A thread for the users of Mars-Hydro lamps

Thanks deville, ill make a mental note .

Thanks sara, due to height restrictions I have, i cant always follow the flowering the recommendations, im at 8 to 10 inches atm with on girl

If you're using the classic mars(white model) you should be fine. I found at 12", bud production was disappointing. In fact, my entire last plant was within the flowering recommendation, except for 4 main colas at 6-8" from lights & they were only buds to actually develop nicely.

If you're using the classic mars(white model) you should be fine. I found at 12", bud production was disappointing. In fact, my entire last plant was within the flowering recommendation, except for 4 main colas at 6-8" from lights & they were only buds to actually develop nicely.
Using a mars ll 700w and another 1000w led as well. The 1000w was a cheap deal, and you can tell why.

Thanks deville, ill make a mental note .

Thanks sara, due to height restrictions I have, i cant always follow the flowering the recommendations, im at 8 to 10 inches atm with on girl

You are welcome. If your lights don't burn the plants, you can keep the 8--10 from your plants.

The bud production is also related with the light draw power and your growing circle time.Usually 35--50W/sf is needed during flowering stage.

Using a mars ll 700w and another 1000w led as well. The 1000w was a cheap deal, and you can tell why.

May I know how about your 1000W led work? What is the draw power of 1000W led?

Here's a light bleached bud

0013525.jpg

May I ask what strain that is?

May I know how about your 1000W led work? What is the draw power of 1000W led?
Hey sara,
Its a king plus 1000w led. It says draws 210watts and 0.9 - 2.1 amps.
Plus its noisy and doesnt seem to be producing as much as my mars ll 700

Latest from Mars Hydro is an economic model targeted at beginners

420-magazine-mobile1450410741.jpg

Rumors are saying that next generation COB may be with cheaper epistar bulbs instead of osram to be able to sell them cheaper.

I hope they keep the osram bulbs. I would rather pay more for quality.

Some say the extra ring of LEDs around the COB doesn't mean anything anyway. But I am not convinced.

What do you think folks? Would you rather have a cheaper COB with epistar, the current COB with Osram or a stripped down COB only version?

Seems my fears of not being able to get more copies of my new all time favorite lamp is about to become reality. With Mars Hydro, the market decide so if the market want a cheaper COB that is what the market will get.

The new eco series there are no data available on them so far. Will post when I know more.

Have a nice Saturday folks!

If the new eco series are very cheap they may be a good investment for keeping mothers alive. Am using the 50 watt mars bars for this purpose now. They are perfect for keeping bonsai mothers

If the new eco series are very cheap they may be a good investment for keeping mothers alive. Am using the 50 watt mars bars for this purpose now. They are perfect for keeping bonsai mothers

ECO49 is about 100W, Core Coverage:1.7ft*1.7ft, Max Coverage: 3.5ft*3.5ft. It can cover plants better than 50W bars. The first stock of ECO series with special preference price.

To me it looks like the mars 1600 etc versions just without glass and reflectors

MarsII with glass and lens. ProII series with reflective cups. ECO series have square and rectangular covering size, all MarsII series are square sizes.

I like the design of the ECO models - would it be safe to assume the Eco 49 has higher output than the white Mars 300?

No it has less power to the wall HOWEVER it should outperform the 300 since it's more up to date and it also has no glass weakening the light.

Spectrum: 400-410nm,440-450nm,450-460nm,630-635nm,650-660nm,730-740nm and 2700K-3000K
Par Value: 250umol
Lumen:3271 Lm±5%@AC120V 3224 Lm±5%@AC240V
Power draw: 100W±5%@AC120V 100W±5%@AC240V
Input Voltage: AC100-240V
Ampere: 0.8426A/120V 0.4387 A/240V
Frequency: 50-60HZ
Core Coverage:1.7ft*1.7ft
Max Coverage: 3.5ft*3.5ft
Light Size: 296.3*262.3*79MM
Package Size: 390*293*136MM
Net Weight: 2.4KG
Gross Weight: 3.1KG