from the Mars web page that a MH2/1200 is 500watts or aprox 10 square foot@ 50 watt per sq. ft. 25 plants x 10 = 250 square foot . I figure I need as much crawl space as canopy so 500 square foot for the 25 plants in bud and half that (250 sq ft) for the plants in grow cycle. Need about 100square foot for a drying and trimming area and 200 square foot for a retail area. Total area=1050 square foot. 13lb per month gross. net = less 50%-70%:thanks::420:

This is dirt grow is only three plants in small 6x8 room . Those are gravity auto feed drop feeders which I am fine tuning for a seven day leave of absence. The sacrificial aloe vera are taking root in dirt as well , they will be harvested for their slime Hee hee. Thinking of foliar feeding with dilute fish ferts. For dirt mix I eye balled hand fulls of calmagic lawn pellets, n epsom salt n rock dust , sea minerals , worm castings , FFOC, verm,perl,coco . Jump started with homemade brew made with molasses,humus,sea weed,castings and FFOC bubbled for 36 hrs. The proof is in the pudding LOL. THe cuttings were started in hydro for quick foliage growth n root balls. Roots were sterilized with H202 and pond enzymes to control PH drop. Was going to add riz mycilium enhancer to roots ball at transplant but forgot. Transplanted well with fist size root ball in 76F soil.

Read that folks were having issues in 3rd trimester with mineral depletion etc I am thinking that early stage growth in hydro and then perhaps larger smart grow bags (like 10 gallon) may keep roots happy( not bound) and well supplied with mineral . Looking for a large , trained weed canopy of course and achieving the 1gpw holy grail award.

Back
Top Bottom