Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

hello to all my friends at :420: I just got done watering my plants today and I was thinking about topping my clones it has been almost ten days since I picked up my clones from the mmj clinic and transplanted them in there 3 gallon pots one of my clones the Larry og Kush is growing fantastic I am starting to see preflowers everywhere that's the one I was thinking about topping the other clone I have is a green crack it is not doing as well but I am not giving up on her but I will focus on the Larry clone since it has shown improvement since I have put them under my glorious marshydro mars II 400w I will post a few pics tell me what you think

this is the Larry og Kush

0042018.JPG

this is the green crack

0051900.JPG

that auto is a monster did you do any training or just let it do its thing I would love to now all about it I was thinking about getting a few auto seeds.... please give us your wisdom master

:Namaste:

These colas are growin so big. These Mars II lights really make a difference.

:passitleft:
100_20763.JPG

that auto is a monster did you do any training or just let it do its thing I would love to now all about it I was thinking about getting a few auto seeds.... please give us your wisdom master

I didnt do anything to it but tuck the leaves to let the light shine thru to the tops as they were coming out. From what I have read, and from what I have learned from my own experience growing autos, is that you never cut or trim or stress an auto because then you lose growing time when the plant tries to recover. Theres an internal clock on an auto, and the clock doesnt stop just because you decided you want to top or supercrop or LST the plant. I just leave it alone and let it do its thing. To me an auto is just that, auto.

Now, there is a ton of debate on here and on the internet about this. Some say its OK and autos have changed over the years and now you can cut them and do everything to them that you do to a regular photoperiod plant. The best advice I can give you on them is do what you think is best for you. Look around at some journals and see what others are doing and if they are cutting and trimming and see what result they are getting in the end. Pictures dont lie, well unless they are photoshopped haha Look at how others plants are growing and the yield they get in the end when they cut and trim versus the ones that dont.

I find that my plants grow best when I just leave them alone. Give them light, water, and food, and leave them alone.

:morenutes:

hello to all my friends at :420: I just got done watering my plants today and I was thinking about topping my clones it has been almost ten days since I picked up my clones from the mmj clinic and transplanted them in there 3 gallon pots one of my clones the Larry og Kush is growing fantastic I am starting to see preflowers everywhere that's the one I was thinking about topping the other clone I have is a green crack it is not doing as well but I am not giving up on her but I will focus on the Larry clone since it has shown improvement since I have put them under my glorious marshydro mars II 400w I will post a few pics tell me what you think

0042018.JPG

this is the green crack

0051900.JPG

I Top my plants above the third node which usually allows the lowest 2 branches to be used as cutting to root as clones and allows 4 dominant colas to grow or allows a maximum of 6 dominant colas to flower on the plants. You may want to allow your Green Cr@ck to grow larger before Topping.

what do you guys and gals think about having your tent open some times I like to just look and talk to my plants let the temps drop a little just a few degrees nothing major since I am running led which keeps down the temps already my room mate thinks I am nuts and is it bad to open your tent all the time since I am still new to growing its very fascinating to me still I bet a lot of you growers are like you will get use to leaving them alone and I know some of you just love to hang out with your plants what are your thoughts on opening and closing your grow tent every chance you get vs. just leaving them alone to do there magic...

what do you guys and gals think about having your tent open some times I like to just look and talk to my plants let the temps drop a little just a few degrees nothing major since I am running led which keeps down the temps already my room mate thinks I am nuts and is it bad to open your tent all the time since I am still new to growing its very fascinating to me still I bet a lot of you growers are like you will get use to leaving them alone and I know some of you just love to hang out with your plants what are your thoughts on opening and closing your grow tent every chance you get vs. just leaving them alone to do there magic...

I believe that many cannabis growers do spend time watching their plants, please use eye protection when viewing your plants.

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting. I originally purchased the Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by High Pressure Sodium lights I use for flowering. I have found the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will also protect your eyesight from Ultra Violet and Infra Red LED light from the LED light panels as well. The grey lens should be used with LED light panels as the blue wavelengths are the most damaging to eyesight.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

Yeah I need to buy me a pair, but I don't have time these days to stare at them.

I did when I first set it up though and with LEDs you will see green for a minute. Those glasses are sport looking too. Nice link KINGJ.

Hello db003, your plants looks fine to me. :passitleft:

0042018.JPG

this is the green crack

0051900.JPG
And I think King is right. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good evening nobodyuknow :circle-of-love:
I didnt do anything to it but tuck the leaves to let the light shine thru to the tops as they were coming out. From what I have read, and from what I have learned from my own experience growing autos, is that you never cut or trim or stress an auto because then you lose growing time when the plant tries to recover. Theres an internal clock on an auto, and the clock doesnt stop just because you decided you want to top or supercrop or LST the plant. I just leave it alone and let it do its thing. To me an auto is just that, auto.

Now, there is a ton of debate on here and on the internet about this. Some say its OK and autos have changed over the years and now you can cut them and do everything to them that you do to a regular photoperiod plant. The best advice I can give you on them is do what you think is best for you. Look around at some journals and see what others are doing and if they are cutting and trimming and see what result they are getting in the end. Pictures dont lie, well unless they are photoshopped haha Look at how others plants are growing and the yield they get in the end when they cut and trim versus the ones that dont.

I find that my plants grow best when I just leave them alone. Give them light, water, and food, and leave them alone.

:morenutes:
:thumb:

:cheesygrinsmiley:
Oh and db003 your plants are looking great btw :goodjob:
Thanks King. :adore:
I Top my plants above the third node which usually allows the lowest 2 branches to be used as cutting to root as clones and allows 4 dominant colas to grow or allows a maximum of 6 dominant colas to flower on the plants. You may want to allow your Green Cr@ck to grow larger before Topping.

I think it is normal, you can communicate with your babies also let the air flow a little there. :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's right. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I think everyone does that my friend :D

Thanks King for the glasses info, I always thought to get another one, not only from the light, but also summer is coming. haha
I believe that many cannabis growers do spend time watching their plants, please use eye protection when viewing your plants.

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting. I originally purchased the Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by High Pressure Sodium lights I use for flowering. I have found the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will also protect your eyesight from Ultra Violet and Infra Red LED light from the LED light panels as well. The grey lens should be used with LED light panels as the blue wavelengths are the most damaging to eyesight.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses
Good evening Johnnie. :passitleft:
Yeah I need to buy me a pair, but I don't have time these days to stare at them.

I did when I first set it up though and with LEDs you will see green for a minute. Those glasses are sport looking too. Nice link KINGJ.

Back
Top Bottom