my bag seed chronicles

Re: my bagseed chronicles....

20140922_125958.jpg

View image in gallery

I dont know the exact measurements but im guessing maybe 8x8. How many gallons I have no idea...when should I repot? When do I start defoliating?

Ur soil looks quite compact, not enough oxygen to roots can definitely be one of the causes mentioned before. But ur leaves r nice and perked up so I would guess u r watering at a good interval and allowing the soil to dry out a bit. When they dry ur roots seek out water and stretch And grow. I find the plants mimic the roots in soil, but that's just me anyway. How old r they 2-3wk? What's the ratio on the bloom booster? 10-20-10? The first couple weeks they don't need much, less is more in soil. If u start seeing deficiencies then fert. U don't always have to pump them full of nutrients. Don't get me wrong a light feeding once a week up till flower then a slow steady increase is what use.
It doesn't look like u have fed them a lot tho, so that's good. Well let me know and I will help ya where I can but they look fairly healthy besides the compact soil slowing oxygen it's not off to a bad start. Is there a chance u loOK at it a lot so It doesn't seem like it's growing, cause I do that and then I will be gone for two days and come back and be like holy shit!!!

Yeah I do check on em too much...im still in the honeymoon stage lol I hear my miracle gro stuff is better flowering not vegging so im gonna lay off it for now...there close to a month old...and I wanna say the npk is 9-4-12...

Im guessing I only have a month left of decent temps and sunlight before it gets cold...I just want to get a pound out of em...I'll take the seeds but of course I rather seedless...I hear I can get up to 17 or so oz. Per plant! That would be great...but if out of the 2 I get one pound I wouldn't complain..

I do not believe you will get anywhere near a pound from plants that small, even if you veg for another month before going into flower. I believe you need to read a lot more to educate yourself on the cannabis plant and its life cycle.

How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

For your first grow, set your goals lower so you're not disappointed if you don't get the yield you want.

Try for 1/4-1/2 ounce from each plant for a first goal. It's pretty easy to reach, but not guaranteed, so you still have to work to hit the goal. After your first harvest, you'll get an idea of what you yield in your growing environment, and you can set a new goal for your next grow to push the bar a little higher next time based on changes you make to improve the growing environment.

A half oz?!? That aint shit!! Maybe the lil plant...but I'll be patient and wait for some weight...a half oz?! Even after defoliating? I wont let yall kill my optimism
..lol

Pointers? Tips? Comments? Be my guest....

Sorry, I was simply offering pointers, tips and comments that you asked for. If you can hit your 1-2lb goal per plant, dry weight, by all means prove me wrong. I'd love to see it happen. I was merely trying to help you so you didn't set yourself up for a disappointment when harvest time comes around.

:Namaste:

You gotta remember how many variables are involved though.

Temperature, Number of Lights and wattage/How much direct sun, Soil/Hydro, Container size, Water quality, Nutrients, Humidity, how much the temperature changes, how much the humidity changes, and the list can just go on and on. There's a lot of things in a grow that are difficult to control, especially in an outdoor grow.

If you set a goal for 1lb, and you only get 4 ounces, I don't want to see you feeling like you failed at growing. We want people like you and me to keep growing, and keep spreading the word about Cannabis, that it's not this dangerous addictive narcotic that people think it is.

That's why I said just set a low goal for your first grow. As your grow progresses you can increase the goal when she starts flowering. You're going to see the plant getting bigger in Veg and will get a better idea what you can yield. And when you start seeing huge colas you can increase that goal again. I set a goal of 1/2 ounce for each of my 2 plants. Later I increased the goal of one of the plants to be 3/4 ounce. In the end I yielded over 3 ounces on 2 plants with just CFL bulbs.

So now my new grow I changed my lights to LED, and my goal is over 3 ounces on ONE plant.

Setting goals isn't about the number you want to get, it's about setting a number that you WILL hit as long as you work hard to get it.

And a lot of people have run into unexpected problems which caused reduced yields, whether it was from equipment failure, unexpected weather problems, pests, or just bad phenotypes. Some things are just beyond our control.

I hear u...i really just wanted to do it for a hobby until I heard about the outdoor yields of multiple ozs. I figured worst case scenario is I'll end up with a lot of ok shit. But its really a lot more simple than I anticipated. A lot of people say the shit is complicated to eliminate competition from what I see. I was told u gotta water em a lot etc. Shit. If u got some sunlight and decent soil ur pretty much ready. I started mine indoors with a cheap broken lamp lol

I do it for a hobby. 3 ounces for almost free? Who wouldn't take that.

Ok stuff smokes just as good.

There's nothing complicated about it. People make it complicated. Growing is basic, and you only need basic tools.
For outdoors? I'd suggest good dirt, a seed/clone, nutrients, PH meter, 30x-60x scope to harvest, and water. Doesn't get much easier.

Back
Top Bottom