Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

The outdoor girls have all taken off with a different kind of growth. They have much thicker and neon green branches on them now, with much larger leaves. I went through and trimmed off all of the old growth that made up the plant when I put them out about a month ago and they look like entirely different plants.

PM x UD. Any UD pheno types sticking out Con?

And now the PCK x Erdpurt. The one has turned into a totem pole, while the other has retained it's freakishly giant sativa leaves. Both are already flowering on me, otherwise I'd have a cutting of the freak in my veg room.

I've been looking at introducing more indica into my garden. I think I may pop another one of these for indoors and see how it does. I've only grown it outside the last two years.

Are they clones of PM x UD or different seeds? Sorry if I lost track...

The PCK cross already flowering? It has a wild look!

I think the 2nd pic of the PMxUD might have that Chem look.... Maybe? Con did I get it right? haha.

Cheers,
They are from seed. You know how when a plant goes from a seedling, to a full sized plant that you would put into flower, it has all this density of smaller growth around the bottom of the plant? I normally trim that all off, and it resembles a larger version, similar to the original plant. Well, I did that when I had them in 1 gallon pots. Now that I put them outside, they had all this explosive new growth and all the old growth was tiny again. It makes perfect sense that it would do it, it just caught me by surprise as I'm still new to growing outdoors and truthfully, I'm still tweaking my indoor training as well. These plants are 3 and 4 foot tall already and I have a feeling they are going to double before they're done. All the little branches that would grow larf are gone. I'm hoping to get some fat colas outdoors for once.

You can always cut them back. A big plant will give you 4 pounds if your not careful. (HAHAHA)

But seriously its about the quality and not quantity. Bigger roots/ managed plant(cut back) = primo quality buds.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The bigger the roots, the more she'll bulk up.

Just found your garden, nice outdoor plant pics. I notice that too that the stems term and lime green when outdoors in my garden
Good to have you by Dopy. Thank you. This is my third year outdoors and my first year I'm trying to do more than put them out and watch them grow. Now that I've got my indoor banging along smoothly, I'm trying to put some more focus in the outdoor girls. They make a jump in growth that is different than what was there from indoors. It's almost like a different plant grows out of it.

Although, if I got the Vietnam Black pheno somehow, I wouldn't be disappointed. I don't believe it's been there since their original release though. I've been eyeing the Orient Express x Nepjam. There's a rare purple expression of Vietnam Black in that release that sounds exceptional. And the regular phenos are supposed to be great smoke with insane yields. I don't know if you've read up on that cross, but it sounds like a good one. It made it from their R&D page to a normal release.

That hybrid caught me eye...pretty plant.
I remember seeing some peeps on another site crossing OE and NJ some years ago. (my first exposure to ACE seed) It seemed to be the general 'good idea' and wonderful mix. I didnt know enough then to think much about it. I am happy they released the hybrid

It was my impression that the regular standard version of Orient Express carried more of the VB expression and the Fem. seeds were more China.
. . . I dunno, I got 3 OE seeds, all fems.
Great Day

That hybrid caught me eye...pretty plant.
I remember seeing some peeps on another site crossing OE and NJ some years ago. (my first exposure to ACE seed) It seemed to be the general 'good idea' and wonderful mix. I didnt know enough then to think much about it. I am happy they released the hybrid

It was my impression that the regular standard version of Orient Express carried more of the VB expression and the Fem. seeds were more China.
Great Day
Orient Express is one of those strains that's been on my list for a while but always gets bumped for something else. I don't know when I'll order seeds again, but I'm going to get either it or at least the cross with Nepjam.

Great Day

You are correct. I ran the fem and got a 50/50 phenotype. Everytime I go back and smoke it I think man this is an underrated strain. It is definitely worth growing. I had a pack of freebies forever before I pulled the trigger and just sunk a seed.

The outdoor girls are coming along. The PCK x Erdpurt are kinda stalled out at the moment as they started to flower. The freak one was also uprooted a couple of weeks ago, which didn't help and plus I discovered it was shaded during the middle of the day just recently and fixed that. Hopefully it will pick back up.

The PM x UD are chugging along. A friend of mine just lost all his outdoor plants he had started, so I gave him 4 clones I had going that should get big enough for him this late in the season. 2 of them were my cuts from these two plants, so I'll get to do some contrasting between the two grows.

Happy Father's day to all you Father's out there.

If I didn;t know any better I would swear that is Conradinos sunny spot. PM x UD has a lot of UD in it, eh? How many fingers does the UD typically have?

PCK x Erdpurt is it's own beast, uh? Weed looks like the crazy cat lady or something!!!

Cheers,
I haven't cleared the ground around my plants as much but it does doesn't it? I was just browsing his old journals to find where he posted pics of his UD with phenotypes and the vegetation looks similar. I'm pretty sure he has berries around the sunny spot as well.

I'm seeing some difference between my two. The taller one looks to be an OG pheno, or fairly close. It's around 5ft tall now. I'm not certain about the other one. I haven't found the post I remember with multiple phenos yet. It doesn't look as bushy as a chem, but I did give it a fairly decent trim last week. It had about 4 branches in the second tier that I cut because they didn't look like they'd get tall enough to keep up. I've been really trying to clean up my plants lately to see if I can focus the growth on larger buds instead of tons of tops which all end up so small. It cuts down on trim time and should make the plants much more manageable than the last few have been.

I was tending the garden today and noticed a similarity going on.
The plant on the right is my purple Malawi mother. The one on the left is the male PM x UD that I backcrossed to the mother. As the cut has aged, the stems have taken on the same look and feel as the mother. The smell is pretty close as well. I'm excited to see their progenies. :slide:

There are several people here running my Zamedelica x Panama cross for cobbing purposes and since I'm getting ready to start making some cobs, it only seemed right to pop a few of these myself. I just dropped 4 into some water. In a day or two once they pop, they'll be going into 1 gallon buckets, where they'll get a short veg time, and then thrown into flower. I'm hoping to keep them from getting gangly. Their horizontal footprint can really get out of hand in flower. I think I may pick up some tomato cages and try and keep them focused vertically with only a few colas.

Things are trucking along nicely. The food saver is sitting on the porch behind me where the delivery man sat it, and I should have the husks in a couple of days. Plenty of time to be ready for when my purple mother comes down in a few weeks. She's going to make lots of cobs...:slide:

From what I'm seeing on the cob thread, she should make the most beautiful, energizing high. And the flavor change when smoking should be pretty cool too. She's got this amazing berry nose over a spicy pine body. I smell her and my mind thinks, velvety purple.

Speaking of her.

The next up for cut is Snow Moon.

I need to get back to reading the cob thread. I'm only halfway through.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom