MegeBudz - Lemon Haze & Miscellaneous - Fluro to LED - Cutting Edge Solution Nutes

Re: MegeBudz - Lemon Haze and Miscellaneous - Fluro to LED - Cutting Edge Solution Nu

all of em cut down this morning. ill start from seeds my next grow and start an actually grow journal instead of barging in on megebudz great grow. Apologies

Re: MegeBudz - Lemon Haze and Miscellaneous - Fluro to LED - Cutting Edge Solution Nu

Been super busy as of late at work and at home so was not able to post any updates. Changed out the nutes this past weekend and stuck with the same proportions of Cutting Edge Solutions Grow, Micro, Bloom and MAG AMPED; but this time I also added Plant Amped and Uncle John's Blend (both from CES as well). They were not kidding on the instructions about the Plant Amped causing a very acidic solution.. it came in with a pH around 3.0!! But after a couple of days, the plants took up the nutrients and the solution leveled out and is sitting at about 5.9.

CameraZOOM-20140708203900911.jpg

Topped them all a few nights ago and decided to try and root the tops since I had no luck the last time cloning. Decided to do it differently though this time. I took a 2 gallon aquarium and filled it with a gallon and a half of rain water, 1.5 T of Xtreme Gardening Azos, and 3ml of Cutting Edge Solutions Grow. Adjusted the pH to 6.0, then added a small bubbler and covered it with cling wrap. Poked three holes in the top and as I topped the plants I stuck them down through the holes after trimming them a bit. I thought for sure the holes being small enough that it would hold them upright but they were flopping all over so I fashioned some cardboard collars for them to keep them up right. Turned on one of the overhead CFLs and they have been doing great so far.. no wilting what so ever and it appears as though I can already see roots starting.

CameraZOOM-20140708203953048.jpg

-M

Awesome. Great job on cloning. My friend has 9th gen clones still going strong. A good way to save money.

I know that in my last post I said I had been busy... but obviously I did not know what busy was because everything became crazy busy from then on out. Between my day job and my at home business I had hardly enough time to breathe... HOWEVER... still managed to keep up with the second grow. Just shy of four weeks into bloom and things are looking great. Stayed with the Cutting Edge Solutions nutes and started using the Plant Amped more so once I got closer to bloom.

20140825_195248.jpg

20140825_195255.jpg

20140825_195303.jpg

20140825_195309.jpg

20140825_195344.jpg

20140825_195352.jpg

-M

Some updated pics.... Changed out the nutes in both grows over the weekend.

Pics of the Lemon Haze buds:

20140901_200912.jpg

20140901_201006.jpg

20140901_201039.jpg

20140901_201047.jpg

20140901_201059.jpg

20140901_201141.jpg

My only two surviving clones of the three I had started. Upper left splayed out all over like a BDSM subject is the one unknown and the lower right is the Lemon Haze that I managed to salvage and is just now starting to pop.

20140901_201619.jpg

Been REALLY bad about keeping this one updated :(

But... this past weekend we harvested. The single Lemon Haze you see in all the pictures dominated the grow area and actually drowned out the two misc that were caught underneath the LH canopy... no amount of movement in the ebb and flow system could gain them enough light. Just as well though since we got MORE than enough LH to last my wife for quite some time.

From seedling to harvest was 120 days and I stayed with Cutting Edge Solutions the entire time which consisted of their Grow, Bloom, Micro, MAG Amped and Plant Amped nutes.

We trimmed on Sunday for 4 hours pretty much non stop and were amazed at the sizes and density of the buds... not bad for my second grow ever ;-)

Here are two pics prior to starting the harvest.. as you can see I had to do quite a bit of tying to keep the buds upright in such a tight area. I think that they got a little leggy towards the end so the stems had some issues keeping the buds aloft. Although some of the pics make it look like they may not have been completely ready to be harvested... the pocket scope said otherwise with probably 90%+ of the trichomes being milky white with just a few that were going a little darker.

20141005_115342.jpg

20141005_115428.jpg

Some of the largest buds laid out on our trimming surface (along with the wife's vape for size comparison).

20141005_152128.jpg
20141005_154650.jpg

Since vapes are not a standard size.. I suggested using my empty Monster can:

20141005_154831.jpg
20141005_154801.jpg

All tucked away in the drying box:

20141005_161647.jpg

Once we are dried I will weigh it out to figure out yield... looks to be at least 3-4 times the amount I got from my first three plants combined.

- M

Forgot to add that the wife thinks this should last her well into the end of our next grow (which is already underway)... which was what we were aiming for all along. As it was, she did end up having to buy to hold her over for a month while waiting for this one to complete.

Brought it out of the box tonight for final trimming and set aside for curing and preliminary yield allowing a bit more for moisture is about 125 grams give or take. I think that it is a good thing that I have a clone of this plant set aside to then cut more clones off of it.. well given that my wife actually likes it.. at this point I think she better! ;-)

-M

Re: MegeBudz - Lemon Haze & Miscellaneous - Fluro to LED - Cutting Edge Solution Nute

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom