Moving the plants

I will use an exhaust fan with a carbon filter to suck out air from the tent, but I can't really attach one to the window. However, I can set up a large fan to blow out air, that may help a bit.

@Oldbear

That plant isn't even flowering yet on the picture, can it really be that smelly? That's a new thing for me, I thought the smell is mostly coming from the buds.

Yes it is that smelly. I was surprised. Not all strains will be the same probably.

My understanding is that the terpenes are a plant defense mechanism to discourage whatever would eat it. Also used to attract pollinators later when flower starts.

I think around 3 to 4 nodes the smell starts. I tried an outdoor grow last year. The little seedlings got eaten. When I container grew them up to 3 nodes on a deck, then transplanted in the wild, nothing touched them.

I would suggest a tent that meets decent quality with affordability such as a Mars Hydro tent. I am looking at a new tent myself and I am leaning that direction. A carbon filter is a must! I agree with everyone here that not only will you get most of your odor during flower but you will for sure get odor in veg as well. I wouldn't even bother moving the plants outside. This will do nothing unless the plants are removed for about 3 days or more prior to their visit. A couple hours of having the plants out on the deck will do absolutely nothing IMO. The best chance you have of concealing the odor from visitors is to use a tent with a good carbon filter and vent the duct out a window.
I like the suggestion to cook something very aromatic prior or during their visit. A stew in the slow cooker fills a house with nice aromas.

I would suggest a tent that meets decent quality with affordability such as a Mars Hydro tent. I am looking at a new tent myself and I am leaning that direction. A carbon filter is a must! I agree with everyone here that not only will you get most of your odor during flower but you will for sure get odor in veg as well. I wouldn't even bother moving the plants outside. This will do nothing unless the plants are removed for about 3 days or more prior to their visit. A couple hours of having the plants out on the deck will do absolutely nothing IMO. The best chance you have of concealing the odor from visitors is to use a tent with a good carbon filter and vent the duct out a window.
I like the suggestion to cook something very aromatic prior or during their visit. A stew in the slow cooker fills a house with nice aromas.
I think I have to start learning to cook then : D
Thanks for all your tips. I feel that with this amount of supportive info, I somehow will figure out a way to cover the odor. I still have plenty of time to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom