Methods of Use - Canna Espresso

Experiement #2: I decided to try @MaddHacker use of dry cured bud in my espresso. I filled my portafilter about a third of the way with espresso grind coffee that I normally use and added 2grams of the bud. Then added enough to finish filling the filter and tamped down to the desired level. I ran 2oz of pressured steam through.

I enjoy a great tasting Caffe con Leche with no canna taste even as an after taste. Unfortunately I don't feel I achieved a buzz from it at all. If there was one it was so low grade that it didn't register.

Next test will be to repeat my original test but with a smaller amount of ABV. I'm considering 3grams for a 2oz espresso pull. My intent is to confirm a high and determine the quality of high.

I feel at the moment I want to work with making what I'm calling CannaTea in a quantity that can be shared between more than one coffee. Perhaps make about 5-10 oz of CannaTea and add about 2oz's to the coffee each time I use it.

Heya B, sorry about the poor results you got.. We were only looking for a euphoric, and slightly energetic type buzz... It is possible we got the energetics from the coffee, however I would think that it probably takes a fairly powerful strain to achieve the high you get from smoking.. .I have never gotten that high off edibles... We are using a mix of Blissful Wizard, which was recently harvested, and Strawberry Haze currently... Just getting ready to enjoy one here in half hour or so for 420... I am off today, so we are using a Wally World Espresso machine we got yesterday for like 40 bucks.. Will let you know what happens later after dinner... I am in the same opinion as you, in that I really dont think that just steaming it is gonna get the Canna Tai Chi result... I just am not a big tea fan, and I am not in contact at the moment with the friend that makes it so good... Experiment must go on LOL Got a SHIT TON of weed to try out in it.... . As a PS, you didn't get any taste of the cannabis you were using in it at all ??? Is you weed old??? Maybe fresh is better ??? I am trying that today... Green day B and to all

As a PS, you didn't get any taste of the cannabis you were using in it at all ??? Is you weed old??? Maybe fresh is better ??? I am trying that today... Green day B and to all

Didn't have any taste however it was in a very strong Latte with some steamed milk and sugar. It was very fresh ground and perhaps within a couple months of a good solid cure. Might have been the quantity.

I will say the last experiment with the ABV was a knock me on my ass level high. Needed to lay down strong. That's why I'm going to go back to working with ABV which has been decarb'd so to speak. My first effort was to drink the 2oz straight with a little sugar. My next effort will be to draw 2oz from 2grams and add/mix with a regular 3shot latte that has the steamed milk and sugar. I'm sure it will be much more pleasant.

I am also planning to do a decarb of fresh flower in the Instant Pot and try it in comparison to the ABV.

Thanks for checking in and Green Days to you and all

I dont vape, but not sure how that would change the potency enough to put me to bed. LMAO... I drank a good dark shot of espresso, with a sugar cube .... I feel pretty damn happy, and energy starting to kick in... I think that a person's buzz expectation would dictate how much, what kind, and the method of addition to the coffee in press... I did try the decarb version of 4 grams yesterday, Did not have much affect on me... Dont give up guys, I absolutely love espresso shots all day long... Intriguing ideas in here.... I am also gonna try making cold brew espresso, so the bud can steep longer... That however involves a french press pot... I am thinking something like that is gonna get the effects by pressing all the juices out, not the crazy hot water/steam of espresso machine... Gonna try that this evening at the community sesh.. Good times there, and why not have alot more stoney minds on it... LOL... Green one all

ABC :rofl:

only the ABV which I consider to be in some sort of stage of decarb. I have actually take to only using my ground flower in my Arizer one cycle as I intend to use it in my CannaEspresso, hoping the will still be a higher amount of good stuff in it. Additionally, only hitting the Arizer for 4-6 hits insures a fresher taste of the actual bud. So kind of like a recycle idea. Once through the Vape and then a second time through the Espresso machine.

I do exactly this now with my Arizer as well :thumb: and have been saving the ABV for use in pain oil. I only vape at level 4 so there is still plenty THC left in there. I’m pretty sure the AVB is well decarb’d - obviously it works for you - hope the next experiment is a but more... manageable :D
I feel at the moment I want to work with making what I'm calling CannaTea in a quantity that can be shared between more than one coffee. Perhaps make about 5-10 oz of CannaTea and add about 2oz's to the coffee each time I use it.
That’s a good idea.. :idea:

I’m not going to get a chance to try this until the weekend so will keep learning for all your experiences until then...
:Namaste:

I just made my first cannabrew using ABV. I took pics... I’m copying this across from my journal and not sure if it will work (coz the pics were attachments... we’ll see)

I don’t drink coffee (sadly) atm but I have a daily chickory-cacao drink that is my coffee ‘substitute’ so I’ve made it with that.

I took half a gram of already vaped bud (which auto talk to text rendered as “fat butt” :D )

F1E3B38D-E1C5-4B8C-A719-54B9E19C77CA.jpeg

Used my little one shot Italian stovetop coffee maker
CD74A568-1614-4695-AC7A-6FFA79FC68E6.jpeg

Some ground chickory (dandelion) root on the bottom..

D72243B2-4CF4-4D45-9283-BD3EACFFEB7A.jpeg

The AVB on top of that (half a gram turned out to be about a teaspoon)

719C31A4-3FED-42A6-8C0D-35814C2FBABC.jpeg

I actually topped this off with a little more chickory root. Then on very low heat to brew slowly...
50A610EC-B1C6-40AE-9436-1B9538A0533A.jpeg

Into my glass I put one small teaspoon of raw cacao powder (it’s a tiny teaspoon).
94CF57AC-1FDF-4238-A5EF-FFD433EEE7F1.jpeg

Here comes the brew!
5FB1F49F-CF6F-4F19-BF87-A00B0696876B.jpeg

I mixed a little boiling water and the stovetop brew into the glass with the cacao powder to make a nice syrupy mix...
B0B4933F-F6F1-4ADC-BFB8-E0B823B348C9.jpeg

And topped it off with some hot milk (Soy in my case) and some more boiling water
6A521D2C-E2B1-47EA-9BB0-3A128AE22B3B.jpeg

It smells a bit like the nuttiness of the AVB and I’m sure I’m not imaging the very sight green tinge...

854C7366-6ECE-43B0-A1B1-2FDEE8F5E609.jpeg

It’s pretty delish - but it ususally is when I make it without the AVB. I actually made this a bit strong in the chickory department because it’s a different coffee maker to usual, and I forgot.

Anyway, I’ve drunk it all now ... been at least 20, maybe 30 mins and I certainly feel something :hmmmm: ... and I’m happy ... smiling ... with a little tingling around my lips and face that I’m hoping is not some kind of allergic response to something (I have those seemingly randomly in recent years and we haven’t worked out definite triggers yet except alcohol - imagine if I became cannabis allergic :eek:) Ok that’s not happening Amy! :rofl: Certainly got something going on ... I wonder what kind of day this will be now (coming up on midday Friday here).

I think I can say it works ... it’s not as tasty as when I put my Afghani x Critical Mass oil into the same beverage though... that’s delish! But it is an interesting use for AVB.

I’ve come back a couple of hours later to update... I’m in a really really good mood. I have almost 0 pain.

:Namaste:

First off thank you for the pics Ames, now I get what ABV looks like.. I realized the other day I dont even know anyone who vapes cannabis at least.. So it is kinda like roach weed without being roached like when wrapped in papers... Hmmmm I guess I am gonna check into vapes now LOL...
... Ok that being said, my little coffee group and I are now set on making the perfect additives for our cannacoffee... I personally like hazelnut cream ( real cream ) in my espressos and my girl friend likes the cocoa... A friend of ours from Switzerland told us that we should try their version of cocoa ( Hot Chocolate but made with Dark Chocolate) and cannabis... They make the infusion oil, he uses Almond oil, and then marinates his ground beans in that for like a week... He says that it totally soaks into ground beans when stirred several times in the marination time.... I hope it works the same for Coffee beans as it does the cocoa beans... We are in day three, and we followed a recipe that I got from Here, HELL YEAH, love this joint... Eh hmmmm anyway looks like it is almost soaked up, cant wait... Sunday we are hoping to have a brunch at the job with a few of our buddies and discuss harvest times... Should be a good time to try as we will have at least 5 others there.... LOL Guinea Pigs .... Oh yeah, we went with 3 ounces of salad mix ( Strawberry Haze, B. Wizard, and Purple Kush), decarbed for infused oil.... We tried EVOO from Italian local store, and it came out super Green.... We will post some pics of the group try on Sunday, and my fingers are crossed for success... Green Weekend to all

