Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

I originally described it as raspberry diesel.

But I grew a Devils Carnival that was distinctly lime and it reminded me of the straight Carnival, so ...

It's in that citrus berry spectrum with a strong fuelly background.

(I'll finally have another fresh one in late July. :slide:)

I originally described it as raspberry diesel.

But I grew a Devils Carnival that was distinctly lime and it reminded me of the straight Carnival, so ...

It's in that citrus berry spectrum with a strong fuelly background.

(I'll finally have another fresh one in late July. :slide:)
That sounds like the same one. Sweet! Is this a special pheno of it? I'm asking as I don't have a clone backup, as she's currently getting pollinated. But that does mean the genetics are getting passed along. I'm going to need a bigger grow space to try all these crosses....

That sounds like the same one. Sweet! Is this a special pheno of it? I'm asking as I don't have a clone backup, as she's currently getting pollinated. But that does mean the genetics are getting passed along. I'm going to need a bigger grow space to try all these crosses....

I grew out 2 different phenos, and the better one was taller and had the most "zing"? in the nose. The other one was fine too, but the raspberry/limey one had more of the energetic high that Carnival is noted for.

Bummer on the lack of a clone. I did that when I found a fantastic Utopia x Buddha Haze pheno - no clone - but like you, I did get some seeds from a cross, so the genetics survive. That Carnival x DDA sure turned out for Nis and Canna. :slide:

I grew out 2 different phenos, and the better one was taller and had the most "zing"? in the nose. The other one was fine too, but the raspberry/limey one had more of the energetic high that Carnival is noted for.

Bummer on the lack of a clone. I did that when I found a fantastic Utopia x Buddha Haze pheno - no clone - but like you, I did get some seeds from a cross, so the genetics survive. That Carnival x DDA sure turned out for Nis and Canna. :slide:
I'm trying to keep my garden a manageable size. Which unfortunately means, not many clones saved at the moment. I have another 4 carnival seeds, so she'll get broken out again down the road.

It's funny my keepers evolve but there is definitely a theme. Right now I'm heavy on GG4 and Tangie crosses. I've given most of them away now and will focus on a more diverse lineup. I'm really looking forward to the Thai Chi, the more research I do on it the more excited I get for her. I'm going to back off on the Malawi crosses for a bit too, the Malawi x panama is crazy potent and of course the wife can't handle it. 2 hits and she was about ready to visit the shrink. It wasn't a good ride for her. I need to find a kinder sativa to run for her. The floaty ones sound good.

Try Jarilla de Sinaloa from CannaBiogen, it's a perfect paranoia-free daytime sativa with very balanced euphoric high! Garcia also bred something called Michoacan Cream, which has old school Michoacan inside. It's on my wish list :cool:

It's interesting to look at the way the male flowers. They are similar in many ways to the female,

A look at the current breeding room. I'll move the girls back this coming weekend more than likely. I'm enjoying seeing how the male progresses though. I think I'm going to give him a cat the next time he's thirsty just to see how he reaches.

Holy shit! Thats a lot of pollen!

You got them sweet lovin' tunes on tha radio?

That is the Male PM x UD and female PMs?

Beautiful plants for sure!
The purple Malawi already had her turn. That's Carnival and Strange Brew having a run. I have to say, so far he is the healthiest, most vigorous of the cross.

Well good! Thats what we hope for, I think.

Nice to see he is getting his rounds! I am getting a bit antsy all my girls are small my I know they will get out of hand if I had started earlier. Things are going steady in my world.... 3 weeks to the solstice!

Cheers,
Your's are coming along. I know your feeling. I started my outdoor ones are ahead of yours and now I'm starting to think they may get a bit bigger than I initially planned.

I found my AC unit in my flower room rattling away yesterday. I did some trouble shooting and found it takes when there's pressure is exhausting against. The exhaust leaves the room and goes through a filter. Even with just the hose on now it's going it, so I turned down the lights and set it to dehumi mode so I can at least keep the rh in check. It seemed to only go up to 90. Hopefully a decent fix for the time being. It should still be under warranty. Not sure how long I can run as is though. I might need to pick up another unit. If I do I'm stepping up to a 12k or 14k. The 8k I have I think has been running almost constantly to keep up.

Long day today working with the girls. I harvested Carnival and Crockett Dawg this morning. I haven't weighed a harvest in ages, but I'd have to say, this Carnival is the highest yielding plant I've grown.

I also cut the last of the seedmakers from the Ultra Dawg brood.

There was a lot of soil shuffling after all of that. I ended up rearranging both rooms as I put all three of the girls that I had in large pots into flower. When I harvest I have easier access to my soil, so I loaded up a bunch of 1 gallon buckets with second run soil to put the PM x UD group in when they are ready to up-pot.

I also set up a group of 5 gallon buckets for the next wave. Some Strange Brew and Crockett Dawg crosses, along with Malawi x PCK. I'm waiting on an Ultra Dawg to poke her head up as well. I held onto a cut of Early Bubba Hash as I prefer it over the Critical Cure I grew for when I'm wanting a high CBD strain. And I also have a cut of snow moon going. Gotta have a backup in case it's killer.

The girls that were getting pollinated moved back to the flower room after a thorough dosing with leaf wash and then sitting outside in the wind for most of the afternoon. The male is now eating dirt in the compost.

I set the unit back to AC today while I was working on the girls and it did just fine. When I was done, I turned the middle light back on in flower and closed things up. An hour later everything is still running smooth. The other day when it was acting up the inner housing for the fan was so hot I could barely touch it. I think it was overworked. I moved it out away from the corner so that it gets more airflow and I've left the outer lights dimmed for the time being. I think I undershot when I picked an 8k AC unit for an 8'x6'x8' room. If I end up having to replace it I think I'm going to step up to a 14k unit.

The oldest girl in flower is now my purple Malawi shrubbery.

She's got another 4 weeks... She may rival my Carnival in yield.....:slide:

Nice harvest Morglie, my Carnival gave me close to 8 oz from a 10 gallon too. It has become a fan favorite around here. I didn't clone it but I do have another seed plus some Carnival x Amherst Sour Diesel to try.

On your AC, you need to figure out how much wattage your lights are putting out. 1 watt = 3.41 BTU's. A typical structure will require 12,000 BTU's for every 700-750 ft/sq.

Wonderful harvest!
Looks heavy for sure.:passitleft:

Would you please elaborate on the details of the UD brood you mention? The more i think about it the more I think my first indoor run after summer willl be the PM x UDs...

Cheers,
The Ultra Dawg brood is the group of plants I pollinated with an Ultra Dawg male. I hit both my phenos of Strange Brew and my purple Malawi. I'm liking the vigor I've gotten out of the PM x UD cross, which I made from dusting a bud with the cut I was checking sex with. When I flowered out the plant, I threw a small plant of Malawi in there too get a collection of seeds this time. The first attempt only made about 25 seeds. I should have several 100 shortly.

Btw, I'm trying a different technique for harvesting seeds, that you may be interested in. I'll snap a shot when I get to my flower room today and describe it. It should make harvesting plants of seeds way easier than they've been for me.

Nice harvest Morglie, my Carnival gave me close to 8 oz from a 10 gallon too. It has become a fan favorite around here. I didn't clone it but I do have another seed plus some Carnival x Amherst Sour Diesel to try.

On your AC, you need to figure out how much wattage your lights are putting out. 1 watt = 3.41 BTU's. A typical structure will require 12,000 BTU's for every 700-750 ft/sq.
I'm really liking the carnival. I hit a cut with my PM x UD male to see how that mixes in. That was my last cut of carnival, but I have 4 more seeds.

On the AC, for the space I have overkill. As for wattage, I have 6 quantum boards, which I have built in pairs that I believe run 260 Watts, so 2660 for lights, 6583 for my space so 9243 combined if I'm understanding you correctly. Still pretty close. I was running a separate dehumi in there for a while because my AC unit wasn't pulling the humidity out when it was cool enough to not run. I've figured that problem out, but that was generating a lot more heat it was having to deal with. Now that it's had time to rest and chill down it seems ok. I know I'm stepping it up if I end up taking to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom