Moving to new place need help for set up

skinny-loc

hey people hope every1 is well . i need some advice in 2 months i will have to move to a new place there are several houses for rent. renting is my only option. So my question is in my new location i plan to build a grow room within a bedroom it will be 4x6x6or7 depending how tall the ceiling is. but if im renting i cant cut wholes in walls,ceiling,etc. my main concern is smell. im not sure if it will get rid of the smell if i exhaust the smell right back out into the bedroom. help me out people please!!!!!!!!:thanks:

should be the same as a room air cleaner, the ones that sit on the floor, I think it will work, try it first with something else thats stinky...........

Try to save for a carbon filter will take the smell right out :headbanger: We have 30 plants 2 rooms and you can not smell a thing till we pull them out of the room 10 min later starts to stink good

are the wall s white? if so easy to fix a hole in the wall google patch compound repair.
Use a room if you can without a dought get a carbon filteranything over 1200cfm woulf be over kill for you.
renting is nice but dont forget 8000 dollar tax credit for new homebuyers and banks soon wil get 30 billion for new loans for people like you belive it or not

are the wall s white? if so easy to fix a hole in the wall google patch compound repair.
Use a room if you can without a dought get a carbon filteranything over 1200cfm woulf be over kill for you.
renting is nice but dont forget 8000 dollar tax credit for new homebuyers and banks soon wil get 30 billion for new loans for people like you belive it or not

right on..i never really thought about the whole patching thing.. so far ive seen to house with all there rooms white(since its the cheapest paint i guess lol) so i think im do sum cutting. One more thing if u would be so kind, Down the road if i wanna triple my op, meaning have three grow rooms in 1 bed room all 4x6x7 will i need to have one whole in the bedroom room ceiling pushing air out into the attic with filter attached? or one seperate small filter for each room within the room? and what size do i need?:rollit:

canfan and filter fo reach room with flowering with those I would say you'll be safe with 500 cfm per room or on ebay they have a vortex 2100 or somthing for 600 and it would be good for the whole house just make sure dont scimp on filter that is where all the work is done a 150 filter or biger

canfan and filter fo reach room with flowering with those I would say you'll be safe with 500 cfm per room or on ebay they have a vortex 2100 or somthing for 600 and it would be good for the whole house just make sure dont scimp on filter that is where all the work is done a 150 filter or biger

Thanks Poke your of great help once i get this new op rolling ill invite u to my grow journal so u can follow up on progress:thanks:

if you can get a carbon filter it will takeall the worrys and stress about the smell most decet strains of pot are strong smelling like the skunk srainsect

Dude seriously consider the patching. Also I would suggest a large tent, no need to go off and build your own sub-room in a house you dont own.

I tried everything to vent my hot air coming off my lights and finally the only thing that worked was cutting a hole in the ceiling and stuffing the pipe up there. I just left that house and literally yesterday

I cut a circular 6 inch piece of drywall and screwed it into the stud.

I used regular wall repair putty (just ask for it at Lowes or Home dePOT) to blend it into the ceiling.

Then I waited for that to dry and I used "ORANGE PEEL" (brand name) CEILING TEXTURE SPACKLE. you will see it it looks like that weird popcorn stuff on your ceiling.

BAM. Its freaking done and looks great, I am gonna have a walk through with my land lord in a couple days no prob.

CK

You can just leave the air in the room use one big fan and big filter use as a air scrubber so just filter a little ducting then fan then open (always pull air through the filter) to the room then when heat is an issue you can push out hot air by adding a hole and putting ducting out of the room
get the biggest fan you can and run it on low to help with noise ;)

Dude seriously consider the patching. Also I would suggest a large tent, no need to go off and build your own sub-room in a house you dont own.

I tried everything to vent my hot air coming off my lights and finally the only thing that worked was cutting a hole in the ceiling and stuffing the pipe up there. I just left that house and literally yesterday

I cut a circular 6 inch piece of drywall and screwed it into the stud.

I used regular wall repair putty (just ask for it at Lowes or Home dePOT) to blend it into the ceiling.

Then I waited for that to dry and I used "ORANGE PEEL" (brand name) CEILING TEXTURE SPACKLE. you will see it it looks like that weird popcorn stuff on your ceiling.

BAM. Its freaking done and looks great, I am gonna have a walk through with my land lord in a couple days no prob.

CK

if you can get a carbon filter it will takeall the worrys and stress about the smell most decet strains of pot are strong smelling like the skunk srainsect

Yeah im gonna do whats necessary for safety purposes and put a whole in the ceiling but you gave me a serious idea clark. do you think if i built a tent of mylar it would be fine? with the white side on the inside oviously, as long as its light tight, 2x4 for the frame to staple and tape mylar up and two 2x4 across the top of frame for fixture hangin..what you think?
Harryo thanks for feedback, ima save for top notch filter and fan to make sure my crop never stops

mylar? is very hard to work with and wont be air or light tight. I would suggest tarp or white plastic sheeting (try to look for non toxic very important). but plastic sheeting and a pvc frame is a classic favorite around here. I just purchased my tent whole, with the holes cut in for ducting and guaranteed air and light sealed. Because of that if i felt like ding something with c02 I could. But you would not be able to do that in a tent tht wasnt air tight.

pro's and con's dude, pro's and con's.

CK

PVC! damn it man why didnt pvc cross my mind.:smokin:too many joints i guess but much better framming.. less noise assembling the shit less suspicious and probably cheaper. you just might be the real clark kent haha thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom