My drying room idea... fyi

MinniBratt

so i was racking my brain trying to figure out how i can get the most drying space from my room.. i have a open space on the other side of my grow closet about 2x2 ft..which i was originally going to use for a mother...but later changed my mind..So now i have this unused space...
Currently i have a fan/blower i bought at wal-mart...which i used to force air into the room through out my grow. about $45-$60 prices very online...
blower_fan.jpg

I experimented by hanging a cola to see how well it would dry...and it worked great..well ventilated, since i have the fan/blower at the bottom all the air is forced into the GR and filtered then out to the attic...SWEET right!!

After checkin online...prices, methods, availability....
I really felt comfortable with a sweater drying rack..I liked the quality at target(metal/ a simple click assembly) rather then what they had at wal-mart (wood/not as sturdy..+the one i bought was missing a side to assemble..returned it)

drying_rack.jpg

But instead of leaving it the way it was designed to be use..i figured i could get more drying space if i stood it up..

So this is how it looks
IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_25351.JPG

The blower is concealed with a blanket to stop any light leaks in..

The lil things at the bottom are the Damp-rid closet dehumidifier i had to use during flowering because my RH was pushin 65-80 at times..I recommend it if you are having problems with humidity too.. found it at Home DePot in the paint section.. most of the RH problem was due to outside/climate humidity, so i put some of them there to dehumidify the air before it enters the GR...And some more inside the GR to further dehumidify the air..
dampRid.jpg

I just thought i would share my idea....if it helps..great!
What do you think?

cool idesa but I have found I can hang some real serious bud in a tight space using binder clips and those modular wire racks you can pick up at target.

see below..

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

SInce they are modular you can put them in any config that fits your space. After the harvest in these pics I actually skipped every other lateral wire to make for a 2 foot hanging space so I could keep the colas longer. that was just preference though. Works great either way. You could even place a small pc fan on top if ypu are to high RH and dont want to risk mold. I havent had any troubles this way. :peace:

hey thanks for the idea McBudz, i have some of those racks already:cheesygrinsmiley: omg thats gonna save some time

Damn put me to shame....

I almost went with those..but i wasnt sure if once cut,if they would fit or be too long..

how long does it take to dry..they look a lil crowded..

About 3-4 days hanging then they get tumbled in glass jars for another few days then get spread out on a table for 12-24 hours until they are of proper spongy dryness then jarred airtight.

NEW question:
ok so what i did was Hang Dry them for about 3-4 days or til the stems snaped..then i half filled the qrt size mason jars..i have been burping them everyday for the last 3 1/2 weeks..so i went to try them to see if they are ready..they smoke nice not to harsh anymore getting smoother..
But i get a slight headache about 2 mins later...Is this from the chlorophyll or did i not flush them good enough??? I dont know....???
Can anyone offer some insight???

Try leaving the jar open for 2 hours and then close it for 12. I did that with excelent results. Frankly, yes the headache could be from not flushing long enough. Leave it to dry and cure a bit longer and see if it helps.

NEW question:
ok so what i did was Hang Dry them for about 3-4 days or til the stems snaped..then i half filled the qrt size mason jars..i have been burping them everyday for the last 3 1/2 weeks..so i went to try them to see if they are ready..they smoke nice not to harsh anymore getting smoother..
But i get a slight headache about 2 mins later...Is this from the chlorophyll or did i not flush them good enough??? I dont know....???
Can anyone offer some insight???

I feel like if you hang dry until the stems snap for 3-4 days they dries too quickly and you did not have enough time to convert chloro to sugars. I hangdry until about 30% moisture (stems will still bend a bit) then clip buds into open 1 gallon jars about half way full. Then lay the jars on their sides (still open) and roll them 1/4 turn every few hours. This packs the buds up nicely from the weight of them lying on each other.. Once you are a decent bud density from drying and compaction layout out on newspaper ona table until they are properly dry (spongy dry, not brittle turn to dust dry.)

the longer you draw out the drying process the sweeter the buds will smoke. Just dont take too long as you may risk mold. just keep air around them but dont blow air steadily across them. Sounds complicated just have to get the feel for it.

Back
Top Bottom