Matanuska Valley's Grow Journal

Which Seed Would You Like To See A Grow Journal For?

• Skunk #1 - Possibly Female

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • White Widow - Female

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Skunk Special - Female

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Grapefruit - Female

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Smokey & blacturboteg420
Thank you both I have alot of fun getting these pics and you can bet a get a little buzz why doing it....
Someone said something about milk shots with my bongs I think it was
Jimmy-pie well NP bro but I have been sick for about 2 weeks now it's when I went swimming for my bro boat...
I can't spell but it's pneumonia whatever fucker is kicking my ass thats what it is... So when I try to smoke ooooo fuck it aint good so when I start feeling better count on some milk shot OK :biggrin: :grinjoint:

MV... :smokin:

Alright, you experts! I've got a question...

My buddy has some plants that were under some poor lighting for a while. As a result they're very tall and skinny, without very many leaves. They can still support themselves, but have a slight lean. I know that as they get taller, they won't support themselves.

So now they've got decent light and we need to rectify the problem... can it be solved? Is there a way to "fatten" up the stalks and make the foliage a little thicker?

I know you guys can help, since you know everything about growing ;)

Take a small stick and poke it down in the dirt and tie the stem to it not tight tho and put alot of light to it PINCH the top and make it push out now when it start to grow give it some plant food and you will be ok.... :biggrin:
PS:
If you can put a fan in the room and let it rock the plant a little not right on it tho a little..... :hmmmm:

Alrighty. See, I'm very big into horticulture (not weed) and I've used support sticks for some of my plants as well. I just didn't know if that would work for a weed plant, since it's going to get VERY heavy after it flowers.

What do you mean by "pinch" the top though? My buddy thought that trimming the top of the plant, and then putting the light close to it would force the plant to grow outwards rather then upwards. Is that what you mean?

Good idea on the fan though! That'd stimulate "wind" in the wild and would of course make it stronger :biggrin: I'm ashamed I never thought of that because I had the same problem when I moved my Bell Pepper plants outside :icon_roll

SeXy VeXy said:
What do you mean by "pinch" the top though? My buddy thought that trimming the top of the plant, and then putting the light close to it would force the plant to grow outwards rather then upwards. Is that what you mean?
SeXy VeXy said:
Alrighty. See, I'm very big into horticulture (not weed)

Cannabis not weed.... :biggrin: :smokin:

Take and pinch the top off it...., will it grow out yes it will but only 4 a little while and then it will start to grow upwords with the new branches will it get as tall as it would of been no it wont but I bet hands down it will pull more weight and that what you want aint it... :hmmmm:
You said ((( they're very tall and skinny, without very many leaves. )))
Pinching the top will fix it, after pinching wait about 2 weeks and you will see more new growth and then give it plant food.... :biggrin: :grinjoint:

PS:
Don't put the light to close tho.... :hmmmm:
MV...

Hahaha, yeah. I've always loved growing plants. I've got a "grow tank" full of various herbs (basil. oregano. parsley, etc) as well as some veggies and plenty of flowers growing in various place around my apartment. I always figure that what goes for them, would also work for weed plants.

I'll pass the info on, thanks a bunch MV :biggrin: (and don't worry... I've already given him the lecture about the distance the lights are from the plant :) )

Here are my new seeds and they go

SMS - Amethyst Bud
SMS - Lavender - Soma 10
SMS - Rock Bud - Soma A+
SMS - Somango
SMS -N.Y.C Diesel
FMS-Cinnamon (fem)
FMS-Northern Light (fem)
SAG - Mantanuska Mint
South African Durban x Skunk#1
Golden Skush
FS-CM- Cinnanmon

We will have a new poll to see what you Guys/Gals want to see Grown out of the list above

000_11061.JPG

sumoschro said:
Thats quite the selection.... :grinjoint:

Thank you sumoschro :biggrin:

That is over $1000.00 selection and if I dont get enough votes on the seeds I wont do 1 here fuck it.....! :hmmmm:
This site is for Cannabis not bullshit Threads that are about non-smoking and keeping your smoking in check... :jerkit:
You can bet your ass my smoking is in check..... :laughtwo:

ill vote mv i love your pics and u give alot of info i hope you stay lol.. dont leave us... i think the thread bull shit will be fine just have the mods kick that trouble makes off ever one eles is here for fun or learning something peace and good luck cant wait to see more pics

This sort of refers to the response you gave Vexy about setting up a fan to help strengthen the stem. Something occurred to me about my little girl.

I live in an extremely windy area but the weather has been gorgeous hot, so I've been watering her and leaving her out in the sun (she is outdoor but in a planter so I can protect her from my cat and the deer). Her stem is decently supportive but I just began to wonder, will the energy it takes to combat this windiness take from her growth and be wasted in continuing to thicken her stem? If this is the case, I would create a wind barrier.

I only ask because I was away for a few days and left her outside where she was relatively protected from the wind but also had minimal direct sunlight; she seemed to have a better growth spurt than recently. Of course, I also hadn't looked at her for a few days so maybe it was normal growth and I'm just not noticing because I watch her so closely right now.

G'day MV and thanks

You haft to make sure you have it in a big enough pot to let it get the growth you want and wind does help the stem, it will crack it and you can only see it with a magnifing glass but it will repair itself day after day and thats how it gets bigger...
The root growth, don't get me wrong will make it taller but by cracking with wind makes the stem fatter because it has to repair itself makes sents to you...
Sorry can't spell...
Damn I was getting in to being mad and you put my fire out Oceangirl shit....

G'day OG and thanks

MV...

This poll is going to be a hard one I already checked out SMS - Lavender - Soma 10,SMS - Rock Bud - Soma A+, SMS - Somango, SMS -N.Y.C Diesel, it is hard enough between these I'm going to look up the rest so if you decide to do the poll its going to be a hell of a selection. Peace :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom