Miztasee's 2nd Grow Positronics Blue Rhino

miztasee

hi all, this is my second grow but first log on here, ill give a brief summary of my last grow, last time i did a nirvana blue mystic auto completed in 13 weeks seed to finish and with a yield of 2.8oz dry under 200w cfl and switched to 400w hps for last 2 week.

right lets start with my current set up and nute line up.

ENVIRONMENT:

80x80x160 grow tent (generic)
600w/400w lumii digita ballast with overdrive "boost" feature
400w sylvania grolux bulb (dual spectrum)
lumii heavy duty timer (they say digital ballasts dont require a contactor timer but im a man that likes to sleep at night)
4" (100mm) genuine phat filter (no rhino pro bollocks here)
4" wk centrifugal fan (290 m/3 hr) and passive tent intakes

GROWING MEDIA:

3 gallon pot
westland multipurpose compost with added john innes (i had great results with this for my first grow) adding perlite this time.
tesco mineral water at ph 6.3

NUTES:

dutch pro grow a+b
dutch pro bloom a+b
plant magic plus bloom booster
plant magic plus magne-cal
fox farms big bloom
fox farms tiger bloom
vitalink flush

SEED:
positronics blue rhino free from attitude
back up seed: greenhouse seed co cheese

so far ive just started germing using the paper towel method but ill be updating twice a week at least thanks for reading and wish me luck

ps i am aiming for 8oz dry with this grow

**quick update** positronics blue rhino has germed in 48 hours, transfered to rockwool cube, will post pics of my set up and the girl once she has broken the surface. going to let this one run longer for a "couch-lock" high rather than a head high

As far as i understand theres a few factors that determine high, indica/sativa genetics and the trichome stage i cut the blue mystic at 50/50 clear milky was a strange long lasting head high with a hash taste... im going let the blue rhino run till 70/30 milky amber. I only smoke at night so couchlock is the one for me.

yeah its so hard amber is degrading thc, but thc continues to be produced and mature even after the chop, you will never get a 100% milky ratio ..... i am only saying it as i understand my logic in letting some amber come is the majority of trichs will be milky and milky is thc at its peak, im new to this like yourself im on my second official grow started in a wardrobe with a 105w cfl with pc fans for extraction now im using a tent with 400w hps with proper extraction and filtration (i stunk my whole house out when my last plant started flowering), ive making some hash out of my old trim and popcorn bud and that stinks 10x what my harvest did, im hoping it drys today because my blue rhino will be going in my tent tomorrow

quick update pics are coming soon i promise, been fighting with the heat (30c plus) after adding a intake fan and clip on tent fan im down to 25-27c which is good enough for me.... now i appear to be issue free im going to concentrate on the girl and get some pics uploaded later today tomorrow.

20130503_141223.jpg

20130503_141256.jpg
20130503_141223.jpg
20130503_141215.jpg
20130503_141201.jpg
20130427_145557.jpg
20130427_145532.jpg
20130427_145526.jpg

here goes it really confused me getting pics on but hope i know now, just in a nutshell theres my set up and my baby girl shes growing abit slow but growing well maybe temps didnt help and been under hps from the day she broke surface but ill see how it goes got my back up seeds just in case this one doesnt go well .... it should but you never know

the pics are in no particular order.... i say im aiming for 8oz but in realistic terms i would be happy with 5oz .... planning on veg for 3 weeks then flipping it to 12/12 me and my mate have 2 cheese plants we vegged for 6 weeks and now the plants are taking over the other tent and my personal tent is smaller so i dont want to run out of space

just food for thought here but 600 watts of hps even 400 is an awful lot for a seedling it will work and you have a damn nice setup but they say hps promotes stretching something to do with the red end of the light spectrum and it looks like you have a little stretching I Use CFL's for veg just a preference another option in to get the MH bulb if your ballast is compatible with MH and HPS But I would for sure have it turned down as low as possible at least until it starts its rapid growth cycle

yeah i know what your saying hps is abit over kill i have only got 400w bulb in and its enhanced spectrum with added blue (sylvania grolux) so its effectively dual spectrum and supposed to be able to use for the whole grow well my hydro shop advised me.... so id buy most expensive bulb more like.... ive got loads of cfl bulbs but thought id see how it goes with this bulb more as a experiment to see if the bulb was worth its extra cost. i wont use the 600w setting i dont think until winter. also ive changed soil well used a different soil than i stated i was going to use ive gone with biobizz lightmix so i have more control over her nutes.

263394_10200940379493631_2092237443_n.jpg
429868_10200940379533632_1055262351_n.jpg
969744_10200940379453630_487550527_n.jpg
984210_10200940379413629_20917770_n.jpg

sorrys ive been away after some family issues that keep popping up, but the grow has continued as it should, i had 1 brief moment where the plant went floppy and i thought as well as some others that id over watered so i held back for a couple of days and things got worse so i watered her and she perked back up and gave her water little and often for a couple of days and shes bounced back showing no deficiency's and flipped her onto 12/12 nearly 2 weeks ago, and ive decided to change some of my nute line up, ive scrapped fox farms and plant magic products in favor of advanced nutrients big bud and overdrive, im currently using big bud and will continue for 2 more weeks then go onto overdrive for 2 weeks and hopefully flush

heres the latest ...... she seems to be loving the advanced nutrients big bud mixture, and shes getting real stinky now, second i whip my tent open the smell hits you like been punched in the face takes a few seconds to come round from it, my carbon filter seems to be handling it well though i cant smell anything in the room at all once tent is sealed
383500_10200962853895477_1538209516_n.jpg
947202_10200962853855476_1442674497_n.jpg

haiving slight issues regarding watering, she shows signs of underwatering but soil is damp but if you water her she perks right back up .... so confusing and also she has a couple of light brown marks that look like burns but there on not on top top leafs maybe some deficiency??? im now supplementing with magne cal on half dose to see if it improoves

Back
Top Bottom