Mold in my buds? Help

LaidBackinCali

I am ready to harvest within week or so, and I noticed a spot inside the buds on my big cola that has some mold, what is causing this? could it be temps? please help, I cut it out but wanna make sure it doesnt come back.

Re: Mold in my buds?? Help

I am ready to harvest within week or so, and I noticed a spot inside the buds on my big cola that has some mold, what is causing this? could it be temps? please help, I cut it out but wanna make sure it doesnt come back.
I've read that high humidity levels and over watering during late flowering contributes to mold. The plant can't perspire fast enough which leads to mold growing.

:peace:

Harry

Its like a whitish color, and inside bud it turning my bud to brown, I cut out, but believe I will Harvest tonight. temos have been around 85-86 degrees. I think that is why. Thanks for the support!

We tend to react like a good surgeon would in removing all mold when we locate it on out flowers, and then try and determine what? how come I didn't see this before? all that stuff. But high humidty's in a close environment along with thick trichrome packed flowers have tendancy to harbor heat, moistness to create bacterial growths from within. I battle a small frickin worm outside almost after every rain cycle. Outdoors, I use a dipel (TB) application if needed, otherwise I am picking off small worms before they start to eat the plant, poop on it and this creates a severe mold issue eventually. I have found though that with a strain like my current winner " Sweet Tooth" it has been the best at mold resistance and the worms rarely get on them. I am in a high humidity location. Mold is always removed, destroyed and not used for any hash making or anything.

I have a portable a/c unit now that is gettin fixed, I am gonna get my temps down, temps running around 90. But without negative experience, I wouldnt be able to make it a poisitive. So now I will expect the unexpected and be one step ahead. Thanks

We tend to react like a good surgeon would in removing all mold when we locate it on out flowers, and then try and determine what? how come I didn't see this before? all that stuff. But high humidty's in a close environment along with thick trichrome packed flowers have tendancy to harbor heat, moistness to create bacterial growths from within. I battle a small frickin worm outside almost after every rain cycle. Outdoors, I use a dipel (TB) application if needed, otherwise I am picking off small worms before they start to eat the plant, poop on it and this creates a severe mold issue eventually. I have found though that with a strain like my current winner " Sweet Tooth" it has been the best at mold resistance and the worms rarely get on them. I am in a high humidity location. Mold is always removed, destroyed and not used for any hash making or anything.
Ah yes, I too grow in a high humidity environment. A slight shift in the weather and a few cloudy, drizzly days and it's all over but the crying. Better luck next year. The typical years however are pretty much like you said... careful regular inspection, and surgical removal. Then whatever treatments you feel comfortable with. And remember a dead worm is often a source of a bud rot outbreak.

Keeping in mind light and air circulation. Sometimes running big fans to burn off the morning dew faster. Harvest is then a continuous process, starting with the light pretty early flower and ending with whatever dense nugs made it through the season.

"It's all good"

Drugstore hydrogen peroxide thinned to 1 part per 20 in water will kill it. The question is, did it infect everything?

Only you and your scissors can tell.

Back
Top Bottom