Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:thumb:this is very helpful.:thanks:
seems like need of Manganese

malady_chart213.jpg
Cannabis_Nutrient_And_Deficiency_Table31.JPG

Hey 420flyboy what reflector series light was it hat you tested? Thinking of getting a marshydro for a 2x4 tent to veg in. What light do you recommend from all of your par testing that you have done with them?

Just received 144x5 wow what a light! Northern Lights X Big Bud absolutely loves it. I can't hardly believe how much bigger/ fatter my buds grew! So I ordered another, a 192x5 have to wait on this one from China, it will be worth the wait!

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using 420

:thumb:wow, Purple, it has proved it, haha.:hug: Lesson learned.
People were mentioning never hearing about a fan pulling air out of the tent and then out through a carbon filter go to the 50 second mark of this video. It is just a technique for smaller grow tents to save space and also here is a picture of my setup. Idk why the picture was uploaded sideways
image-63.jpg

I wanted to chime in with my Mars Hydro LED experience. I am an inexperienced grower and I started with a large HID setup. Had always thought about LED but wanted to let the technology advance and prices come down before I jumped in. I was clued in to the older style Mars Hydro lights being on sale. Ended up picking up two of the 300 watt (135ish actual) units and throwing them in a veg tent working out to about 55 watts per square foot. I started three seedlings under the lights and moved them to another tent and moved a small autoflower into the tent and she has been under the Mars Hydro lights for about a week. She is growing quite well, the nodes are tight and the rate of growth is fine by me. These lights actually surprised me. For the price I wasn't expecting much but I think they will do great for my small tent.

IMG_0005372.JPG

IMG_0007334.JPG

IMG_0008334.JPG

IMG_0006364.JPG

Just an update chopped my Sunset Sherbet on 1/3 and dried slowly for 10 days and now curing. Got 45 grams flowers and 25 grams trim along with 10+ grams of fan leaves. Pretty satisfied with this grow and just cut down the Black Lime Reserve next to it just now and its currently drying in the tent. Pics when I can accss a PC.

mkqKbsX.jpg

1kjaBUx.jpg

:cheesygrinsmiley:Stoney, it's a great plan.:thumb: Maybe then you can consider our Mars Pro series.:hug:
Ok so I decided to go with the old 600 watt model and one more 60x5. I will use the 600 to veg and I will use one of the 60x5s for clones and the other 2 for extra lighting in flower. Then in March I am getting either another Mars ll 1200 or the 1600. Or I might make my own cob.

I hate first world problems lol

:laughtwo: Haha, gudyul, this light will rock the market.:thumb:
In theory I want a strip light with 30 red diodes with a 12hr built in timer-switch/dimmer-knob, I want the light strip to include a 6 far red that come on for 30 min after near red turns off. I would also like a double ended uvb attachment that also has built in timer-switch/dimmer-knob. fans ,on each end( one in and one out ;). power source with built in surge protector, built in emergency heat and humidity shut off, extra long plug wire 8 foot. ? No remote thingees. maybe a wifi phone app with notifications. THis could be a custom made strip or a DIY. Any estimates on costs including one labor, one supervisor,one manager,one marketer and one PR rep? 500$??(plus shipping and fed ex extras)

:circle-of-love:Hello Bob, they will work better, for sure.:cheesygrinsmiley: Feel free to share us the pics.:high-five:
A shout out to anyone considering Sara and Mars lights. I have been running them for the last 2 years since it was TOP and they have been doing great.

Recently I had a reflector unit go out and Sara stepped up and handled the warranty claim right away and even made sure that the solution fit my needs specifically to my current garden. Class act for sure!

Right now I have 4 monsters trying to tear off the walls of my 2x4 tent under 2 Mars 400 IIs and they love it!

:circle-of-love:
Bob

:yahoo:thanks for the comments for our Mars Pro series. I like your grow:drool:
another update under the new mars pro epistar 160 LED. a few issues this round but thats def grower the panel has been amazing!

IMG_212215.JPG
IMG_212316.JPG
IMG_212420.JPG
IMG_212513.JPG
IMG_212617.JPG
IMG_212720.JPG
IMG_212816.JPG
IMG_212925.JPG
IMG_213017.JPG
IMG_213123.JPG
IMG_213219.JPG

:thedoubletake:So sorry to hear about this, Shelby. This is truly non-honest.:geek: Everyone here should be awared of this.
Warning: Do not buy seeds from Barney's Farm!

I was so excited to recently add (2) 144 x 5 Reflectors to my (2) 192 x 3 Reflector lights and add a 144 x 3 Classic that I won in the Christmas contest. In total my habitat was receiving 62 watts per square foot and my 13 plants were growing extremely well. I was very proud at my result thus far.

6 of 13 planted from seed were Barney's Farm Cookies Kush Feminized and over the weekend I discovered ALL 6 Barney's are MALE plants. I chopped all six today with anger and discust. After Googling Barney's I now realize what a mistake I huge made.

Hopefully my (3) LA Cookies and (2) LA Affie by the Cali Connection turn out to be female. (2) Coma Kush by Canuk have a home here as well

:circle-of-love:Hello, my dearest friends, I want to share with you guys our video for Mars-Hydro Grow Tent Set-Up.
The one in the video is 3' 11'' x3' 11'' x6' 7''.:circle-of-love:

Ok so looking at the under growth of my canopy I am kinda disappointed with the shallowness of the light penetration. The nugs are nice till about 6 inches down then they just look so small and nothing compared to the side that had the hps. My experiment with the led hps combo is the best results so far. Which leads me to want to only use led for extra lighting and not as the main light. So what I think I am going to do. Is take the Mars ll 1200 down and put up the hps with the 2 mars 60x5s on each side. I feel that is going to give the best penetration and overall results. I don't understand the under canopy because I have seen some videos with the Mars ll 1200 and the undergrowth was just as good as the top, so that has me thinking maybe I got a bad led unit. I don't have time for this grow to not be what it should be and seeing the flowering results so far I am less then impressed with the Mars ll 1200 for flowering. For veg it's great. But for 3x the amount of a 1000 watt hps and 4x them amount of a 400watt hps I would think it should have great penetration and the under growth would be awesome. Now I am not saying Mars leds are no good because lots and lots of people have grown with them they just don't seem to be what I was hoping or looking for. I will give it another week with the led to see if they catch up and if not I will return my Mars ll 1200 and go back to hps.

Ok so looking at the under growth of my canopy I am kinda disappointed with the shallowness of the light penetration. The nugs are nice till about 6 inches down then they just look so small and nothing compared to the side that had the hps. My experiment with the led hps combo is the best results so far. Which leads me to want to only use led for extra lighting and not as the main light. So what I think I am going to do. Is take the Mars ll 1200 down and put up the hps with the 2 mars 60x5s on each side. I feel that is going to give the best penetration and overall results. I don't understand the under canopy because I have seen some videos with the Mars ll 1200 and the undergrowth was just as good as the top, so that has me thinking maybe I got a bad led unit. I don't have time for this grow to not be what it should be and seeing the flowering results so far I am less then impressed with the Mars ll 1200 for flowering. For veg it's great. But for 3x the amount of a 1000 watt hps and 4x them amount of a 400watt hps I would think it should have great penetration and the under growth would be awesome. Now I am not saying Mars leds are no good because lots and lots of people have grown with them they just don't seem to be what I was hoping or looking for. I will give it another week with the led to see if they catch up and if not I will return my Mars ll 1200 and go back to hps.

Wtf? Grow however you think is best, but don't knock a light that you haven't even finished 1 grow with, and then suggest you'll get yourself a refund after using it. You kept your light way higher than recommended for a long time. I told you about the shallow penetration and how best to flower with it. It's something all LED's struggle with. You have to train, defoliate, feed a bit differently than with HID.

You are not even 4 weeks through flowering... the flowers are only beginning to swell. You should just be patient and stick with your plan, then you can make all the posts you want about how awesome/terrible it went. If it's really a big deal you could harvest the top shelf when ready and wait for the lower buds to finish.

Back
Top Bottom