Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey Catfish,

you may be broke but when your done with your silver man cave you will be set. I am hoping to move within the next 7 years to the country, preferably 5 to 10 acres so I can not justify building a big ole fancy man cave till after I get where I plan on dig my heels in. Till then I just have to be satisfied with what I got, I am envious of you though.

After doing this for about 4 years in a bedroom with cfl lights and wife worried about the smell, people coming over. Lots of worries and stress about it. Kids are gone and now it is my turn to do something for myself well I had my wife help me... Lol. She is just so good using all those man tools I bought her So I went with the Silver Man Cave Grow Room. So next is the 70" HD Led TV with Dolby Surround Sound... Yummy. Not really just in my dreams

After doing this for about 4 years in a bedroom with cfl lights and wife worried about the smell, people coming over. Lots of worries and stress about it. Kids are gone and now it is my turn to do something for myself well I had my wife help me... Lol. She is just so good using all those man tools I bought her So I went with the Silver Man Cave Grow Room. So next is the 70" HD Led TV with Dolby Surround Sound... Yummy. Not really just in my dreams

Just flow with it and enjoy every minute of it. I can identify, well all but the Tool Time wife. :)

Hey Sara (or any other member who has done this before) , i have 2 x 300W old models and i wanted to know if i could take them with me on a plane in the carry on luggage so i can handle them with caution . I dont want to put the lights in the hold luggage because the people that work at the airports throw the suits and don't handle them carefully . Thanks in advance

Anyone ?

Rather than flying with the lights it would be better to package them up very well and ship then through ups to yourself at the new address and have them held for pick up and the local ups store. Take insurance,out on the shippment in case of damage. This is more discreet and shouldn't cost you more than 30 bucks at the very most and insured in case of damage

unfortunately this is not an option for me because the place where im going to is kind of like a third world country lol there are no adresses there and the shipping options are too complicated . I thought about using bubble wrap paper to wrap the panels really well with a big thickness and then wrapping them again with towels or something and placing them in the check in luggage , but then again there would always be a risk of getting there and finding out that one or both panels got damaged :(

Sooo... How much $ per month does one of these Led units cost to run at 18/6 each day? I have a plug in unit coming tomorrow and I will have all 3 lights plugged in to see how much it costs per day to use them.

Catfish I have been running these lights for about 2 years and to be honest.... I have not seen a noticeable difference in my utility bill and I am totally electric here... I went back and pulled up the chart that shows 3 years worth of bills and the differences from when I was running all the lights to before any lights were here... is max $20... Now admittedly where I live is one of the lowest utility rates in the country but non the less the increase is minimal... If you are only running 1 or 2 lights I doubt seriously you will realize the difference.... At one time I was running 8 lights in the house and that is the 2 months I can see about $20 difference.... I currently am only running 2 Mars II 400's and a 144x5w reflector and my last bill was less than $100 for my entire house so I can't imagine they are pulling much $$$$$....:circle-of-love:

Catfish I have been running these lights for about 2 years and to be honest.... I have not seen a noticeable difference in my utility bill and I am totally electric here... I went back and pulled up the chart that shows 3 years worth of bills and the differences from when I was running all the lights to before any lights were here... is max $20... Now admittedly where I live is one of the lowest utility rates in the country but non the less the increase is minimal... If you are only running 1 or 2 lights I doubt seriously you will realize the difference.... At one time I was running 8 lights in the house and that is the 2 months I can see about $20 difference.... I currently am only running 2 Mars II 400's and a 144x5w reflector and my last bill was less than $100 for my entire house so I can't imagine they are pulling much $$$$$....:circle-of-love:

Thanks Dennise. Glad to hear that. Whew!
I also programmed my remote to start at 20 percent the first hour on then 40,60,80,100 percent.
Then 100 percent for 8 hours. Then 80,60,40,20 then off for the next 8.
What Percentages of each Red & Blue/White would you recommend for each of the four hours coming on and then going off at the end of the 100 percent being on?

I would get the reflector series , having two of those will give you good coverage. Those 1600w are nice and cover a big area , but I think you going the right direction in getting another reflector.

Sooo... How much $ per month does one of these Led units cost to run at 18/6 each day? I have a plug in unit coming tomorrow and I will have all 3 lights plugged in to see how much it costs per day to use them.

CFK YOU CRACK ME UP!

It's funny that I did this calculation for YOUR lights (2400W) today and you yourself have no idea what it will cost you? LOL!

One light uses about 800W, you have three = 2400W.

x 18 hours/day = 43,300 = 43kwh per day x 30 (month) = 1290kwh
1kwh here is €0.12, which makes approx €155/month *solely* for the kwh of these three lights.
I say "solely" since the utility bill will normally add a percentage of whatever fees to the actual usage, so the *real* costs would be higher, more like €200 or so just for 2400 Watts lights, in addition to anything else on my electric bill.

WAIT - I AM WRONG!

Those lights only use up to 355W for bloom and then less depending, veg, seedling etc.
I made the mistake to assume 800W wall wattage which is wrong of course.

Power Consumption:
Bloom: 325~355w | Growth: 240~270w | Seedling 80~110w

So it's much less than what I calculated there.

When I take three lights, 355W/bloom 12 hrs or 270W/grow 18 hours..I am getting to about €50 per month (for three lights), before fees. This is for me with a kwh at €0.12. So the cost is actually tolerable.

Hey Flexy, Lol. I just remembering reading where it didn't cost more that around $20 extra a month to use the Leds. So times 3 is around $60. So I am giving up my Cell Phone unlimited internet access up to pay towards that bill. LOL...
Since it is so bright in there with 3 Leds running at 100% I am going to turn them down to 80% to see how they do in growing. Also reduced the temp around 10 degrees when they are at 80%.

CFK YOU CRACK ME UP!

It's funny that I did this calculation for YOUR lights (2400W) today and you yourself have no idea what it will cost you? LOL!

One light uses about 800W, you have three = 2400W.

x 18 hours/day = 43,300 = 43kwh per day x 30 (month) = 1290kwh
1kwh here is €0.12, which makes approx €155/month *solely* for the kwh of these three lights.
I say "solely" since the utility bill will normally add a percentage of whatever fees to the actual usage, so the *real* costs would be higher, more like €200 or so just for 2400 Watts lights, in addition to anything else on my electric bill.

WAIT - I AM WRONG!

Those lights only use up to 355W for bloom and then less depending, veg, seedling etc.
I made the mistake to assume 800W wall wattage which is wrong of course.

Power Consumption:
Bloom: 325~355w | Growth: 240~270w | Seedling 80~110w

So it's much less than what I calculated there.

All this Led Lights is new to me. Learning as I go along and watching a lot of YouTube on Co2 and self enclosed rooms.
Yeah $20 per LED can come close, roughly.

Back
Top Bottom