Bag seed?

Hey all so I stopped at the dispensary near my house to pick up some in-between greenery while my batch cures longer, and theyre bud normally never had seeds....well this time one of the 1/8ths I bought is loaded with seeds... It's a really dark colored strain called "koolato"(pic of bud below) with a nice high. My question is- what could I expect from the seeds? Are they worth planting? Do I have good odds of them being femenized? Idk but I have 12 of them so any commentary would be cool.

IMG_20220520_160458997.jpg

IMG_20220520_160427208.jpg

Hi Hazmat :ciao:
I'd be a bit miffed that I'd been short-sold on the smoke?
I never bother with unknown bagseed as it rarely ends well and I can't be arsed with putting in the effort only to discover they're males, or hermie
At most I'd find a secluded spot and chuck 'em in the ground, see what happens

They always hook me up I've traded some of my grown with them lol but yea good point on the risks.. I think I'm gonna take your idea and just plant them somewhere about 5ft apart.... Where I'm putting my photos is a huge private wooded area.

As you only know half the equation can go a variety of ways ;). Did it self/herm or did the pollen come from who knows what strain Male? So it could be like what it came out of and it could be like something different.

Hey all so I stopped at the dispensary near my house to pick up some in-between greenery while my batch cures longer, and theyre bud normally never had seeds....well this time one of the 1/8ths I bought is loaded with seeds... It's a really dark colored strain called "koolato"(pic of bud below) with a nice high. My question is- what could I expect from the seeds? Are they worth planting? Do I have good odds of them being femenized? Idk but I have 12 of them so any commentary would be cool.
Many of today's and yesteryears most famous strains were from random bagseeds.....

Every seed is a spin of the genetic wheel, so they could be something amazing, or something subpar, but you never know until you plant them.

Seeds form from pollen, either a nearby male pollen donor (regular seeds producing both male and female plants), or from a plant becoming intersex "hermie" and dropping poll which will grow all female plants (feminized).

I would say why not, plant it.... Its quite cheap to grow.. AND FUN :) and you might get something spectacular out of them. Worse case scenario it produces males which you don't smoke, or a "hermi" which isn't really desirable for most. Most "regular" seeds produce roughly around 50% male/female to 70%female/30% male... so the odds are in your favor for the most part :)

I see no problem with bag seeds most of my crazy grows have came from bag seeds the only risk I say with it. Is u won’t know if it’s a male or female

Hey Hap :ciao: hope your weekend is off to a good start.
Did you get the fuzzy dice clean.:rofl:
I just threw out 6 bran new Reg's, didn’t realize they were reg's until after I soaked them.
That's how much I love non feminized seeds with great genetics.
Seeds from a hermie will produce a hermie.
Do you want to risk 2 / 3 maby 4 months work to have a sack pop overnight and pollinate your entire garden.
It can happen, I'll testify personally. :eek:
Hence my aversion to anything not fully tested and guaranteed.
Just my 2 cents Amigo.
I've seen beautiful bag seed buds grown.
Just not a risk I'll ever take again.
You have a field away from your house you could put them, if you really want to pop them?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Ask the club where you got it. They might know exactly. Sounds pollinated or hermed. Def would not sprout that knowing it shot out 12 seeds in whatever amount you picked up. One seed out of say 200grams. I call Magic (whatever strain it is). So like right now I’m sitting on one super glue bag seed. Haven sprouted it yet. But it’s “magic” superglue. And if you able to just trade weed. Sound like a gray market shop. They’ll prolly have answers for you bro

Ask the club where you got it. They might know exactly. Sounds pollinated or hermed. Def would not sprout that knowing it shot out 12 seeds in whatever amount you picked up. One seed out of say 200grams. I call Magic (whatever strain it is). So like right now I’m sitting on one super glue bag seed. Haven sprouted it yet. But it’s “magic” superglue. And if you able to just trade weed. Sound like a gray market shop. They’ll prolly have answers for you bro
I know he goes to Cali and had it brought back to NY ....so I'm not sure if I can find out. But the guys are cool they don't let everyone trade weed, they bought some of some seeds I won off me from a local contest I won a few months back so we built a relationship off that lol.
Hey Hap :ciao: hope your weekend is off to a good start.
Did you get the fuzzy dice clean.:rofl:
I just threw out 6 bran new Reg's, didn’t realize they were reg's until after I soaked them.
That's how much I love non feminized seeds with great genetics.
Seeds from a hermie will produce a hermie.
Do you want to risk 2 / 3 maby 4 months work to have a sack pop overnight and pollinate your entire garden.
It can happen, I'll testify personally. :eek:
Hence my aversion to anything not fully tested and guaranteed.
Just my 2 cents Amigo.
I've seen beautiful bag seed buds grown.
Just not a risk I'll ever take again.
You have a field away from your house you could put them, if you really want to pop them?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
Good morning bill, so yea I get the risks and time involved that's why I won't grow them inside where the thick ladies are lol.... So instead since I've broken down the whole 1/8....I have 27 seeds o_O ....that buy was a rip off lol but I'm just going to johnny pot-seed it and just drop em in the dirt in the woods (miles from home) and watch em for the summer. If they get stolen...who cares they're free....if not we'll see what happens.

I get seeds in my outdoor plants every year.
I like growing them out to see what I get. It really depends on whether or not you have enough from your other plants to play around a bit.
And whether or not you like hash in case you miss a male flower or two.

I get seeds in my outdoor plants every year.
I like growing them out to see what I get. It really depends on whether or not you have enough from your other plants to play around a bit.
And whether or not you like hash in case you miss a male flower or two.
Definitely going to play with em.... I just dropped 6 behind my work so I can monitor them.

IMG_20220521_071848932_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220521_071840348_HDR.jpg

I know he goes to Cali and had it brought back to NY ....so I'm not sure if I can find out. But the guys are cool they don't let everyone trade weed, they bought some of some seeds I won off me from a local contest I won a few months back so we built a relationship off that lol.

Good morning bill, so yea I get the risks and time involved that's why I won't grow them inside where the thick ladies are lol.... So instead since I've broken down the whole 1/8....I have 27 seeds o_O ....that buy was a rip off lol but I'm just going to johnny pot-seed it and just drop em in the dirt in the woods (miles from home) and watch em for the summer. If they get stolen...who cares they're free....if not we'll see what happens.
27 in an eighth. Woah! That’s not common practice out here. Lol. Unless breeding. But you think he bought lbs of seeded flower to bring all the way from Cali risking all those penalties of federal law. For ever state line crossed. You better let him know he got ripped off. Or he straight lied to you.

27 in an eighth. Woah! That’s not common practice out here. Lol. Unless breeding. But you think he bought lbs of seeded flower to bring all the way from Cali risking all those penalties of federal law. For ever state line crossed. You better let him know he got ripped off. Or he straight lied to you.
Yup for sure I saved a small nug that I can clearly see seeds in to show them next time I go.... I agree to many for an 1/8....but at $30 a pop can really bitch..... especially since this green gets me blazed after two hits....and since it's gets me soooooo high that's why I'm curious about the seeds.

I've spoken to the owners about how and who they get it from... They said a private grower....and they either ship discreet or pack a beater with sound muffling material ;) :cheesygrinsmiley: so they're pretty low key with it. I've been trying to talk the owner into growing his own and letting me help him start....he's nervous about local laws so he's hesitant.

Yup for sure I saved a small nug that I can clearly see seeds in to show them next time I go.... I agree to many for an 1/8....but at $30 a pop can really bitch..... especially since this green gets me blazed after two hits....and since it's gets me soooooo high that's why I'm curious about the seeds.

I've spoken to the owners about how and who they get it from... They said a private grower....and they either ship discreet or pack a beater with sound muffling material ;) :cheesygrinsmiley: so they're pretty low key with it. I've been trying to talk the owner into growing his own and letting me help him start....he's nervous about local laws so he's hesitant.
Lmfao. He’s nervous about growing. But not buying lbs to sell from California. That’s ass backwards. Lol. Does he know buying discreetly (means he’s already admitted to knowing it’s wrong) from across 11 state lines is 11 drug trafficking felonies for the seller and buyer obviously gonna get raided with that packaged tracked. (If that were to happen. It’s actually quite rare). He’s a lot safer growing his own medication for his shop.

Since 1966 I have grown bag seeds. Back in the day all our seeds came from bags of pot we purchased. I have had some crap weed and some great weed from such seeds. I recently had a couple hermies make seeds and grew them out and they were every bit as good as the parent plants. I started 12 seeds and 8 made it to harvest and they were free! Amazing to me was all 8 were females, but two of those had male flowers pop up ( Missed by me until harvest) and made a few more seeds to try again! The original seeds for those plants were a gorilla glue cross feminized seeds. Good luck!

Here are 2 random bagseed I got from a friend, who just bought a regular sack of some low grade brick weed. I decided to plant them to see what they popped.... (the 2 tall plants in the photo). One of them was very very good, smelled and tasted like pink bubblegum and was one of the densest plants i've grown in while. The other was ok, still smoked good but wasn't as visually pleasing.... I honestly wish I would have kept a clone of her, it was a real treat. I still have 1 or 2 seeds of these left that I haven't popped yet... both of the ones I popped were female.

I seldom have pot with seeds in it nowadays. But ,when I do I seldom waste the seeds. Sometimes it is better than the pot it came from. I once cloned a plant for a couple years from a bag seed plant. It's worth a try. Also, had some Hawaiian ( not sure of the lineage but said to be from Vietnam about 1968) that had some very large seeds and planted them, it was the best pot I ever grew and It was one of my first grows outdoors in the 1960's and I did everything wrong and harvested it too soon, so I did not get any seeds, even though at the time, I did not know a young male plant from a female. I wish I had cloned it or grew seeds! I have bought seeds that were a disappointment as well. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Back
Top Bottom