More important than cannabis legalization?

If you voted for Trump, you are NOT in favor of cannabis legalization. Deal with it.
Not necessarily.
Do you know anybody ... as in anybody that you agree with 100% of the time.
I have been married to the same woman for over 35 years, and we don't agree on everything. I still love her, even tho she is wrong ... lol.
I don't agree with Trump on everything. Hell no.
But, I am not a one issue voter. I look at the whole package and do something than many people (especially politicians and zealots) do all the time ... I compromise.
Over all, I agree with much of what Trump does and is doing.
But, I also believe that drugs should not be a legal issue. It can be a health issue, a zoning issue, a resource use issue ... but it shouldn't be in a court of law. Any drug, all drugs should be decriminalized.

I was hoping that enough people would vote for him that it'd end up a tie in the EC balloting process, and then the House of Representatives would have been free to choose whichever candidate ended up in third place as our President, lol. Unlikely, yes - but not as unlikely as Trump getting the win... so I thought. Boy, did I end up feeling bad.

I'd have liked to have seen Evan McMullin, the ex-CIA operations officer who was on the ballot in some states (he was a late filer) get the job. The guy called Trump a potential threat to the Republic. He strongly opposed Clinton and considered Trump unfit, so he tried for several months to get someone else to run against them, including lobbying various members of Congress to do it. When no one else would do it, and with time running out, he decided to. I think he was 40 at the time, which was a plus. Had the background in intelligence. I didn't agree with all of his ideas/stances, but I could live with the ones I disagreed with. He understands that science... is real :rolleyes:. His intelligence background (or maybe all it required was intelligence, IDK) gave him a far more realistic outlook than the current chair-warmer. As evidenced by:

McMullin told ABC News that he believed Donald Trump's public comments were frustrating U.S. counterterrorism efforts. "What he doesn't realize is that we actually depend on Muslims to do counterterrorism, to wage war against terrorists." Trump's remarks concerning Muslims "decreases their willingness to work with us, with other Muslims, and that impedes our ability to destroy ISIS." McMullin also criticized Trump's "allegiance to [Russian President] Vladimir Putin" and accused Putin of engaging in a campaign to destabilize European and North American countries "through fomenting discord between different racial groups, different ethnic groups and different religious groups."

...and other common-sense statements. Alas, there was no tie - and here we are :( .

Speaking of common sense, the Electoral College, etc., here's a bit of trivia: On December 10, ten electors, in an open letter headed by Christine Pelosi to the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, demanded an intelligence briefing in light of Russian interference in the election to help Trump win the presidency. 58 additional electors subsequently added their names to the letter, bringing the total to 68 electors from 17 different states. On December 16, the briefing request was denied. I did the math on that one, and it is entirely possible that, if the request hadn't been denied, we would have a different President right now. Not someone I'd like - but someone who is at least competent enough to do the job, cognizant of the responsibility inherent in the thing, someone who makes truthful public statements more than 2% of the time (that's slightly unfair - IIRC, the fact-checkers have put that figure at something like 2.4% :rolleyes: ), who understands that, yes, the law should apply to the President - instead of not even bothering to pay lip service to the concept. Et cetera.

It's scary to think about how many people will probably be aware of all the crap that he's done / is doing, and end up voting for him again, anyway. Maybe they just don't care. Or, IDK, maybe they'll refuse to believe any of it... Because Trump tells them not to. . . .

Personally, I think everything seems to be going in the proper direction. There's more than just a call for change out there; people are actually changing things. It's surprising how quick the politicians got things rolling here on Danger Island once we changed all the major cities into the album cover for KISS Destroyer! :thumb:

It's scary to think about how many people will probably be aware of all the crap that he's done / is doing, and end up voting for him again, anyway. Maybe they just don't care. Or, IDK, maybe they'll refuse to believe any of it... Because Trump tells them not to. . . .
I am one of those people who will vote for him.
And, I will tell you why ... your guesses above are not correct (for me).

To put it simply, I just don't see any alternative.
It's kind of like when I needed a good lawyer. The gal I hired is roundly hated by her peers, and most of the judges. Know why? Because she represents her client to the BEST of her ability. She goes all in routinely. And she doesn't give a rat's fuzzy balls if she pisses people off in the process. "I got enough friends." (I can't imagine who though).

That's the way I perceive Trump. He's an asshole ... but, by god, he is MY asshole. He's looking out for me.
He created the best economy this country has seen in decades.
He lifted thousands of minorities out of poverty.
He is not afraid to piss of world leaders: N. Korea, China ... whoever.

Is he the kind of guy that I would buddy around with? "Hey Don, grab your cue stick and lets go drink beer and shoot pool and chase girls." Nope. Not my kinda guy to be 'friends' with.
But then, my lawyer will never be my friend either.
I didn't hire her to be nice ... I didn't hire Don to be nice either. I hired him to DO EXACTLY what he said he'd do. Drain the swamp and kick ass.

I don't know of anyone else that could or would do that - so, as far as I'm concerned - I will hire him again. (Don't worry, I'm in California so my vote won't count.)

You want a nice guy in the oval office? Then Sleepy Joe just might be your man. He is experienced in being bought by working with the Chinese.
You want a gunslinger that can't be bought? Then Trump is your guy.

The choice could not be any different ...

The scary part is his overblown ego. It's the worst I've ever seen or heard of in a human being. I don't think he's going to allow Alexander the Great or Adolf to go down in the history books as greater men than him. A war with our major product supplier to purposely shut down trade with them in order to bring back factory jobs to appease our proletariat maybe? The chess pieces seem to be lining up that way. And let's face it; whoever wins WWIII is gonna own the pages of all the history books. :thumb:

his overblown ego. It's the worst I've ever seen or heard of in a human being. I don't think he's going to allow Alexander the Great or Adolf to go down in the history books as greater men than him.
I know, right?
Sometimes I just shake my head ... at the least it's embarrassing, at worst I thank God that our constitution is still strong enough to contain his swollen ego. He is curbed by that pesky constitution.

A war with our major product supplier to purposely shut down trade with them in order to bring back factory jobs to appease our proletariat maybe?
Well, if you replace the word 'proletariat' with 'American citizens' you'd be close enough that I could agree with you.
He did, and was doing exactly what he said he'd do. He said he'd protect American assets and lives, end wars, take out bad guys, and bring jobs back. Check, check, check, and check ...

Nope. Failing grade for all the above. Ask ourselves the question - What kind of a scumbag would even think that it's okay for him to be a loudmouth a$$hole so long as their pockets are full of money? Not anybody I want to know.
Well, to each his own I guess. I rely on money for my needs; food, shelter, security and safety. We have similar goals, Don and I.

Trump has done more for my personal finances and financial health than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT has in the last decade (or more).
I will rehire him.
And I think there's a lot of people being very quiet (they don't want Antifa and BLM beating their ass for exercising their First Amendment rights, or losing their jobs), but they'll vote.

We'll know soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom