MMRC's Continuious Hydro Grow - Church-Lemon Skunk-PPP-OG Kush-GWS & More

Man those are super taste looking and nicely covered w/tris!!!

And +Reps to you for keeping the plant(s) so healthy you can trim all the buds, and 2 feet of top growth and still have allthose healthy leaves to regenerate!

That's really impressive. Personally I have one pheno I can keep that healthy, the other two - I'm happy if they're alive when I chop them!

:bravo::nicethread:

Thanks. Yeah, this strain is awesome. We're very excited about it.
MMRC- I think I read in the first few pages of your journal that you are using GH nutes? And I believe that you are running Ebb n Flo buckets? Are you using Rock Wool And Hydroton as your Medium? How often do you flood? How many buckets per 50gal rez? Have you made any adjustments to the sytem??What nutes are you running? How often do you flush or do a rez change? Ect Ect?
Iam wondering because I am getting ready to try my Ebb n Flo bucket systems again,Last time/first time I tried them my rez was getting to warm and i was getting funky build up in the bottom of the pots/ root rot and plants were just dying left and right 3 weeks in we lost the entire crop... It was a Bit*# and cost a lot of money in nutes and power....But temps are down now and I will be able to maintain some rezervoirs ..
Any help/info would be great.. Thanks

I just got through harvesting my White Widow. Didnt take any pictures because I ran out of gloves and had to do it bare back. So I didnt want to f*ck up my camera with resin. I'll post the pics once there done drying.

I just smoked the scissor hash from it and Im pretty high. Its a clear high, but it kinda makes you zone out a little. For example... I've entered Lala Land about 3 times since I've been writing this. Then once I realize Im drifting off, I catch myself and pick up where I left off. Its all in the head too. No body at all. I actually feel like I can go run a marathon right about now. Almost jittery. I dont want to sit still. Good stuff. Definitely a day time smoke.

Man those are super taste looking and nicely covered w/tris!!!

And +Reps to you for keeping the plant(s) so healthy you can trim all the buds, and 2 feet of top growth and still have allthose healthy leaves to regenerate!

That's really impressive. Personally I have one pheno I can keep that healthy, the other two - I'm happy if they're alive when I chop them!

:bravo::nicethread:

Haha.... yeah. Thats actually funny, because I really try hard to stress them out in the last two weeks of flowering, but they still dont die or end up looking too bad. I drop the light cycle, and switch it around a bit, I starve them of water and there's already no nutrients in the water. Actually whatever nutes are in my tap water. Maybe it has something to do with all of the calcium in my tap water or something. I have very hard water. Sh1t almost looks like milk as its coming out of the tap. haha.. Dirty stuff. But thanks again for stopping in and checking out my grow. Its been like a ghost town around here lately.

Here's one more picture of my Super lemon Haze. I just cant stop snapping shots of it. I guess since I cant show you in person... I'll send a damn picture or post it here. This is one amazing strain.

Clipboard0410.jpg

MMRC- I think I read in the first few pages of your journal that you are using GH nutes? And I believe that you are running Ebb n Flo buckets? Are you using Rock Wool And Hydroton as your Medium? How often do you flood? How many buckets per 50gal rez? Have you made any adjustments to the sytem??What nutes are you running? How often do you flush or do a rez change? Ect Ect?
Iam wondering because I am getting ready to try my Ebb n Flo bucket systems again,Last time/first time I tried them my rez was getting to warm and i was getting funky build up in the bottom of the pots/ root rot and plants were just dying left and right 3 weeks in we lost the entire crop... It was a Bit*# and cost a lot of money in nutes and power....But temps are down now and I will be able to maintain some rezervoirs ..

I like questions and I like to type.. Works out perfect with your comment Blacklips. So here it goes......

I think I read in the first few pages of your journal that you are using GH nutes?
I sure am. With some Botanicare CalMag Plus

And I believe that you are running Ebb n Flo buckets?
Yup. DIY Flood and Drain, or Ebb N Flo. Whichever you want to call it.

Are you using Rock Wool And Hydroton as your Medium?
Hydroptron. The only thing I use rockwool for is to root my clones. But only the clones that dont seem to like my aero-cloner.

How often do you flood?
Depends on the size of the plants. I didnt read this anywhere, but I kinda came up with it on my own. Some people say to wait until your entire medium drys before flooding again, but your medium doesnt dry and one solid mass. It dries from the top down. So by the time the very bottom dries, the very top is going to be too dry and possibly kill some roots. So I kinda just do it by the size of the place. The bigger they are the more water their going to drink, obviously. So I usually run my veg every 5 hours and my bigger flowering plants every 3 hours. Then you also have to think about temperature. If your room is hotter than normal, your medium is going to dry out faster. Of if your RH is up real high, it might keep your medium moist for a little longer. So that just when I flood. Im sure everyone has there own tactics on this one.

How many buckets per 50gal rez?
I have 16, 3.5 gal buckets. I think the pre-made Ebb N Flow systems come with 2 gal pots or something like that. I wanted to give my roots a little more space. I saw a few guys almost go root bound with those 2 gal pots. But it only take about 40 gallons to fill up all of those pots, with the nets and rock in.

Have you made any adjustments to the sytem??
I dont think there's a lot that you can do to improve and ebb and flow system. The only thing is maybe accidental siphoning. I've had a couple little spills because when the pump turned off, the water just kept on flowing. And I think I had an extra 15 gallons in the res at the time, so I ended up getting all of that on my floor. The whole time I had the fix to it too. The water pump came with a little attachment that you can put on it, that prevents siphoning. So I just threw that on there and no more issues after that.

Actually one other thing. Maybe 2. I think the 2 gallon buckets might be too small, so I used 3.5 gal. I think it also comes with 1/2" tubing. I think that's a little too small. So I used 3/4" and the water gets through there so much faster and there's less chances of clogging.

What nutes are you running?
General Hydro:
Gro
Micro
Bloom
Floralicious Plus
Blend
KoolBloom
CalMag Plus

.... And I think thats about it. I might be leaving out something. Not sure.

How often do you flush or do a rez change?
Thats the funny thing. Everyone is so adamant about res changes, but I hardly ever change out my res. For every new crop that goes into veg, I start them with a new res. For my flowering plants, I start them off with a fresh res, then about on the 4th or 5th week, I'll do a res change and thats about it. So thats 3 changes. So once per month I would say. I start the res off around 800ppm in Veg, then by the time there ready to be switched over to flowering, the res will be at about 650-700ppm. Then I send them to Flowering with a fresh res set to about 1,200 - 1,400ppm. Then half way through the flowering I change it out and jump the res up to 1,800 - 1,900ppm, then in the second half of flowering the ppm just continues to drop as I add fresh water to it, until the end of flowering and the ppm will be around 250ppm. My tap water is 250ppm.

Let me know if I included the Ect. Ect above. Haha..

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklips View Post
I like questions and I like to type.. Works out perfect with your comment Blacklips. So here it goes......

Quote:
I think I read in the first few pages of your journal that you are using GH nutes?
I sure am. With some Botanicare CalMag Plus

Quote:
And I believe that you are running Ebb n Flo buckets?
Yup. DIY Flood and Drain, or Ebb N Flo. Whichever you want to call it.

Quote:
Are you using Rock Wool And Hydroton as your Medium?
Hydroptron. The only thing I use rockwool for is to root my clones. But only the clones that dont seem to like my aero-cloner.

Quote:
How often do you flood?
Depends on the size of the plants. I didnt read this anywhere, but I kinda came up with it on my own. Some people say to wait until your entire medium drys before flooding again, but your medium doesnt dry and one solid mass. It dries from the top down. So by the time the very bottom dries, the very top is going to be too dry and possibly kill some roots. So I kinda just do it by the size of the place. The bigger they are the more water their going to drink, obviously. So I usually run my veg every 5 hours and my bigger flowering plants every 3 hours. Then you also have to think about temperature. If your room is hotter than normal, your medium is going to dry out faster. Of if your RH is up real high, it might keep your medium moist for a little longer. So that just when I flood. Im sure everyone has there own tactics on this one.

Quote:
How many buckets per 50gal rez?
I have 16, 3.5 gal buckets. I think the pre-made Ebb N Flow systems come with 2 gal pots or something like that. I wanted to give my roots a little more space. I saw a few guys almost go root bound with those 2 gal pots. But it only take about 40 gallons to fill up all of those pots, with the nets and rock in.

Quote:
Have you made any adjustments to the sytem??
I dont think there's a lot that you can do to improve and ebb and flow system. The only thing is maybe accidental siphoning. I've had a couple little spills because when the pump turned off, the water just kept on flowing. And I think I had an extra 15 gallons in the res at the time, so I ended up getting all of that on my floor. The whole time I had the fix to it too. The water pump came with a little attachment that you can put on it, that prevents siphoning. So I just threw that on there and no more issues after that.

Actually one other thing. Maybe 2. I think the 2 gallon buckets might be too small, so I used 3.5 gal. I think it also comes with 1/2" tubing. I think that's a little too small. So I used 3/4" and the water gets through there so much faster and there's less chances of clogging.

Quote:
What nutes are you running?
General Hydro:
Gro
Micro
Bloom
Floralicious Plus
Blend
KoolBloom
CalMag Plus

.... And I think thats about it. I might be leaving out something. Not sure.

Quote:
How often do you flush or do a rez change?
Thats the funny thing. Everyone is so adamant about res changes, but I hardly ever change out my res. For every new crop that goes into veg, I start them with a new res. For my flowering plants, I start them off with a fresh res, then about on the 4th or 5th week, I'll do a res change and thats about it. So thats 3 changes. So once per month I would say. I start the res off around 800ppm in Veg, then by the time there ready to be switched over to flowering, the res will be at about 650-700ppm. Then I send them to Flowering with a fresh res set to about 1,200 - 1,400ppm. Then half way through the flowering I change it out and jump the res up to 1,800 - 1,900ppm, then in the second half of flowering the ppm just continues to drop as I add fresh water to it, until the end of flowering and the ppm will be around 250ppm. My tap water is 250ppm.

Quote:
Ect Ect?
Let me know if I included the Ect. Ect above. Haha..

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks A lot MMRC- thats cool that you dont change your rez out once a week, it just seems like that would be such a waste of nutes..

One more- Does your PH jump around all over the place? I had a buddy who ran ebb n flo for a few runs with success and never checked his PH ...??

Thanks A lot MMRC- thats cool that you dont change your rez out once a week, it just seems like that would be such a waste of nutes..

One more- Does your PH jump around all over the place? I had a buddy who ran ebb n flo for a few runs with success and never checked his PH ...??

Yeah, I just know what works for me. Some people like to change theirs out every week, every 2 weeks and then there's the growers like me how only do it once per month. I let one res go for 2 months, just to see how long it would take before I started seeing deficiencies in the plants. I added nute water to the res every other time I had to top it off and they went a good 2 months before I really started seeing anything bad. And that was just a little light green starting to show on a few leaves.

As far as PH jumping around goes, my PH seems to jump around a tiny bit when I use nothing but RO water. But when I mix about 1/3rd of my res with tap water, that tap water seems to help it stay more stable. Im not sure whats in my tap water. Tried looking it up and couldnt find anything, and I really dont want to call. So Im assuming there is some pretty strong PH buffer in my tap water. It takes 10 times the amount of PH down to drop my tap water, then it does the same ppm of my RO water.

Usually after a res change my PH will drop for the first week. So everyday I'll be adding PH Up. I think GH puts some kind of PH buffer in their nutes. Peoples tap water is usually above 7 ph. So they probably do that to help get the water to the ideal ph range and as the nute's and ph buffers dissolve over that first week, it makes the PH drop. There's no other explanation that I can come up with for the drop that it does. Then after that my PH usually stay's pretty stable, with just a slight rise. Requiring me to maybe add a small amount of PH down, once every 2 days or so.

Yeah, I just know what works for me. Some people like to change theirs out every week, every 2 weeks and then there's the growers like me how only do it once per month. I let one res go for 2 months, just to see how long it would take before I started seeing deficiencies in the plants. I added nute water to the res every other time I had to top it off and they went a good 2 months before I really started seeing anything bad. And that was just a little light green starting to show on a few leaves.

As far as PH jumping around goes, my PH seems to jump around a tiny bit when I use nothing but RO water. But when I mix about 1/3rd of my res with tap water, that tap water seems to help it stay more stable. Im not sure whats in my tap water. Tried looking it up and couldnt find anything, and I really dont want to call. So Im assuming there is some pretty strong PH buffer in my tap water. It takes 10 times the amount of PH down to drop my tap water, then it does the same ppm of my RO water.

Usually after a res change my PH will drop for the first week. So everyday I'll be adding PH Up. I think GH puts some kind of PH buffer in their nutes. Peoples tap water is usually above 7 ph. So they probably do that to help get the water to the ideal ph range and as the nute's and ph buffers dissolve over that first week, it makes the PH drop. There's no other explanation that I can come up with for the drop that it does. Then after that my PH usually stay's pretty stable, with just a slight rise. Requiring me to maybe add a small amount of PH down, once every 2 days or so.

Ok Ok thanks..... PH up And PH down in the same rez huh?

Ok Ok thanks..... PH up And PH down in the same rez huh?

Yup. Thats what there for. All it is, is the acidity level of your water. If its too acidic, then you add a base. If its not acidic enough then you add acid. You need to keep the range in check, other wise the nutes wont be available to be used by the roots. Unless your running Advance Nutes. They came out with something that is supposed to make it to where you never have to fight with PH again. I dont know how well it works, but its something that I plant to look into in the near future.

I totally agree with everything you've said in your description except one tiny thing...

You said the hotter it gets, the quicker the water evaporates. I do believe water evaporation goes along with humidity level. The more humid, the less the water will evaporate into the already water-saturated air. I find it necessary to water my plants more often in the dead middle of winter, when the air outside is a scary 15 degrees and the humidity in my flowering room is an astonishing 20%. I find the THC forms much better under such conditions though...

I totally agree with everything you've said in your description except one tiny thing...

You said the hotter it gets, the quicker the water evaporates. I do believe water evaporation goes along with humidity level. The more humid, the less the water will evaporate into the already water-saturated air. I find it necessary to water my plants more often in the dead middle of winter, when the air outside is a scary 15 degrees and the humidity in my flowering room is an astonishing 20%. I find the THC forms much better under such conditions though...

Well there's really no arguing that heat increases water evaporation. For instance... put a pot of water on the stove. If you leave it there for hours with no flame lit under it.... its going to be at about the same exact level several hours later at. Now you light that flame under it and you can even leave it as low as possible, and you come back a few hours later and the water is going to be MUCH lower in the pot, due to evaporation.

This has almost nothing to do with the RH of the room, but the temperature of the water. That's why when its 15 degrees outside where you live, the RH is so low. Lower Temps will bring lower RH. Higher Temps, Higher RH.

As far as you watering more in winter..... Im not sure why that it. My outside plants are the opposite. When it was over 100 here like the other week that just went by, I was out there watering twice per day to keep my plants from getting droopy, due to lack of water. Once it cools off, I can get away with watering once per day or once every other day.

But water evaporation is mainly impacted by temperature. I keep the RH VERY high in my Veg room. You walk in for about 5 minutes, then walk out all sticky feeling. Im sure the RH has some impact on evaporation, but very little.

Tonight I harvested my Pheno #1 of Super Lemon Haze. You'd never guess these were the same strain, and my Pheno #3.

Anyway.. had some LA Woman tonight. Pretty good stuff. It started off as a nice head high about 20 minutes ago but is fast turning into a couch lock body high. I cant wait till Im done posting these pictures so I can hurry up and go lay down.

Enjoy.... Super Lemon Haze #1

I harvested 2 of them tonight. Here are the main colas.
DSC_03911.jpg

Here's the whole yield.
DSC_03931.jpg

Here's a couple bud shots... Completely different from pheno 3.
DSC_04001.jpg

DSC_03923.jpg

Clipboard0411.jpg

Clipboard057.jpg

Clipboard0214.jpg

Clipboard0312.jpg

And here's a side bud of my Great White Shark. She's being harvest tomorrow night.
Clipboard0121.jpg

ahhh theres nothing like a fist-sized cola is there? I smile everytime I begin to trim the top of the plant... just so marvelous! Looking good man. I've been doing some seed bank research... as much as I'd love to get some SLH, I think I'm going to go with the higher rated site (as far as people have said) and go with nirvana. The aurora sounds sweet, and the hybrid AK-48 sounds like its a high producer with the same type of 'shot in the head' buzz as AK-47... PLUS no crazy flower period. Now just time to save money. I finally broke down and bought a cloner. Cloning plants throughout the winter was quite easy, but its been a hot, muggy bitch up over here and the bugs are crazy. Some freaking white flys made it into the room.... no big deal to the large plants, they really don't do anything. But the little bastards like to lay eggs in my soil median that I use for clones, and the larvae really enjoy eating the roots. I thought about rockwool, but just said the hell with it and ordered a cloner. A nice little 8 slot cloner by Botanicare. Look forward to seeing more pics my friend!

ahhh theres nothing like a fist-sized cola is there? I smile everytime I begin to trim the top of the plant... just so marvelous! Looking good man. I've been doing some seed bank research... as much as I'd love to get some SLH, I think I'm going to go with the higher rated site (as far as people have said) and go with nirvana. The aurora sounds sweet, and the hybrid AK-48 sounds like its a high producer with the same type of 'shot in the head' buzz as AK-47... PLUS no crazy flower period. Now just time to save money. I finally broke down and bought a cloner. Cloning plants throughout the winter was quite easy, but its been a hot, muggy bitch up over here and the bugs are crazy. Some freaking white flys made it into the room.... no big deal to the large plants, they really don't do anything. But the little bastards like to lay eggs in my soil median that I use for clones, and the larvae really enjoy eating the roots. I thought about rockwool, but just said the hell with it and ordered a cloner. A nice little 8 slot cloner by Botanicare. Look forward to seeing more pics my friend!

You know what..?? I think your right about Nirvana. I've been thinking about that for the past few weeks. Everything that I've gotten from Nirvana has been great. Not the best flavor or bag appeal, but definitely the most potent. I got Snow White from them and out of only 1 seed, that one is now a BIG patient favorite. My White Widow is from them too and that's another big favorite because of its potency. My Pure Power Plant too, is a very popular one. I had a hermie PPP from them that was a 2 hitter quitter plant. 2 hits was all it took before you were toast. I had to kill it though so it wouldnt pollinate the rest of my plants. I wish I had space for that one. Even though it had a few seeds in it... it was killer. More potent than any hash that I've smoked.

I'll definitely be buying seeds from them again. I was going to try out their Master Kush, Ice, Bubblishcious and that AK48.

Somehow I have never read your journal....:smokin:

Those sure are some tasty looking buds brother....I thought my Super Lemon Haze was frosty...yours are superb, almost unreal...should be pretty amazing smoke. (I love this strain.)

Sure is a great strain and :bravo: you are also an amazing grower, that didn't just come from the strain alone :goodjob:...all your buds are large and frosty!

:peacetwo: brother from my little garden.

Back
Top Bottom