MassMedMan's Greenhouse

Been slacking, they should get a dirt nap tomorrow.....

20160410_110044.jpg

20160410_110014.jpg

I've never seen a sprouted pumpkin seed before - I can finally see how babies get started in teenage girls' tummies :rofl:

I honestly have never germed like this, with any seeds. It's going to be an interesting run, happy to have you along. I think i jumped the gun a little and started them too early, but i have an extra tent i think I'm going to keep them in until i get them in the ground. The area i have for them has been sitting for two years. As you may remember, i dug a massive hole 6x6x6 and backfilled with horse shit and a bunch of unwanted fish i caught in my pond, plus fish from the ocean. It's rich, loaded with food for those babies!

So, I'm excited to see what i can grow. I know i have good genes with these seeds, thanks to a member from here! Tomorrow, they'll start in soil.

Meanwhile, i got some lettuce, broccoli, potatoes, corn and a few others I'll be prepping or planting this week.

So happy for spring!

Be well, Rad ;) and stay frosty

Are you still in contact with the member who shared the seeds? If it is the one I am thinking of, he had good genetics, great growing skills and an ego to match. Both of you can vegetable garden the crap out of me.

This fall I plan to be moved to a state with a better growing season. I'll be growing some of my favorite herb seeds indoors under CFLs year round. I had a pair of rosemary bushes from last fall. The big, happy one only made it until January because I moved it from the artificial lights to the master bedroom. The scrawny rosemary and a planter of chocolate mint are the only indoor/outdoor herbs that lasted the winter. I harvested the chocolate mint twice since last fall :)

I burned dead branches yeasterday, and worked on a bed in the front yard today. Too bad the bed is for showing the house and using up garden amendments I don't want to pack in a moving van. All the pleasure of gardening with none of the risk or reward. I won't be planting :)

Good growing to you.

I have to admit Rad, i had to go back and look to see who the member was, it was RudyRuderalis who sent me the pumkin seeds. I swear only pumkin seeds ;)

I'm not sure he's still around and i think he got or purchased the seeds rather then made them. So, I'm not sure about getting the genetics. But, should i grow something over 500lbs I'll probably have a few seeds to send you one day.

Spent the past two days in my garden turning soil and getting beds ready. Next week I'll get to planting a whole lotta stuff,, indoors of course.

Finally got them in dirt yesturday. Used some coast of Maine Stonington blend i had laying around. Checked them this morning, have them in a tent under a couple t12s,, look good, nothing major to report. The two on the right under the heat pad are popping up, i switched the heat pad to the other side today. I need to get another one of them.

20160412_093146.jpg

20160412_092614.jpg

Back
Top Bottom