My electric bill is too much.

CFL's are great and they do cut the cost. I replaced about 1/2 of my lights with them until someone at our local elect. coop gave out the new GREENLITE's. They run on 15W instead of your reg. 60W bulb and give off 5000K lumins. Here in Alaska they come in handy in the winter to combat the perpetual darkness and they are great for simulating sunlight which helps to fight the depression that some people get when away from the sun. I have now replaced all the cfl's and the other lights with these and saved over $100/mo on my bill.

With MV running two rooms both with Floros and HPS & MH it saved what those lights were using. I am currently looking for them to replace my 4ft & 8ft floros and hope to cut it down by another $100/mo by the end of the year.

When our bill was currently between $350 & $425 :yikes: thats a big savings! I think when I finally get them all replaced we will show an even bigger savings. :phew:

You can get more info here GreenLite. For Canada GreenLiteCA

Hope that helps you out too.

:nomo:

Ok i know this isnt the most legal thing but i figured id throw it in here anyway.your house has a meter that reads how much power your using. most houses have the old meters with the clip type design lock. ( easy to tamper with) ....there is a wheel that constantly spins in that meter. there is a scwew in there that controlls the speed ( usuage ) of the wheel. slowly month by month adjust the screw. it will slow down the wheel ( usage of power ) thus lowering your elec bill. Just dont do it drastically at one time...

Its amazing the things you learn when your a very young child.

lol, ya I wasn't gonna go into the illegal stuff.... but since you mentioned it, I met a girl once who had actually stolen an entire meter from an abandon run-down home... she would simply run the stolen meter for half the month and then swap it out up until the meter reader came........
good idea but she wasn't doing to grow or anything just to pinch pennies.
personally i'd think you'd have to have brass balls to incorporate the two......:peace:

hahah my dad did that too and it actualy works. I wasnt going to go that far but it really does work... he never got caught. your bill shows when the meter man comes and he couldnt get in our yard because of the gate if we werent home... jsut switch them out before the meter man comes. just run it a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom