Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Regardless of your test what would you like us all to do. Everyone send everything back and ask for a refund? I'm sure that will work great for us. I'm glad you chose to do your own reaserarch with a tool that cost more than the rest of our grows. There have been several successful grows with theses lights. Now I know I need to spend 50$ and get a red ufo. But I'm still OK with my lights. If I had thousands to spend I'd buy the best everything. But I don't. No reason to dog on any one. You have said what you believe. I feel it's time for you to move one now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

I appreciate Flyboy's expertise and obvious obsession with knowing every facet of his lights' abilities, but each of us needs to find what works for us at a price we can afford..

And all the corporations like Apple are banking on all of us being so anal about our gadgets that we will stand in line for days to buy their next best thing so we can be the coolest kid on the block.

Myself, I'm waiting for the URANUS 69XLT 500 LTD 300ZX with the I12 app that controls the whole nations power grid from my phone ... oh, and don' forget the built in bud trimmer.

Flyboy did a damn good test and if I had his expertise and knowledge I would build what I perceived to be a better light, all the wasted energy trying to convince everyone else is a waste of time, build your perfect light and have a grow off video and prove it in yield and quality and every one will know your name:) I'll keep raising and lowering my lights for the percentage out put and plugging it into an old fashioned timer and if I had a remote that was not working right I would unplug between the power supply and the light drivers and plug a pair of veg and bloom switches in place. But.. I guess in the real world things aren't that simple......

I'm just passing on knowledge, don't care if you buy from them or not , I own many of there lights and they do work well , if you price a Cree 128 to build yourself, you might as well buy there's. I like the Cree , awesome spectrum good par , under the light , bad design being curved , now I know , didn't before. The Pro Epistar work very well , spectrum is a little off and it could use some uv and ir , but they work as I showed in my last grow , it's drying now , but looks about 3 1/2 lbs , not bad :). Learned that the old 300w model kicks ass , didn't know that , been using them and they work well , no doubt, now I know why. Reflector series is very good as well and has good coverage, they make good lights when the work and don't break , so why not fix the little things , better fans , no remote , and correct spectrums to grow even better and smash the competition, then we all win ,right....

Keep your feeling to yourself, thank you very much , I posted facts , not feelings
I do appreciate your facts. To me it just seamed like you just wanted to be a dbag about it. Over and over again. Im not upset at you. I have had a great experience on this site thus far. But as you mentioned keep my feels to myself. Good luck with your grows. Best wishes.

I do appreciate your facts. To me it just seamed like you just wanted to be a dbag about it. Over and over again. Im not upset at you. I have had a great experience on this site thus far. But as you mentioned keep my feels to myself. Good luck with your grows. Best wishes.

Being a gnarly old observant dude who has read every single post in this thread and I have noticed as each new person comes to learn about the lights.

The one thing that humors me the most is how quickly most guys after talking to the Women from Mars they get offended when they perceive that someone is dissing their lights. Quite genius of Mars Hydro from a marketing stand point. They'd much rather believe a cute lil' Asian girl than an expert with a boatload of equipment.

The other thing I have learned is that Sara and her cohorts go out of their way to remedy any problems and are genuinely interested in learning more and more and relaying what they learn to the company in hopes of improving the product.

We after all are their testers as it's highly unlikely any company in China is going to be sprouting their own crop and testing them themselves.

I love teasing them about their remotes and I have always felt that the curved fixture was strange. In my pea brain if anything the fixture should be curved ever so slightly in the opposite direction.

The one thing I do know is my light tent combo produces some tasty budules of delight and that and the price is why I would purchase again.

Well if the old 300w is a kick ass light I'm glad I'm using the old 600w style light. Perhaps I should buy (5) of the old style 600w vs (1) of the new epstar 192 or whatever it is.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Well if the old 300w is a kick ass light I'm glad I'm using the old 600w style light. Perhaps I should buy (5) of the old style 600w vs (1) of the new epstar 192 or whatever it is.

Pretty cheap on eBay. $130

Yes, I just purchased (4) of the old 600w style about a month ago and have been using them to replace my t5. Not sure if I can comment on how good they work because this is my very first grow. But they are growing for sure.

I just bought the old 300 watt. And a mars 2 400. Small 2x2 grow. Did it last time on 6 42 watt CFL's. Wanted to try led. Hopefully I get a good yield. Last time I had a good quarter lb.

The one thing that humors me the most is how quickly most guys after talking to the Women from Mars they get offended when they perceive that someone is dissing their lights. Quite genius of Mars Hydro from a marketing stand point. They'd much rather believe a cute lil' Asian girl than an expert with a boatload of equipment.

They are so cute tho!

hydro_honeys.jpg

The 300w lights work, I have 2 ! Grow some good buds. For the 65.00 they cost I'm gonna go with 4 and force those little bitches in the pot to get real sticky guey :thanks:

CFLs cant compete
I just bought the old 300 watt. And a mars 2 400. Small 2x2 grow. Did it last time on 6 42 watt CFL's. Wanted to try led. Hopefully I get a good yield. Last time I had a good quarter lb.

Flyboy, Some people will never believe what is absolute proof right in front of them. Thanks for the scientific proof. I am glad I got the Mars Pro Cree128. Even running at 80% brightness and 24 inches above the pots, my other plants that are taller than that and are sitting in the corner away from the Leds have the most dark rich green leaves. My Cree128 are doing a fantastic job on the plants that are not even under them directly.

Flyboy did a damn good test and if I had his expertise and knowledge I would build what I perceived to be a better light, all the wasted energy trying to convince everyone else is a waste of time, build your perfect light and have a grow off video and prove it in yield and quality and every one will know your name:) I'll keep raising and lowering my lights for the percentage out put and plugging it into an old fashioned timer and if I had a remote that was not working right I would unplug between the power supply and the light drivers and plug a pair of veg and bloom switches in place. But.. I guess in the real world things aren't that simple......

Myself, I'm waiting for the URANUS 69XLT 500 LTD 300ZX with the I12 app that controls the whole nations power grid from my phone ... oh, and don' forget the built in bud trimmer.

Haha!

You are on fire today Gnarl E, second time you've made me laugh within the last 6 hours!

Back on topic, I also have an older model 600w Mars light which I am very happy with so far

Sara,

I have been dealing with Ruby for my warranty issues with the Mars 1600. I was given the option to ship the light to California for repairs or have replacement parts sent to me. I opted to have the parts sent to me. I received 36 LEDS and 52 Protection diodes with no documentation.
1213150725small.jpg

Of the 36 LEDS, 6 have a dark chip, 10 have a yellow chip and 16 have a clear chip. There was no schematic on where the various LEDS should be placed. Hopefully you can help me to figure out their proper placement. I assume I will only need to use 36 protection diodes. Are the other 16 protection diodes that were sent just extras? Do you have any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Sara,

I have been dealing with Ruby for my warranty issues with the Mars 1600. I was given the option to ship the light to California for repairs or have replacement parts sent to me. I opted to have the parts sent to me. I received 36 LEDS and 52 Protection diodes with no documentation.
1213150725small.jpg

Of the 36 LEDS, 6 have a dark chip, 10 have a yellow chip and 16 have a clear chip. There was no schematic on where the various LEDS should be placed. Hopefully you can help me to figure out their proper placement. I assume I will only need to use 36 protection diodes. Are the other 16 protection diodes that were sent just extras? Do you have any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Go to You Tube and look up Mars Hydro there is a video on testing and replacing theled's and diodes, test and replace as needed. I will assume you sent them a photo of the light on and off, you can see which ones to check and they are installed in a pattern that should be easy to figure out.If you opted to have the parts sent to you, you will be able to repair it, very simple design.

<snip>The lights could be better , guess you all will settle for mediocrity. I'm amazed that one can look at results and not think about your purchase,
<snip>
I tried to post results for other lights and grows for other lights as tests , but my posts and thread were removed, and you trust them...

Hi 420flyboy, thanks for posting your data for the various MH lights.

I did my first grow with the 3W reflectors and was satisfied with the results. However, the data you present will factor in to my decision when I upgrade to another light in the future.

As far as the 'mediocrity' of the MH lights, I can neither agree nor disagree with you...but I certainly see your point. However, many of us are constrained by our budgets and we are simply looking for the best light(s) that we can afford. In many respects, I feel that MH meets that criteria. Your data seem to suggest that this value varies across the MH product lineup.

I would love to see your results (qualitative and quantitative) for the lights that you used in other grows!

Thanks again for the time and expense that you put in to your research.

Back
Top Bottom