Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Dear All my friends here,

As our china lunar new year is around the corner, the factory workers are having their holiday now. :Namaste: But no worries, our warehouses will keep dispatching the package, as they are not in china and will not celebrate our Lunar new year. So please feel free to order our standard spectrum lights. :thumb: If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us as well, as we sales groups will still keep working for another 2 weeks before holiday, and we can answer you ASAP. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Happy growing! :circle-of-love:

Welcom to 420 family TSHRED.:welcome: IMO, 5 feet in hight is enough for growing. The smallest tent of ours is around 5 feet in hight as well and it can also work great :cheesygrinsmiley: so please do not worry about it. :high-five:
My grow space is small. 32" x 32" x 5 feet tall.
Can I maintain the proper spacing between the tops of the plants and an LED light such as this?

We are now have 50pcs of 200x3w light ready to preorder now, 450USD/pc, worldwide free shipping free. The actual draw is 300w and the coverage is around 3'x3'. :high-five:
In the new lights, we use better asseble method have COB lights. Therefore the light spectrum is mixed better. :love:
We improved the fans and heat sink so the heat is well controled. :thumb:
Also we add a close quarter bracket to hang the light in a more firmly way; additional daisy chian and on/off swich help you use it more easily. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Here, check thse pictures for reference:high-five:
QQ_20150129151222.jpg
QQ_20141115085631.jpg

When will the Sun Series be released and should I wait?

Dear all my friends, to whom has ordered and whom will be ordering our Sun series lights in the next few days, we are going to ship out the first batch of our sun series around Feb. 10th, 7-15 days will be at your side :cheesygrinsmiley:. Cannot wait to see how they will rock in your grow tents. :cheer:
Anyone who has interest, we are still welcoming preordering. please feel free to contact me to get the first hand light :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the nice replies :)

I'm still on the fence about which model to choose, and I'd appreciate your help!

Old Model 100x3W
I really like the price on this! Coverage area seems to be perfect, but I'm worried it's brightness will disappoint.

Reflector 96x3W
More draw power, but overall the difference to the Old Model 100x3W doesn't seem great enough to justify the extra price. Or am I missing something? Price-wise, with shipping, this doesn't land too far from Mars II 400W...

Mars II 400W
This seems quite powerful, without being overkill. However on the website it says "This series is better for big room grow" - why is that? Is it significantly louder or hotter than the other models? Or is it just about coverage.

Grow space:
80x80cm closet style with lots of vertical space. Scrog is an option, but so is letting the plants grow tall freely. It's actually located in my living room, so silent fans is a big plus.

About me:
I've been a CFL grower for several years. I've always felt though that with CFL I'm missing out on the quality and yield that comes with HPS. So when I switch to LED, I really don't want to feel like I'm still behind the curve in terms of power.

Thank youuu!

I think it's almost universally accepted that the coverage isn't as good as claimed for any of the Mars II units. Personally, i used the method of taking the actual draw at the plug (roughly half the stated wattage), and working out the watts per square foot on that basis. I aimed for somewhere between 40 and 60w psf, so a 400w Mars II, which draws 200w is optimum around 4 square feet, or a 2x2, a 900w (450 actual draw) is good for a 3x3, or 9 square feet, 1600w for a 4x4....and so on.

This is just my take on things, other people may disagree.

Thanks doozy....
makes sense to me and I'm a dummy.....lol
I noticed my 192 x 3 isn't 4.4 x 4.4----more 3x3
Sucks...I'm bout ready to ditch the hids....think I'll just run the 1600 or 1200...4 or 6

Hello all, I would like to know anybody's thought for the best lighting for a 3x3 tent. I want to have multiple tents for different projects and I am leaning towards the 2- 96x3w or 2-144 x3 or just one 192x3w, or even 2 of the old model 100x3w. I like the Mars II series, I have the 700w and 1200w, but the 700w doesn't really seem to cover a 3x3 well enough, and the 1200w seems like too much wasted wattage on a 3x3 area, plus the Mars II series of lights need to be hung pretty far away as to not burn or bleach the plants. Any input would be appreciated.

I do understand I need 35w of actual draw power per square foot, but I was just wondering based on user experience. I read from CO's Finest you tube channel, that the 192x3 get's pretty hot because it only has two fans. The 144x3 has a nice dimensions, but it might be too long for a 3x3, and two of them might be overkill, based on the wattage. The old model 100x3 does not have the 730 IR spectrum, so I was thinking it might good for veg, but not flower. I am trying not to use anymore watts than are needed to cover a 3x3, because I would like to run multiple 3x3 tents and not waste any electricity.

I wonder what to take for 33.5"wide x22" deep x57" tall (or 74.5), white private closed with 2x 3gal pots? Thinking about mars UFO, 48x3 reflector or old 300w panel, but I have no experience with LED..

The first two I intend to run on 20/4, while the last will run only 14/10 because already high e bill, without any grow.

Ufo, or some 300w (180) from ebay is currently my top choice, but still waiting for some extra info from MH support.

/only for personal use. Ty

IMO the reflector series would work really well for you.... You only have to run part of the lights during veg which of course saves you wattage and they are not hot at all... I run a 96x3w reflector in my 2'x2' tent and have a small outtake fan and a small desk fan in the tent and it runs about 75 degrees.... I actually wish it would run a bit warmer in the winter..... With a 3'x3' tent perhaps you could consider a 96x3w and the old model... which ever is the smallest in that model.... and I think you would be fine and you would be able to control some of the cost by not having to run the full spectrum on the reflector during veg and you have the IR in the reflector model... You are more than welcome to check my journal and see just how well these lights work.... I have the reflectors and a couple of the Mars II's......:circle-of-love:

:passitleft: High Hunter... Sara is in China and it is the wee hours of the morning there right now but she is usually on here about 8 or 9 pm eastern time and I'm sure she will reply as soon as she is on here... Good luck with your lights and you will love the lights and the service you receive from Mars-Hydro......:circle-of-love:

I'm about to purchase this tent for flowering:
: Agromax Window Grow Tent - Size XL (98 x 54 x 78)

With that size and for 12+ plants to flower,
I'd like everyone's input on how much led and
Which series they would think for that tent size.

I've been told by htgsupply 3 180w LEDs would be perfect..suggestions?

Thanks buds!

So that's about an 8' x 4' tent and they are telling you what????? General rule is 35 to 50 watts of actual draw power per square foot....To be honest with ya I kinda think you are going to need a bit more than that to get a optimal grow.... Your looking at minimally 1120 watts at 35 watts a sq ft.... and if you go for the 50 watts a sq ft then you need something like 1600 actual watts... That's a lot of tent to cover... Good luck and you will love the Mars-Hydro lights.... I love my Top Leds/Mars-Hydro's and I'm a real person...:goof:....:circle-of-love:

Thanks for the info Dennise. I read your reveiws on the Mars Hydro store website and that was one of the factors in me considering the 96x3 and the 144x3 thanx for the info. You think that one 96x3 relflector and one 100x3 old model would be sufficient for a 3x3 tent for flowering? Or should I just go with two of the 96x3 for flowering?

Back
Top Bottom