First off thank you for the pics Ames, now I get what ABV looks like.. I realized the other day I dont even know anyone who vapes cannabis at least.. So it is kinda like roach weed without being roached like when wrapped in papers... Hmmmm I guess I am gonna check into vapes now LOL...
... Ok that being said, my little coffee group and I are now set on making the perfect additives for our cannacoffee... I personally like hazelnut cream ( real cream ) in my espressos and my girl friend likes the cocoa... A friend of ours from Switzerland told us that we should try their version of cocoa ( Hot Chocolate but made with Dark Chocolate) and cannabis... They make the infusion oil, he uses Almond oil, and then marinates his ground beans in that for like a week... He says that it totally soaks into ground beans when stirred several times in the marination time.... I hope it works the same for Coffee beans as it does the cocoa beans... We are in day three, and we followed a recipe that I got from Here, HELL YEAH, love this joint... Eh hmmmm anyway looks like it is almost soaked up, cant wait... Sunday we are hoping to have a brunch at the job with a few of our buddies and discuss harvest times... Should be a good time to try as we will have at least 5 others there.... LOL Guinea Pigs .... Oh yeah, we went with 3 ounces of salad mix ( Strawberry Haze, B. Wizard, and Purple Kush), decarbed for infused oil.... We tried EVOO from Italian local store, and it came out super Green.... We will post some pics of the group try on Sunday, and my fingers are crossed for success... Green Weekend to all
Lol with all the trimming you do at your job it’s going to be a challenge to get those fingers uncrossed.

I’m running a little too low on sativa herbs to try to infuse the condensed milk myself yet, but from a bit research it seems like it could be a great way to make infused coffee drinks. I found a site that has dozens of creamer recipes that all start with a condensed milk base. I can’t wait to try it.
:passitleft:

Lol with all the trimming you do at your job it’s going to be a challenge to get those fingers uncrossed.

Isn't that the truth. :rofl::rofl: I am on my last " Vacation " till probably the holiday season.... Off till Sept., Tuesday after Labor day... Wooop... Anyway the BIL had a water disaster, but he saved the clones.. We fixed flood issues in the pipes, just put all new in... Now he has gotta wait a week before putting Clones back down there... Gonna finish it out down stairs so he has all three rooms 100%..

I found a site that has dozens of creamer recipes that all start with a condensed milk base. I can’t wait to try it.

... Would love that link bro.... Trying to experiment with Sweet Cream ( whipped ) for topping Cannaspressos LOL

Experiment #3. I went back to my first effort and changed the amount of the pull. I used 5.2 grams of ABV tamped down in the single portafilter basket.

I did two 2.5oz pulls back to back for a total of 5oz of CannaEspresso Tea.

I saved aside all but about 1.5 oz's in the frig for another couple of drinks and only added this to my morning Latte.

It's been about 30mins since finishing the latte and the results are a very nice high beginning. Feeling a cool wet ring around each eye and a buzz coming on. Excellent

I'm hearing that some folks are also experimenting with making cold brew cannacoffee. I'm liking this technique in the moment for it's speed of extraction.

Just a followup note a few hours later before I can't edit: The results of this second test in my opinion where excellent. To too overwhelming in strength means that I can increase the quantity if I choose. It was a mild and comfortable high that was enjoyed.

Back
Top Bottom