Mono's 600 Watt HPS Soil Grow 2013

youve got so much goin on in there mate, looking mint tho,ive got 14 cuts in total so far gonna go buy another propagator and fill er up with more cuttings off each, plenty of small branches perfect for cloning that wont ever reach the canopy or produce good bud, might ask around see if anybody i know wants to swap some strains, then in a few weeks once there rooted ima take cuttings of the white widow, sensi star ice cream and purple kush, make some collodial silver and create some femmed crosses,

Cheers mate, trying to get enough grown so as not to run out of buds again. Hate having to buy weed haha. Sounds like you got a good plan going there. Make sure you take a few cuts of the monster, want to preserve those genetics as long as you can!

Well, as planned I took some more clones. So this time I have been cloning from a clone :). I took them exactly the same way as last time, cut, place in water, dip in rooting gel, place in medium.

I took 6 cuts in total, three I placed into peat blocks, the other three into canna terra pro plus soil.

I also changed the light cycle in the veg tent to 24/0 to try and improve my chances of rooting them this time. If I get 50% success rate then I will be doing better than the last time :)

got 10 strawberry blue cuts so far, gonna have a good few more tho lol, yea sucks having to buy it,im not bad for bud just now, still smokin some of the 18 oz from last grow haha

got 10 strawberry blue cuts so far, gonna have a good few more tho lol, yea sucks having to buy it,im not bad for bud just now, still smokin some of the 18 oz from last grow haha

NICE! Sure does, never compares to some home grown either haha. No bad mate, I got a bit of train wreck from a trusty friend so not too bad haha

Here is a before and after pics of the donor clone, and her clones :)

SAM_04827.JPG
SAM_046513.JPG
SAM_04669.JPG

As I mentioned about... well, a month ago. It's been that long already? :surf:

Okay, so as I mentioned a month ago, I think I will do a little experiment with defoliation during flowering. I have taken two of the plants in flowering that are growing at as close to the same rate as possible. (I will try again with two clones simultaneously)

One of the plants I have left all of the leaves on, minis some minor trimming. The other I have very heavily defoliated.

Hopefully the end result will be a larger yield on one of the plants. :thumb:

Obviously there are so many variables at play here, but it's a start :)

:peace: Mono

SAM_046712.JPG
SAM_047010.JPG
SAM_04754.JPG
SAM_04777.JPG

Mono, no need for any cut to ever fail, moisture, moisture, moisture. In soil keep the soil super moist.....my cuts in soil get checked around ten times a day, misted every time I check em....they mostly look like hell the whole time, if I use a dome, 1 week in the dome, one week out and they're ready to plant. A dome...at least, an aerocloner at most, but I've done em in the open MANY times. I've only ever had six cuts fail, plastic cups, dry air, cold temps....all six failed. No prob.....hundreds succeed!

Mono, no need for any cut to ever fail, moisture, moisture, moisture. In soil keep the soil super moist.....my cuts in soil get checked around ten times a day, misted every time I check em....they mostly look like hell the whole time, if I use a dome, 1 week in the dome, one week out and they're ready to plant. A dome...at least, an aerocloner at most, but I've done em in the open MANY times. I've only ever had six cuts fail, plastic cups, dry air, cold temps....all six failed. No prob.....hundreds succeed!

Sweet. I've got them in the propagator tray, so will keep an eye on them. Is it best to mist the dome, or the plants? Or both?

Sweet. I've got them in the propagator tray, so will keep an eye on them. Is it best to mist the dome, or the plants? Or both?
Put a hygrometer in the dome.....my dome is runnin at 85-90% right now, if you can get it above like 75% by just spraying the dome, do the dome only, I don't like to burden the foliage with the water drops, you'll get some foliage damage, AND, I always make sure they have a little ventilation goin on, I prop the dome up a little....1/4 inch on one end. I'm gonna take pics of the cuts I have in my cloner today, we'll assess the progress, and next time I look they'll be planted, then straight into 12/12, they show me sex, I cull the male parents.....and bobs my uncle, bees knees...all that good stuff!

Put a hygrometer in the dome.....my dome is runnin at 85-90% right now, if you can get it above like 75% by just spraying the dome, do the dome only, I don't like to burden the foliage with the water drops, you'll get some foliage damage, AND, I always make sure they have a little ventilation goin on, I prop the dome up a little....1/4 inch on one end. I'm gonna take pics of the cuts I have in my cloner today, we'll assess the progress, and next time I look they'll be planted, then straight into 12/12, they show me sex, I cull the male parents.....and bobs my uncle, bees knees...all that good stuff!

Thanks mcloadie. Humidity runs around 80% in the dome by keeping the dome moist. I have 6 little vent holes in the top, might look into propping one side up too though.

I'ma have to spend a good year going through your journal and get up to speed :)

Thanks mcloadie. Humidity runs around 80% in the dome by keeping the dome moist. I have 6 little vent holes in the top, might look into propping one side up too though.

I'ma have to spend a good year going through your journal and get up to speed :)

You could skip my journal, apply the fundamental techniques of promoting plant growth and development, and save yourself alot of reading. Everything I do supports this concept, I can do ANYTHING I want, as long as it dosen't violate these fundamental principles....and it can do nothing but succeed! LOLOLOL HAHAHAHA falalalalalalala....oooooh eeeeee yahhhhh! All this dawned on me in a single moment....wrap your mind around it, tattooo it to your brain....study the fundamentals...........we can't break the laws already in place in this reality and universe an expect success....there is no new thing under the sun......weeeeeeeeeehoooooooooo!, you mean I can grow anything anywhere? Yes sir...as long as you don't break the universal laws put in place during the CREATION!!!!!!!!! A man plants, and a man waters, but GOD causes the growth!

are you using hempy buckets with just perlite? or is it a perlite/vermeculite mix?

Just wondering how you go about flushing your containers and what your feeding schedule and res change/ clean schedule is. Im kind of new to soil-less.

BTW great journal i was only able to skim through it but the latest entrys look great! keep up the hard work!

are you using hempy buckets with just perlite? or is it a perlite/vermeculite mix?

Just wondering how you go about flushing your containers and what your feeding schedule and res change/ clean schedule is. Im kind of new to soil-less.

BTW great journal i was only able to skim through it but the latest entrys look great! keep up the hard work!

No,I'm using soil. Canna Terra Professional Plus. The perlite is on top of the soil to try and get rid of a fungus gnat problem I had.

I have never flushed and the plants are about 10 weeks old now with another 4 to go. They are in 10 liter containers and I'm feeding every two days with 10ml/liter of canna terra flores. And every third feeding I add 1.5ml/liter of canna PK 13/14 as bloom booster.

Thank you very much for your kind words my friend:)

I have read somewhere that it is beneficial to bake your soil in the oven to kill the bugs that may be alive in it from the bagging company.

I have also heard of this. Although I am not sure if the bugs came in the soil, or if they were already here from my first grow...

Guess we shall never know lol

Hey McLoadie -

Love the post - but want to know more. What are the fundamentals you mention?

You can do a search of ed rosenthal or jorge cervantes, they are a couple of authorities who apply this knowlege to the growing of cannabis. There are rules, these rules include the rules of the universe like gravity ect.. Everything in this universe abides by those rules. Whether it be a meteor flying thru space or moss growing on a rock. Learn these rules, and apply them and life gets way easier, things begin to fall in place, even an understanding of the things that don't just fall into place. The beginning of knowlege is the love of God!

I have read somewhere that it is beneficial to bake your soil in the oven to kill the bugs that may be alive in it from the bagging company.

This is a technique called soil sterilization, however, once this is accomplished one needs to innoculate the soil with beneficial life to create a "living soil", that regulates itself and is able to break down nutrients into soluable forms.

Back
Top Bottom