Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:thumb: this is a very good advice and minimize the risk and loss to the lowest.:circle-of-love:
Rather than flying with the lights it would be better to package them up very well and ship then through ups to yourself at the new address and have them held for pick up and the local ups store. Take insurance,out on the shippment in case of damage. This is more discreet and shouldn't cost you more than 30 bucks at the very most and insured in case of damage

Hmm... rough handle will sometimes get the light dented... you can first try to take it with yourself.:high-five:
unfortunately this is not an option for me because the place where im going to is kind of like a third world country lol there are no adresses there and the shipping options are too complicated . I thought about using bubble wrap paper to wrap the panels really well with a big thickness and then wrapping them again with towels or something and placing them in the check in luggage , but then again there would always be a risk of getting there and finding out that one or both panels got damaged :(

Hi MCeeeeeee!:cheesygrinsmiley: it's still 48x3w in Canadian warehouse. I will keep you guys updated when it becomes 48x5w.:high-five:
Hii Saraaa ! :thumb: :love: did you know when you gonna have some Reflector48x5W SERIES , IN your Canadian warehouse :Namaste: .

Ok I hooked up my new meter, plugged in all (3)MarsPro Cree128 Led's and the display said 118.6... Wow... Oh thats the voltage of the line... Lol... Oh here it is wattage. 846 at 80%. When lights go to 100% I will check again.
My cost is. $.09815 per kilowatt.

:circle-of-love: Hello Dennise, thanks for the help:thanks: Hope you will have a blessed day!:love::love:
Catfish I have been running these lights for about 2 years and to be honest.... I have not seen a noticeable difference in my utility bill and I am totally electric here... I went back and pulled up the chart that shows 3 years worth of bills and the differences from when I was running all the lights to before any lights were here... is max $20... Now admittedly where I live is one of the lowest utility rates in the country but non the less the increase is minimal... If you are only running 1 or 2 lights I doubt seriously you will realize the difference.... At one time I was running 8 lights in the house and that is the 2 months I can see about $20 difference.... I currently am only running 2 Mars II 400's and a 144x5w reflector and my last bill was less than $100 for my entire house so I can't imagine they are pulling much $$$$$....:circle-of-love:

Ok the Cree128 Led's at 80% running 84 degrees F according to the laser temp gun. Will check again at 100% brightness.

:circle-of-love: Hi Vertrolle, Reflector192 and MarsII1600w will be a little overkill for 4'x4' grow tent. In that case, heat must be a concern. You can consider to get smaller lights like Reflector144.:circle-of-love:
I have a quick question, I have a Reflector-192 in a 4'x4' grow tent I was thinking about getting a second one or would I be better off going with a Mars II 1600?

:thanks: thanks, flyboy.:love:
I would get the reflector series , having two of those will give you good coverage. Those 1600w are nice and cover a big area , but I think you going the right direction in getting another reflector.

:yahoo: haha, flexy, thanks for the calcualtion! Now it looks acceptable to me.:)
CFK YOU CRACK ME UP!

It's funny that I did this calculation for YOUR lights (2400W) today and you yourself have no idea what it will cost you? LOL!

One light uses about 800W, you have three = 2400W.

x 18 hours/day = 43,300 = 43kwh per day x 30 (month) = 1290kwh
1kwh here is €0.12, which makes approx €155/month *solely* for the kwh of these three lights.
I say "solely" since the utility bill will normally add a percentage of whatever fees to the actual usage, so the *real* costs would be higher, more like €200 or so just for 2400 Watts lights, in addition to anything else on my electric bill.

WAIT - I AM WRONG!

Those lights only use up to 355W for bloom and then less depending, veg, seedling etc.
I made the mistake to assume 800W wall wattage which is wrong of course.

Power Consumption:
Bloom: 325~355w | Growth: 240~270w | Seedling 80~110w

So it's much less than what I calculated there.

When I take three lights, 355W/bloom 12 hrs or 270W/grow 18 hours..I am getting to about €50 per month (for three lights), before fees. This is for me with a kwh at €0.12. So the cost is actually tolerable.

Haha, Kogs, you really commend highly for Reflector series.:cheesygrinsmiley: You are right. The wider gap between the leds on Reflector allows it to disspiate the heat more effectively and comparably cover larger area. :hug:
I agree. I think two 96x5, or two 144x5 will beat any Mars 2 light that is comparable in wattage to the two reflectors together. It's not about light intensity, it's about light coverage.
I think the reflector series are the best lights Mars Hydro has. They use less led's and are longer in length, which makes them run cooler.
Alot of the higher priced led grow lights have adopted this theory I believe.
BML spyder has a 600w fixture that measures 36x36, uses 3w led's with a lens to increase the par value and has a total power consumption of 330w at the wall. Your whole 3x3 area would fully be covered with a even par all the way across. Also they are only using 5 bands. 2-red, 2-blue, and white 6500k.

:tokin: you have passion for grow and desire for more knowledge. CatfishKinight, it will be not long before you become the master of grow.:yahoo:
All this Led Lights is new to me. Learning as I go along and watching a lot of YouTube on Co2 and self enclosed rooms.

:circle-of-love: gooddealz, 2pcs MarsII1200w are better. Plus, you will have better coverage from 2pcs lights. One 1600w will be just OK.:hug:
Hello everyone, have a quick question I'm running 6 plants in a 5x5 gorilla tent right now in veg I'm trying to make my mind up on flower setup either 2 Mars ll 1200w or 1 Mars ll 1600w which would be best for a 5x5 tent space? Right now I have a intake 8" bringing cool air in the tent Temps 75-79 vegging under t5's what's best setup to go with all opinions welcome...

Caulked all the seams this evening, hung the lights, attached the door hinges. Just a heads up, the product dimensions on the site are incorrect for the reflector 144*5. I had made some hanger brackets for each end of the lights for more adjustability and placed roof supports across the top of my cabinet off these measurements. There was a 5" difference length wise so my mounts are a bit off. Oh well, I'm just a stickler for details :p Hoping to get the doors on tomorrow. Looks like a portal to another universe!
IMG_20151104_203029.jpg

Ok using my Laser temperature gun & with all three Cree128 Led's going at 100% on it is running at 998 watts. The temperature on the metal case is 98 degrees F & the Led's temp is 96 degrees F. So 3 little hanging heaters they are. Whew...

It's a style of air conditioner that works well in sealed rooms. Doesn't exchange air so you can run CO2 with no issues.

Do you recommend a certain brand?

I don't have any recommendations for a brand in particular. You can do a rough estimate of the heat given off by the equipment and go from there. Your best bet would most likely be buying something from your local HVAC company.

Hi MCeeeeeee!:cheesygrinsmiley: it's still 48x3w in Canadian warehouse. I will keep you guys updated when it becomes 48x5w.:high-five:

HII Saraaaaaaaa :circle-of-love::cheesygrinsmiley:

HMM Well thanks , in that case ill be waiting .
i ask you the question because some girl named Ann answer my email 2 day ago from hydro mars website , telling me that i can got one already from CA warehouse .. weird or not ?

thanks :high-five: and il be waiting for that updated :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom