Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:party:you are welcome, glimmergrass. I hope the light will work great for you. And... I love cat so much... She or he is so much adorable.:dreamy::hug::love::kisstwo:
Just wanted to pop in and tell Sara, THANK YOU! My 96x5 reflector light arrived today (wasn't due until Monday) so I have a whole extra weekend to play with it!

It's a quality piece of equipment, and the box and labels were super stealthy, which I appreciate.

I've got it set up now and I hope my girls are enjoying it, but I wanted to share just one photo:

IMG_59837.jpg

CannaCat likes it too :)

Thank you, Sara, for the outstanding service -- this is my first real grow light and you made purchasing it very easy.

:thumb: Hello ButADream, thanks for pointing it out. I just noticed it. We will correct it today.:circle-of-love: ButADream, you can send me an email for the details if you are in a hurry.
I was looking for a grow tent on the MH website and noticed that, no matter the size, the "details" always indicate 2'3" x 2'3" x 5'3"!! Looks like a copy/paste operation without the necessary edits (I've frequently done that sort of thing myself accidentally when in a hurry). Can someone take a look at the 3'11" and 4'9" tent descriptions and update those details? I need a big effin' tent soon. Thank you kindly Ms Sarah.

:cheesygrinsmiley: in the perspective of light, I advise to spare some time for the light to rest.
Does a 120x5 watt full spectrum need down time to cool off or can you just plug it in and run it 24 hours a day for constant flowering?

:circle-of-love: thank you, breeder.:ganjamon:
After careful consideration I have choose to go with my second KIND LED. Customer service is great. Very good quality bud. Thanks Randy Wang for all the info though.

:thanks: thanks for the help, Golden. I have noticed it too.:angel:
Although it isn't not recommended, for flowering. There have been some "owners" who have ran a MarsHydro LED unit for 24 hours a day without needing to be cooled down like a metal halide or high pressure sodium lighting unit does.

Hi Neil, the light will still work, but it will harm the light if running the light 24 hours for a long time. :Namaste:
I only want to see if continuous 24 hours will harm the light. My idea is to construct two tents side by side with panda film and moving the light from one tent to the other every 12 hours.

Grow journal is completed, total yield is around 1gr/w,

MarsII, reflector lights did most of the work, and proved to be well wurth the money, was hoping for 0.5 gr/w :)

Can change default parts when needed, assume life expectancy is gonna be alright.
Energy efficiency could be better though.

This harvest from last plant just dry- weighted :Namaste:
SAM_9476.JPG

:party::party: you will get a good result. :cheer::cheer:
Just put 18 into flowering tonight under 3 X 1200w Marshydro II in a 4x8 tent , should return a good result:)
Using coco fiber and canna nutes in 2 gallon pots , temps stay at 84f
Strains are Pac 10 and sour kush
image366.jpeg
image365.jpeg

:thumb: that's very thorough! Thanks for the help, Eagle, it will probably happen as you said. :Namaste:
You won't damage the light unit doing that. The light units are adequately self cooled with internal fans in addition to side venting. You may get tired of moving the light unit before it is damaged due to heat.

Depending on how you choose to move the light from one tent to the next, it may be easier to turn the light off during the transition and you may need to purchase an extension cord to plug the light's power cord into. Handling a lit up unit can be a pain the butt especially as your pulling it down/putting it back up without dropping it.

Dropping the light unit may cause internal damage and void the warranty. Sarah is the only individual on the forum who aught to be able to vouch for how well a light unit will handle a sudden drop to the floor from a specific distance.

Haha, :battingeyelashes: yes, I haven't noticed it until you mention it.:laughtwo:
Hey Sara thanks for your response, seems like sound reasoning. I was more concerned as to whether it was a quality issue with the new lights and remotes I suppose, the timing of the warranty change seemed too coincidental, thanks again. The website looks great btw :thumb:

wow, sounds it will work, it must need a lot preparation. :thumb:
Only way I would attempt moving it would be on a track type system, set to move on a timer. Even that would probably be more expensive than just purchasing another light.

:goodjob: that's really a good job done! I love this photo, well shot.:thumb:
DYI bent reflector "Side Lightening) two 144x5 on angle 1200x2 in center. 25 days in Bud.
20150925_194729_1_.jpg

:goof: we all like suprises. much looking forward to the pictures.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Just received my light and tent and it was super easy to set up. Gotta get some sturdier carabiners for my yo-yo, but other than that I am VERY happy with the setup and the light looks very nice. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the seperate switch setup made its way from the reflector series to the 5W II's. Thank you! Pictures will be taken and sent once I get some ladies germed!

:cheer: thanks for sharing, super~~:thanks:
Here are a couple of pics of the girl that came down today. It was my Heavy Weight Dream Machine. She was 7 weeks veg and 8 weeks flower. She probably could have gone a few more days, but I had the time to cut her today and I needed the space. :) :peace:

20150926_143030_resized.jpg
20150926_144505_resized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom