Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Will the light from LEDs hurt your eyes? Every time I check on my plants then leave the room everything is green for a bit. I'm guessing its because there isn't green spectrum or something like that. Oh yeah I wear sun glasses and never look directly at the light if this helps.

yeah that's normal. The red and blue photo-receptors in your eyes get depleted and aren't sending information to your brain. Your green receptors are still working fine so your brain only sees the green bands. So, white light appears green for a bit while the red and blue receptors recharge their chemical energy.

Thanks CoNerd, I really love your pictures. :thumb:
I'm running 3 in a 35 inch space with no issues. These lights run very cool and only need about 1/4" of clearance on the sides. However, it is important to keep the vent on the top free from obstructions.

In any case, you don't have to run these lights level. I run my lights angled with the inside edges positioned slightly higher to keep the vents apart. The slight ^ shape is useful.
IMAG021721.jpg
IMAG033516.jpg

Here's one way to hang them at an angle.

I put about 50watts (true) per square foot and get very good results.
Feb28B.JPG

I've posted a lot of images of trichomes on the calyxes. Here's an underside of a sugar leaf after drying a few days.
SugarUnderside1.JPG
SugarUnderside2.JPG

:Namaste:
I feel hungry when I see this, can anybody give me a reason? :cheesygrinsmiley:

That make sense :thumb: Brunt FCA :circle-of-love:
yeah that's normal. The red and blue photo-receptors in your eyes get depleted and aren't sending information to your brain. Your green receptors are still working fine so your brain only sees the green bands. So, white light appears green for a bit while the red and blue receptors recharge their chemical energy.

Whats up, my mars hydro family!

Here is an update on my blue kush grown under two 100x3w mars hydro lights. She is getting BIG!

For those that don't know, this is my first grow ever!

Day 14 of flower and check out the frost! Awesome lights. I have another tent with 5 clones from this girl going and I hope to have them under a Mars 2 soon!

[video=youtube;h7-aM6uJVbM]
[/video]

21869.jpg

I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 10-14 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

When changing over from HIDs to LEDs can this be done anytime?

I have ladies 2wks into flower.

I'm ready to upgrade but don't want to interfere with the current grow.

Thanks for your help

Changing the illumination source you use for cannabis plants is possible at most times of growth.

Sara I have a question , when I'm vegging I should be using 18/6 light hours . Unfortunately I work 10 hours a day and I would have to leave it on while I'm not home . One of my main concerns is safety .
Should I be worried ?

Is there a light timer you can suggest ? Something compatible with the Marshydro ?

If you use approved wiring to code and rated circuits limits growing cannabis is no more dangerous than any other appliance.

Here are 2 timers

120V Dual Outlet Digital Timer - Perfect Gardens

Titan Controls Apollo 8 - Two Outlet 24 Hour Timer

Will the light from LEDs hurt your eyes? Every time I check on my plants then leave the room everything is green for a bit. I'm guessing its because there isn't green spectrum or something like that. Oh yeah I wear sun glasses and never look directly at the light if this helps.

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting. I originally purchased the Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by High Pressure Sodium lights I use for flowering. I have found the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will also protect your eyesight from Ultra Violet and Infra Red LED light from the LED light panels as well. The grey lens should be used with LED light panels as the blue wavelengths are the most damaging to eyesight.

Active Eye Growroom Glasses

I was thinking that I did not see you today.... and Duang (The recent famous onomatopoeic used in China :cheesygrinsmiley:)! you came here now. :passitleft:
I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 10-14 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal
Thank you King:thanks:
Changing the illumination source you use for cannabis plants is possible at most times of growth.

:high-five: Really nice to have you here.
If you use approved wiring to code and rated circuits limits growing cannabis is no more dangerous than any other appliance.

Here are 2 timers

120V Dual Outlet Digital Timer - Perfect Gardens

Titan Controls Apollo 8 - Two Outlet 24 Hour Timer
:Namaste:
I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting. I originally purchased the Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by High Pressure Sodium lights I use for flowering. I have found the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will also protect your eyesight from Ultra Violet and Infra Red LED light from the LED light panels as well. The grey lens should be used with LED light panels as the blue wavelengths are the most damaging to eyesight.

Active Eye Growroom Glasses
:thumb:
Here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Your carbon filter should be mounted higher to allow the inline fan to remove the heated air.

Here is a list of reflective material that may help you, I use black and white panda plastic.

What Reflective Materials Can I Use For My Grow Room?

I have sent the email again to both your email accounts (sara-lgled@hotmail.com & info@mars-hydro.com)

Very disappointed about the customer service!

I ordered a 900w and a few weeks ago and the order showed as pending for ten days. I sent a bunch of messages to ask what was happening with my order with no replies. Then the order changed to delivered and was on my doorstep. As I have said in prior correspondence to you, I wished to change my order to buying two 900w and if you could help.

Again, after a bunch of emails, no response. Why is it so difficult to get a reply from your company? I have already bought one unit and wish to buy another. What is the problem with that? This does not make a person feel valued at all!

Dear wix66, it is strange I did not get your email, I checked it again and still nothing. I have sent you an PM, please check it. :high-five:
I have sent the email again to both your email accounts (sara-lgled@hotmail.com & info@mars-hydro.com)

Very disappointed about the customer service!

I ordered a 900w and a few weeks ago and the order showed as pending for ten days. I sent a bunch of messages to ask what was happening with my order with no replies. Then the order changed to delivered and was on my doorstep. As I have said in prior correspondence to you, I wished to change my order to buying two 900w and if you could help.

Again, after a bunch of emails, no response. Why is it so difficult to get a reply from your company? I have already bought one unit and wish to buy another. What is the problem with that? This does not make a person feel valued at all!

We all learn a lot from you. You are the king, one and only. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thank you kindly Sara! The Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light 420 Magazine sponsor thread has many new growers with questions that I am happy to help with!

Hello Sara and proud Mars II owners :)
I purchased one 700W today and while it on the way I have one technical question. Maybe someone can help me with it.

I know that some of Mars II lights located in Chana stock have Veg/Bloom switches. And I sow that some users have them.

So my question is: does all Mars II lights have same internal design? In other words, can I add on/off switch for the blooming part of red and IR leds without much reworking?

Sorry Boomer76, I thought you mean our sun series 100x3w. The old model 100x3w has full stock. :high-five:

Hello Boomer, I got your email, there is no more discount on the lights now. With the discount code you use is the best one. Please order on our website. :Namaste:

Thanks for the email Sara glad the light panels i want are in stock :) no probs on not being able to discount anymore. As soon as i have worked out my budget for my build and have the money i will order asap.

Out of interest what is the warranty offered on the panels bought from the website?

Back
Top Bottom