Mites with only a couple weeks of flowering left! Help!

And spoonfed
420-magazine-mobile373170719.jpg

Those are Chrysanthemum in the picture pyrethrin is an extract of that flower which isn't lethal to us but kills mites and thrips, spiders, flys, mosquitos, gnats, and the list goes on.

These are the ingredients of what you were sold
Screenshot_2017-07-31-07-13-31.png

I think we have a misunderstanding as the product op bought had these quoted ingredients one of which is neem oil.

I'm under the impression that you are the local hydro guy he asked and sold him the spray containing the neem oil .
If your not then I sincerely apologize man.
If you are then you should lose your job.

No worries Pwrestler I'm no expert but I do like to research, so it's hard to trip me up. Neem is definitely a horrible flavor to have on any bud and it seems to last about a month so i never use it after the first pistils pop out in flower.

Are the mites/thrips under control yet ? Sorry PlantWrestler and I just want what's best for you, lol, we actually get along fine, and run in the same circles.

Yes they seem to be under control at the moment... I went away to work all week and came back home this weekend to a couple very nicely developing plants. Busy weekend as well, we are gone away camping and letting the girls do their thing... thanks for advice and info
420-magazine-mobile884403191.jpg

For mites, and pretty much MOST other critters:

Always insecticidal soap ("potasssium soap") with some neem oil mixed in. This is DOUBLE effective since the soap kills on contact and the neem keeps 'em away.

Agree, Neem is nasty and you definitely don't want to spray on buds in flower, 2 wks before harvesting I would *carefully* only spray with insecticidal soap and then, if you only have a handful of plants, with a hand-sprayer and spray leaves only and avoid buds.
Although I don't THINK that insecticidal soap on buds would be THAT bad, but I'd still avoid.

Alternatively, since it's already so close to flower, simply spraying them with water could work as an emergency workaround.

Back
Top Bottom