I found mold in my bud: Please help!

Sachvie

Hey everyone I think I have bad mold problem, and I'm not sure about it at all! This is my first experience with mold and I'm not sure how it got in the cola like this. It's very fuzzy and white and it's about an 3/4" diameter with a small spot beside it. I posted pics. Temp around 22c and between 55-60 humidity level. Fan is on 24/7 to circulate air. She has been in flower in sept. 2. Any help is appreciated. I am so sad.
PXL_20211101_144502839.jpg
PXL_20211101_144453801.jpg
PXL_20211101_144438290.jpg

Yes that is mold, it looks pretty bad, you will likely lose that cola. I personally would cut it off and make sure it isn't spreading elsewhere. (Also protect your lungs while handling it) As for how it got in the bud, those spores are everywhere, one just happened to land in a bad place that had plenty of moisture available for it to grow. Poor air circulation and/or higher rh can contribute.

I could be completely wrong, maybe it isn't as bad as it looks, but you won't know for sure til you deconstruct that bit. If you try to save it by cleaning it while it is on the plant you also have the risk of spreading even more spores around the plant so be careful.

I may have been a little hasty but I did the deed and cut the cola. I would rather toss that then the whole plant. I can't see my humidity going up at night since I leave my fan on. If anything, it may get a bit cooler..would the warm/cold cycle have an affect?

How can I make sure I never need to do this again?!? I feel like a monster!

PXL_20211101_155537744.jpg

For flowering you probably want to reduce your rh if possible, get it to maybe 50ish - yes that rh will/can rise at night without the warmth of the lights on.

You said you have a fan, but you didn't mention if there is outside air exchange happening? That might help if you can rig it.

Also, you can peek in at your plants even at lights off, just don't do it for very long, and do your best to avoid enough light hitting the leaves directly as to cause photosynthesis - They don't even notice if it is very brief.

Sorry for your loss - I know the feeling /hugs

You can mist with H2O2 at the first sign of mould to keep it in check but you will still need plenty more airflow, and try to avoid recirculating air as much as possible
Would it be wise to spray the plant with a light mixture of h202? I don't see anymore mold on it at the moment. I will try and get better air flow also, turn the fan up a bit.

Would it be wise to spray the plant with a light mixture of h202? I don't see anymore mold on it at the moment. I will try and get better air flow also, turn the fan up a bit.
Not unless you have to since you are still essentially spraying bud with water+O which will need to be dried off once the O has done it's job, which can be tricky

Your still need to know mate what your rooms r/h at lights out.
In most cases the R/H will rise alot when lights go out.
So i would bet good money your in the 70s at lights out if your in the 60s with it on.
If you dont already get a thermometer with a memory.
That way you can check the max it rises at lights out.
When the lights turn back on?
I honestly don't know, I was under the impression that you shouldn't let any light in the tent when it's lights out or she could flip back to veg? Or am I crazy?
Also a quick pop into a tent to check a disply is not going to hurt anything.

Back
Top Bottom