Mr Teddy Grows Indoors & Out In 2015

FINALLY, SPRING.

Time to start hardening them off in the spring sunshine. The light is hung at about 92.96 million miles from the top of the girls.

Here are Blueberry and Master Kush today at about 14 days since breaking ground. Hello girls. :ciao:

DSC_058724.JPG
DSC_058826.JPG

And at 6 days, here are a couple of Mazars:

DSC_058926.JPG

Also both 6 days old, another Blueberry (the bruiser) and another Master Kush. The latter was the one tipping her hat earlier. I shall call her Poor Thing and shall care for her like the last kitten of the litter. I know what that's like now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_059025.JPG

Outside! Hurray and Huzzah! :cheer:

May your God go with you.

Pip Pip, Playmates! :love: Mr Teddy x

Wow, i've always dreamed of growing outdoors. I'll vividly experience through this journal the joy of bathing in natural sunlight the world's most beautiful plant.

off to a good start Mr.T

best of luck with your garden and good wishes

:Namaste:

Everything is looking absolutely wonderful Mr. Teddy. Your babies look so happy and healthy, beautiful little sprouts.

You and your Grecian climate are a little ahead of me this Spring, you lucky duck! Only about a month until I get going outdoors.. Just started my Journal and I'm mixing my soil soon! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can't wait to see how those little girls do under that huge light in the sky. Keep up the good work my friend, hopefully your seeds will find their way to you....

Worst comes to worst, we will just have to train a 420magazine Carrier Pigeon to deliver seeds for us! :cheesygrinsmiley: :rofl:

Congratulations on sunbathing your girls!

I have that same light, but with a lot more shade and rain.

Yes, Rad, I'm seeing more and more people using this big yellow light. You must have purchased the 'Real World' model. I must point out however, that, despite the fact that I'm Catholic, this is not a sponsored grow.
:high-five:

Wow, i've always dreamed of growing outdoors. I'll vividly experience through this journal the joy of bathing in natural sunlight the world's most beautiful plant.

off to a good start Mr.T

best of luck with your garden and good wishes

:Namaste:
:ciao: Brother and Neighbour. Outdoors certainly gives me better photographs. :thumb:

However, one mustn't get too confident here on the mountain: Orthodox Easter is weekend after next, and we have snow forecast. That'll be fun. Spit-roast lamb, village fireworks and shotguns in the air at midnight in the snow. Yee Ha.

Everything is looking absolutely wonderful Mr. Teddy. Your babies look so happy and healthy, beautiful little sprouts.

You and your Grecian climate are a little ahead of me this Spring, you lucky duck! Only about a month until I get going outdoors.. Just started my Journal and I'm mixing my soil soon! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can't wait to see how those little girls do under that huge light in the sky. Keep up the good work my friend, hopefully your seeds will find their way to you....

Worst comes to worst, we will just have to train a 420magazine Carrier Pigeon to deliver seeds for us! :cheesygrinsmiley: :rofl:

I love mixing soil, Max. It's my very favourite thing. (That must definitely be a sign of being An Old Man). :cheesygrinsmiley: All the veg seeds I've also got in the tent are doing fantastically in the simple cannabis seedling mixture. Germination and growth are so much better than my first veg run last year. So I think I've got my starter mix nailed now.
:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck: on your outdoor grow. It's rather exciting, building up to it, isn't it? Guess that makes us gardeners. :high-five:

Inspiration is all I can say. Thank you for your post and I welcome following you as I only just began with so many challenges. Israel what I would love to be in Greece :) Shalom

I love mixing soil, Max. It's my very favourite thing. (That must definitely be a sign of being An Old Man). :cheesygrinsmiley: All the veg seeds I've also got in the tent are doing fantastically in the simple cannabis seedling mixture. Germination and growth are so much better than my first veg run last year. So I think I've got my starter mix nailed now.
:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck: on your outdoor grow. It's rather exciting, building up to it, isn't it? Guess that makes us gardeners. :high-five:

Well then I guess I have aged exceptionally fast.... because I am exceedingly eager to mix up my soil :cheesygrinsmiley: I have everything planned and have crossed my t's and dotted my i's... This is going to prove to be a very fun summer indeed :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats on getting you seedling mix down-pat, always exciting to know you can start a new life almost flawlessly (I say almost Mr. Teddy, not to disparage you of course, but because we are all only human :cheesygrinsmiley: )... takes a lot of stress off the beginning stages!

Anyways, keep it up Mr. Teddy. You can expect me to be back! :Namaste:

I'm so with you there Mr Teddy. When I mixed up my initial batch I was saddened that doing no-tills meant not building any more soil in the near future. I thoroughly enjoyed mixing and turning that soil, getting my hands into it up to my elbows. The feel and smell was exquisite.

Now I get the opportunity to mix up batches of both LOS and HB. How sweet is that? :laughtwo::green_heart:

A SMALL CONUNDRUM :hmmmm:

:ciao: Happy Easter to you all.

I have a little light puzzle that I can't work out. "Ah", I thought, "I know who to ask. My Playmates."

Because I didn't think it through when I set up the lighting schedule in the tent this time, I now need to align the light cycle in the tent more closely to that outside to avoid stressing the girls too much when they go outside full-time. In addition, if the tent light fits natural light more closely, it'll be less stress for the ones that will come back inside over the summer for force flowering on a 12/12 schedule.

I thought about changing the sun's timing to fit with the tent, but that's beyond even a moderator's powers. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Currently I'm on 18/6. Lights on at 1pm and off 7am.
I need the lights to come on around natural dawn (6am) and therefore off at midnight

I have 2 options:

1. Do it in one go. i.e. run them through on constant light until midnight tomorrow. Then 6 hours of night and lights back on at 6am. Job done. But would the sudden, one-off extended light cycle upset them at this early stage?

2. Staggered process. i.e. move the lights on/off schedule back every day by an hour until they are coming on at 6am. Which would obviously take 7 days (going back 7 hours).

I'd prefer to do it in one go, (lazy Teddy), but if you think the 35 solid hours of light it'll take to do that will be too stressful I'll go the staggered route.

Whaddya think, chums? :thanks:
:circle-of-love:

i'd go with number 1 Mr.T, my babies had 24 hours of light for the first 3 weeks :rofl:

i highly doubt that more light could harm them in any way so early into it.

I'm just throwing out ideas tho you should take a second opinion i'm really not the right guy to answer that.

best of luck :ciao:

:thanks: Bother.

That's the way I was leaning. Obviously many people run 24 hours of light.

I'll just wait if that's OK and see if anyone else chimes in. There's no panic - we are back to cloud, cold wind and rain today. Everybody - seedlings, cats, Teddy, Mr and Mrs Teddy - is staying in today. :cheer:

I haven't seen it in my own grows, but Doc has mentioned photoperiod shock a couple times in pics he's seen and the grower usually fesses up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You can get odd leaf pattern growth - too few lobes, for instance. I might just do it abruptly myself, but if I'm advising, I have to point out the danger and recommend a more gradual transition. You have to back dawn up 7 hours.

Heck ... go ask Doc. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thanks: Bappie, Gray and Rad. Much appreciated.

So I've asked the Doc, Graytail. Good idea. :thumb: Let's see what the he says.

And yes, Rad, I've been hardening them off, an hour more each afternoon, along with all the regular veg seedlings. It's tricky weather here though. After a couple of lovely spring days we are back to a week of cloud and rain. Daytime temps only between 8 and 14C (mid 40's to mid 50'sF).

I'm off to the post office. Still waiting for that special delivery. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Happy Mondays to all. :ciao:

Hope that special package gets there soon Mr Teddy. It's hard waiting.

Kali mera, everyone.

Except that it really is not a terribly good morning here on the mountain. We have woken to a few inches of snow and near freezing temperatures, and it's still snowing heavily. My poor garden.

The post office will be closed because Apostoilis will not come up the mountain in this weather. And because he only opens Mon, Weds and Fri and because this weekend is Easter here, it means the next chance my seeds might be here will be next Wednesday. Mind you, there's not much point planting anything in the snow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Doc Bud was great about the time shift in the tent. He was most insistent that I don't change the lights more than 20mins a day. So that's what I'm doing, working slowly back to a 6am lights on start. Will take a few weeks. I won't make that mistake again anyway. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Stuck indoors today - so I'll take some snaps and show you the growing girls later.

Hope your worlds are warmer than mine. :ciao: Pip Pip!

UPDATE - BACK INDOORS

:ciao: Playmates.

As a few inches of snow lies outside and thick cloud surrounds the house, let's check inside the nice, warm tent. Nobody's getting hardened off outside today. It would be killing off. The good Lord has obviously decided to skip spring entirely this year.

Here's the whole tent. Premium girls in the centre, surrounded by, in the cheap seats, tomatoes, rocket, aubergines, peppers, lettuce, dahlia tubors, coriander, (impossible to find here and mandatory for my spicy dishes) and loads of Lupins.

DSC_059226.jpg
DSC_059120.JPG

As you can see, I'm running the LED on veg setting and three CFLs to get plenty of light to everyone. LED is about 3 feet high. I've brought it down slowly from the top of the tent.

Here are the two older girls, a Blueberry and Master Kush, at 18 days:

DSC_059423.JPG

Ooops, sorry - I seem to have focussed on the soil, not the plant. I like soil. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_059326.JPG

And here are the four babies at 10 days. There's a tiny bit of leaf curling on a Mazar, which I'm putting down to the LEDs and not worrying about it. Poor Thing (whose hat stayed on) is doing just fine.

DSC_059523.JPG
DSC_059622.JPG
DSC_059823.JPG
DSC_059724.JPG

All six:

DSC_059921.jpg

Wishing you all green happiness.

Pip Pip! :love: Mr Teddy

Looking good MrTeddy. Maybe after you get all that non-420 stuff planted and growing vigorously you could share it on an off-topic thread. I have one up and a Rad had a sweet one as well. I for one would love to see how your flowers take to the Greek sunshine we all know will show its face again for longer than a peek.

Just a note about the CFLs: they don't give off any real usable light from the ends. All the sought-for lumens are emitted from the sides. Is there any way to get them situated sideways over your brood? Two Y-adapters and one more bulb and you will have the lumens coming in at an angle. That's actually worked best for me. Something to consider for the future MrTeddy, because these will soon be outdoors.

Stay warm and dry. My best to MrsTeddy and the pup. :love:

Back
Top Bottom