Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hopefully get done with my Grow Room soon, so I can also bring in my Trinidad Scorpion Pepper Plant "Second Hottest Pepper in the World" from the Green House before it freezes...
I pollinated it's blossoms from the Pollen of a Male Marijuana Plant and now I have the hottest pepper with the highest HIGH.
It makes you think you are in the "Lava Pit of Hell..." :)
20151027_124613.jpg

With the Hottest High Around...
20151027_124757.jpeg

Really??? LOL...

Sorry if this pops your bubble but cannabis pollen won't get you peppers and pepper pollen won't make cannabis seeds the pepper flower has both pollen and pistil (self pollinating )so when you applied pollen you just spread the peppers about The nice thing is the peppers do fine in the room with other plants and will keep giving peppers on and on I usually have a Reaper going with my plants

Sorry if this pops your bubble but cannabis pollen won't get you peppers and pepper pollen won't make cannabis seeds the pepper flower has both pollen and pistil (self pollinating )so when you applied pollen you just spread the peppers about The nice thing is the peppers do fine in the room with other plants and will keep giving peppers on and on I usually have a Reaper going with my plants
It was a joke... Lol... Notice the words at the end... :)

Catfish was pulling your leg. :)
I have some little Philippine peppers that are super hot, but mixed with a little grated ginger, soy sauce and lime juice makes a great sauce for dipping grilled fish or meats. I also use it for a marinade.

I stuff my habeneros and scotch bonnets with jalapeno and pepper jack, wrap em in bacon and bake them at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Best jalapeno poppers I have ever had.

MarsII900w will cover the area. Congrats on the move.:hug: og, you can share your grow here or start a grow journal. I believe many exeprienced growers here would love to offer advices you want.:Namaste:
i just ordered the mars 2 900 watt...for my 3.25ft by 3.25ft by 6ft grow tent... i hope this does help my grow. it is my first time and through alot of research and time i found you guys.

i will be putting it to use as soon as i receive it. any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:party::party: yes, they shipped out!! In about one week, the room will be full of light.:cheer::cheer:
Ruby from MarsPro in China sent me an Email...

My (3) MarsPro Cree128 have finally been shipped from China, after abut two weeks of testing, and replacing the bad Led drivers that went out during testing, with the newer style ones. So hopefully I will have no problems with the lights after hooking them up "Here" into their new Home...
20151025_162538.jpg

Catfish was pulling your leg. :)
I have some little Philippine peppers that are super hot, but mixed with a little grated ginger, soy sauce and lime juice makes a great sauce for dipping grilled fish or meats. I also use it for a marinade.

Ya never know, If you google that question you will find many have tried and many have said it worked and many more will try again.
As for smoking peppers I do it all the time I just use a Smoker not a pipe taste is fabulous adds a whole new dimension to Super Hots

:circle-of-love: hello Ricky, please don't worry. There is no downgrade to the Reflector series. Sometimes, price is not the only determing factor to the quality. :Namaste: Some company have higher price, but it turns our the quality is the same. :) Reflector and MarsII are totally different series. You are right with the led diodes point. They use the same led diodes, while their design is different. Their weight is also different. Reflector is rectangular and MarsII is square. Reflector96 will cover more in width.:Namaste:
Hello again. So far I have been happy with my first led purchae and bout to make a second, but first a question I have posted in my own journal but want to get here with the experts:

Need some advice guys!

I've been shopping. I am for sure adding one more led pannel at minimum so that I can hang the 300w back on the SOG and then new one for the flowering moms.

I think I have it narrowed down to either mars 2 400 or mars reflector 96.

Here is my issue, the M2 400w is a
$190, has 80 diodes 5w each, actual power consumption is ~190. Est footprint 2.5x2.5 for 6.25 sqft.

M Ref 96 is $174, has96 diodes, 5w each. Mars website claimed they are the same diodes used in M2 series . est power consumption of 205w. Footprint of 2 x 3 for 6sqft.

Now I'm not squabbling over the $16, that's not the issue. My issue is how in the reflector supposedly have the same diodes, and 16 more of them, more power, and have a lower price and smaller footprint? Is there some downgrade to the reflector series that I am overlooking?

Thanks!

:thanks: thank you, Kogs, for the advice. :love: Our Reflector now has been updated to 5w. It will run a bit hotter, but we add heatsink to dissipate the heat. It will not be a concern.:hug:
It's not a down grade at all. I know the 96x3 reflector rocks, because it doesn't put out any heat and it is 22 inches long. You get great coverage with the reflector model due to the length and the reflector they have on it. The price difference is probably due to it not having a daisy chain function, which I hope they change in the future. The Mars 2 400 isn't going to cover your plant as well, it is 13x13" and the reflector is 22x10. Two of the 96x3,5 cover a 3x3 area perfectly, way better than the Mars 2 700w does and you use the same amount of power.

:circle-of-love: we will not raise the price at our website.:cheesygrinsmiley: We actually has adjusted the coverage data according to the feedbacks from the growers. Now the coverage at the website is more accurate. However, if the light is put closer to the plants, the coverage will be less.:high-five:
Mars Hydro on EB, actually just raised the price, so now the 400w and 96x5 are the same on ebay. Hopefully they don't raise the price on their website. The reflector models are like gold!! You can't beat the length. Most companies now are designing their lights so that they are more lenghty, so that more area is covered.
The square design of the Mars 2 actually limits the coverage to the size of the light. I know for a fact the M2 700w doesn't really cover a 3x3, it is more like 2.5x2.5, or 2x2.

:thumb: it will be fine, King. Good idea! Haha, I am curious about the "Cree MarsII" from which we may well draw some inspiration.:tokin:
Will the drivers in the Mars II work with Cree XPE chips? I looked at the specs and it seems they will work fine. I bought some XPE far red chips and 8mm stars to solder them to, and am thinking about replacing some of the Epistar Reds on my Mars II unit with the Cree. I priced it it and it looke like you can totally convert a 400 over to 80 Cree chips for about $144 depending on how you split the difference between the red chips (there are two). I currently have 3 Mars II 400 and one 700, so swapping one over to be a "Cree Mars II" sounds kinda fun.

:drool:ok, my eyes light up seeing this Pepper. I love pepper. :love::love::love:
Hopefully get done with my Grow Room soon, so I can also bring in my Trinidad Scorpion Pepper Plant "Second Hottest Pepper in the World" from the Green House before it freezes...
I pollinated it's blossoms from the Pollen of a Male Marijuana Plant and now I have the hottest pepper with the highest HIGH.
It makes you think you are in the "Lava Pit of Hell..." :)
20151027_124613.jpg

With the Hottest High Around...
20151027_124757.jpeg

Really??? LOL...

My Mars 900 gets here tomorrow! My seeds spent 24 hours in a glass of water and they have been in paper towels for about 6 hours, gonna possibly throw them in soil tomorrow when the light arrives, if not then definitely the next day! I am super excited and i will be posting pictures for you all very soon! 3x3 Gorilla Tent shorty line and Candyland seeds from Grand Daddy Gentics! :Namaste: ^.^

:thanks: thank you, arellanobrian. You hit the point. :thumb: This is the difference betwee MarsII and Reflector series.:high-five:
i always take what the copanys say with a grain of salt, the coverage is a bit less than on there website if your flowering under them. i have both mars2 and the new reflector with 5 watt diodes and both work well but the fact that the mars 2 has the diodes closer together seems to give it better intensity and penetration but will have a bit of a smaller footprint where the reflector 144x5 runs cooler than my mars 2 700 and both pull about the same wattage. so overall i would say mars2 is a bit hotter but with the most intensity so if you want the best bloom results without doing tons of training IMO its the way to go. reflectors run cooler and provide a better overall coverage area but intesity seems a bit less because of the space between diodes, so better for veg or a SCROG like i do. both are great just depends on your needs :Namaste:

:party::party::party: thanks for sharing, arellanobrian. Great Job!:party::party::party:
Another Weekly Vid, Just Getting the garden ready for the new Mars Pro Epistar 160 LED panel to get in :circle-of-love: the thunderhaze and Dard Dragon Seeds are both blowing up and looking awesome under the mars 144x5. thumbs up to kingdom organic seeds and GenoFarm for the genetics :party::thanks:

:yahoo: It's like reading a grow journal and approaching the most exciting part.:thanks: thanks for sharing your grow with us, King. Congrats on the harvest!:cheer: You make it at the first grow. I do have a vision that your next running will be better. :thumb:
I will go get my profile setup when I get home, but for now here is the first cola I harvested from my first grow ever running 2 x Mars II 400 and 1 x Mars II 700. This plant finished a few weeks earlier them the other 3 plants. We are allowed only 4 here in Oregon, so this is my little attempt at gardening. This first grow was half seeds from AMS and half from Nirvana. All the seeds were auto feminized lemon Haze.

image34592.jpg

Here are the other three getting ready to be chopped down a few weeks later. You can see the little seedlings for my second grow starting to get bigger on the right side a bit.

image34593.jpg

And here is my second attempt at growing. These are 4 Maui Wowie feminized seeds from Nurvana at 4 weeks since they sprouted above ground. I tried to FIM them a week ago, and now they look a little funny.

image34591.jpg

Thanks catfish. It is my first time trying to grow and it turned out really enjoyable. I ran the Mars lights from seedling to flower on 18/6 schedule in organic soils and got a little over 2 ounces per plant (~8 oz total) of super fine green.

Here is plant #3 partially trimmed and ready to be washed.

image34596.jpg

This is a close up of her while still standing.

image34595.jpg

And her trichomes looked like they were just starting to turn Amber.

image34594.jpg

I don't have a scale, so I am guessing at the weight. Here is the same plant #3 after hang drying for a week. It fills a gallon ziplock pretty full. The plants were almost identical in yield, so basically about 4 times this much from all four plants.

image34597.jpg

Ya never know, If you google that question you will find many have tried and many have said it worked and many more will try again.
As for smoking peppers I do it all the time I just use a Smoker not a pipe taste is fabulous adds a whole new dimension to Super Hots
MMMMMMMM
You guys are killing me.
Maybe I'll break out a jar of my green papaya rat turd (Philippine chili) salsa.

:goodjob: wow, it's really enjoyable to read you guys' user experience. From the bottom of the heart, I do agree with that you have the final say to our lights. I can only recommend from the light from the point view of techniques and data. :circle-of-love: Thanks for the help, apeshot. It helps. :circle-of-love:
I own both a Mars II 1200w and a Mars Reflector 96x5. So it's not quite the same, seeing as you are looking at a 400w, but I will give you my impressions anyway.

The Mars II 1200w I started using for veg in my 4'x4', but it turned out the intensity was almost too much for seedlings, even raised to the maximum height in the tent. It also wasted a lot of power in my opinion but it will be perfect for flowering. I needed something smaller so I got the reflector series 96x5 and have been using it for veg in my 4'x4' ever since.

The thing I like about the reflector is it runs cool, is quiet, covers more than enough area, and provides options for light intensity / spectrum. It is actually quite useful having a square tent but a light with a rectangular footprint because it means that I am able to put plants that are smaller and more sensitive to the light in places where they receive less intense light, ie: the corners and along the front and back of the tent (depending on how one orientates the reflector).

I debated whether or not to get the 400w for use in veg and I am glad I got the reflector instead. It's a nice little unit, looks good, doesn't weigh much, and overall works very well. I think you will be happy with whatever you go for, but keep in mind that you may even want a more intense light for flowering depending on how much space you have. I will only flower with the reflector if something unforeseen happens to my Mars II 1200w.

Back
Top Bottom