My experience with Herbies

Jajunk

Not a good one so far to say the least.. I ordered online and used a bank transfer, which was a bit confusing because my stupid bank estimated some fees, which they then showed that it would be subtracted from the amount the vendor would receive. Long story short, I overpaid Herbies by like $15.

I ordered on 8/7/19 and it looked like the payment went through the next day. I contacted them over their website help window the next day just to make sure the money went through okay and to add a small seed pack for the extra I had sent over (not sure where they are getting their exchange rate BTW, it was way over the standard US dollar to pound rate). I also emailed them on the 7th to verify payment.

Waited for a couple of days for a confirmation of filling the order and tracking number for shipment... and got nothing... maybe that seems too short for some, but I've dealt with other seed banks that fill almost immediately or let you know if there will be a delay and work with you. I go back online just to make sure they didn't need anything else for me etc, and they tell me one of the strains is out of stock that I ordered and they are waiting for a shipment but it should be in that day or the next. Okay, fine. I really wanted that strain so I'd wait. It would've been nice to know upfront, but okay..

Well, another few days go by and I contact them again, the strain still hasn't arrived so I ask to switch it. They agree and everything seems to go well and that's that.... until they then tell me another strain I ordered is now apparently out of stock. So I ask to switch that... they agreed and said it would be processed and shipped out the next day because it was too late for today (BTW, both strains were still listed as "In Stock" on their website). Great, I'll wait and look for a confirmation email with confirmation and tracking, which they said the would send when it ships. Next day, nothing. I email them asking for confirmation later that day, actually get a response the following day saying it is ready and going to be shipped out that day. The next day, nothing again.

So while they are available on the website chat, and are pretty good about getting back to you via the phone... I'm starting to think it's just lip service. I have no idea if anything has actually shipped or when I should expect it to.. while I like their options, especially smaller packs, I'm not finding their service very trustworthy or reliable.

Thank you for your review. It appears that both your bank and your chosen seedbank leave a lot to be desired.

The seedbank experience would have angered me - but the part with your bank would have worried me (and caused me to withdraw my funds & go find a better one). Imagine trying to pay your electric bill, lol. You instruct the bank to pay the full bill, it only pays part of it... And this time next month you're illuminating your grow room with candles.

Or else you end up overpaying the bill to ensure that their f*ck up doesn't short it - and your check to the water department bounces because of it.

They say violence is rarely the answer - but if it were legal to knock the sh!t out of those who screw with our money, well... There'd be a lot less questions ;) . . . .

Well, they did end up shipping them on 8/16 and arrived on 8/21. I had to ask for a tracking number but they provided it and was able to track it. They ended up filling my original order basically... so not sure if they were just waiting for them to ship or what... either way, it's not close to what the end order was, but I'm happy I got the original strains I wanted. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, but the shipping process seemed pretty legit. Will update on how the seeds come out.

Well, they did end up shipping them on 8/16 and arrived on 8/21. I had to ask for a tracking number but they provided it and was able to track it. They ended up filling my original order basically... so not sure if they were just waiting for them to ship or what... either way, it's not close to what the end order was, but I'm happy I got the original strains I wanted. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, but the shipping process seemed pretty legit. Will update on how the seeds come out.

Hello! Thank you for your thorough review. We recently moved to Spain and due to this reason we, indeed, had dispatching delays and issues with our stock. Please accept our apologies for inconvenience. By now are working on improving our services and we plan to be back on track in the shortest time possible.

Back
Top Bottom