Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

With so many opinions out there, it is hard to make a choice..… I'm debating whether to get a mars ii 1200 or 2 reflector series 144x5 in a 3x3 tent. Thank you for your incite. Peace!!

Forgot to mention this is for bloom!! Thank you.

Or... 4 - 96x5.....

What depth of optimal penetration does the reflector series have?? I don't grow trees so depth isn't that important. Peace!!

With so many opinions out there, it is hard to make a choice..... I'm debating whether to get a mars ii 1200 or 2 reflector series 144x5 in a 3x3 tent. Thank you for your incite. Peace!!

For what my opinion is worth... I have both the reflector series and the Mars II's and I much prefer my reflectors... They do not run as hot....When I want to grow my seedlings under it I can with just the veg switch on and it gets very little stretch with tight nodes...and since they upgraded to the 5w LEDs you get as good a penetration as with the Mars and 2 of the 144x5w will absolutley rock that size tent and will fit it perfecty... IMO much better than the 2 square cased Mars II's....:circle-of-love:

these are under 1 144x5w reflector and in veg....:circle-of-love:
DSC050146.JPG
DSC049877.JPG
DSC049674.JPG
the one in the front corner is an auto that is in bloom but that is my veg tent....:circle-of-love:

:cheesygrinsmiley:I advise 2pcs Reflector144, even though both will cover your grow area. Firstly, the draw power of 2pcs Reflector144 is about 634w, more than that of MarsII1200, 514w. Secondly, 2pcs lights has better light distribution and more flexibility than 1pcs big light.:Namaste:
With so many opinions out there, it is hard to make a choice..... I'm debating whether to get a mars ii 1200 or 2 reflector series 144x5 in a 3x3 tent. Thank you for your incite. Peace!!

Bernie - thank you for your incite, muchly appreciated!!

Dennise - I value your incite greatly. I have read some of your input into this community and heard and read many great comments directly related to you. Thank you very much.

Thinking I may be doing the transition to led very soon. I was already leaning towards the reflector series, but didn't want to pull the plug till I was sure. Peace!!

Sara - thank you for your quick advice!!

:circle-of-love:Hi MusicB, I have asked some growers regarding this issue. PH is the key. You need to check the PH and the optimum PH is between 5.5 and 6.3. PH out of balance will block out the nutrients.:circle-of-love:
Well I didn't want to do this because this isn't a thread for sick plants but I noticed another pic was added above. So might as well give it a go since I'm using LeD.
Plus I always see Denise giving great help and info.

fbbf0c302861c091bd3839287910afdc.jpg
8ea55a652780b6315880137f88b299e6.jpg

What could be going on?
Little info from my end:
Temp 78° (doesn't go above 80° not below 70°)
Rez temps always cooled with water bottles every 3-6 hours.
Technaflora nutrients at 50% strength.
Humidity has been 26 - 35% (usually 30%)

Sent from my iPhone using 420

:circle-of-love:Hi Shaggn, 4pcs Reflector96 will draw more than 2pcs Reflector144... :love: Reflector has 5w and penetration is good. We advise to hange the light at the height of 12"~18" during flower.
Forgot to mention this is for bloom!! Thank you.

Or... 4 - 96x5.....

What depth of optimal penetration does the reflector series have?? I don't grow trees so depth isn't that important. Peace!!

You are welcome, Shaggn. Take the time and do more research. Any questions, free to ask here. :high-five:
Bernie - thank you for your incite, muchly appreciated!!

Dennise - I value your incite greatly. I have read some of your input into this community and heard and read many great comments directly related to you. Thank you very much.

Thinking I may be doing the transition to led very soon. I was already leaning towards the reflector series, but didn't want to pull the plug till I was sure. Peace!!

Sara - thank you for your quick advice!!

I'm not to concerned with the draw/watts per se. I'm looking for max par coverage for the area specific to an optimal yield outcome. I guess I'm looking for a perfect middle area with watts = yield in an optimal range. I'm a newb to LEDs but I can assure you that my newbness will be momentary lol. I again thank everyone for their priceless incite and knowledge.

On a side note, I love this forum!! I've been a member on multiple sites and I enjoy the atmosphere on 420 the most along with the valuable knowledge of this amazing community. Peace!!

:circle-of-love:Hi guys, as Easter is coming, some warehouses will take off. UK and Australia warehouses will take off from 25th to 28th. The shipment will be delayed. Sorry about this inconvenience.:Namaste:

doobie I can't get that link to work but I googled it and yes it is a Mars Hydro but it is one of the older models that they no longer sell on the M-H site... if I remember correctly Sara stated that they were to just compete with the less expensive lights on Fleabay... I do know if you purchase a light on the M-H site your warranty is a year longer and for the price of that light you could buy a 48x5w reflector and if you use the discount code CoFinest it will take a few dollars more off... I do have a couple of the lights you are looking at and they work great for side lighting but my reflectors work much better....:circle-of-love:

doobie I can't get that link to work but I googled it and yes it is a Mars Hydro but it is one of the older models that they no longer sell on the M-H site... if I remember correctly Sara stated that they were to just compete with the less expensive lights on Fleabay... I do know if you purchase a light on the M-H site your warranty is a year longer and for the price of that light you could buy a 48x5w reflector and if you use the discount code CoFinest it will take a few dollars more off... I do have a couple of the lights you are looking at and they work great for side lighting but my reflectors work much better....:circle-of-love:
Reflector 96 LED Grow Light Mars Hydro 25W+/-5 True Power Hydroponic VEG Flower | eBay

Back
Top Bottom