My First AK-47 Grow

oh rite thanks mate the only prob i got is i aint got my HPS light yet till i get paid and i dont get paid for 3 more weeks. so im hopeing they dont get to high.and im hoping for a really big yeild and i have been told to get a big yeild u need to veg it for a long time i dont no if that is true or not? and my grow tent is 2 meters high so im hopine it is highernuff?.

oh rite thanks mate the only prob i got is i aint got my HPS light yet till i get paid and i dont get paid for 3 more weeks. so im hopeing they dont get to high.and im hoping for a really big yeild and i have been told to get a big yeild u need to veg it for a long time i dont no if that is true or not? and my grow tent is 2 meters high so im hopine it is highernuff?.

you should be fine with a 3m high tent, i just prefer to flower smaller for a faster turn around time. i can get 2-3 crops in about the same amount of time most get 1 from larger plants. I only vedged my plants for 9 days. My table will yield around 3/4 to a pound of dried bud. though AK is mostly sativa so the yield is smaller than a predominately indica strain. Still its got a high yield for a mostly sativa plant... I'm sure you'll be fine, keep up the good work!

OMG u can get a pound in 1 grow whats that in grams? and what do you do with your plants to get that sort of yeild?.

thats from my 18 site hydro table, aprox 453 grams in a pound. and i do almost nothing lol i trim off the shade leaves 2 times during flower and thats it. I don't do any kinda of training or anything. that just adds time to the grow. Though this time with the AK47 i'm expecting about 3/4 of a pound from my 18 site table, plus 2-3 more oz from my potted plants. So i'll be a Oz or 2 shy of a pound, but i have gotten just over a pound from my table alone with Indica strains, but like i said since AK is predominately stavia, yield isn't quite as good as a high yielding indica. But its close. Plus i should have flowered at 6 inches instead of 4.5, would have added another 15% to yield...

I just did a update you can see my progress in my journal.

sweet sounds good to me mate. what do you think my 4 plants would yeild or is it to hard to say?.

depends how big they are when you flower, if you trained them, how much lights you have and growing conditions... so its hard for me to guess, but yours look bushy and real healthy so while i cannot say what u would yield, i can guess it will be good amount! are you planning on using any flower enhancers or root zone enhancers during flower? or just base nutes? these do make a big difference when it comes to yield and overall rate of growth.

im going to be useing a 600 HPS light,temp around 75 with lights on and lights off around 70, humittedy around 50% im guessing the plant will be around 20 inches when i go to flower and im going to be useing Advanced Nutes Sensi Bloom A+B, with Big Bud.

cool, you should pic up some Bud Candy from AN aswell for flower, it brings out the best smell and oils from the flowers and add some size too. I use the same brand of nutes, this grow i used Sensi bloom A and B, plus big bud, bud candy,Piranha and voodoo juice. I definitely recommend picking up a root zone enhancer too, if you can only afford 1 get voodoo juice, its excellent for boosting root growth and helping the plants break down and absorb the nutes in your water. Plus its a N fixer, which is the most common problem in Hydro.

in my experience a 3ft plant at maturity will yield between 1 and 2 ounces of cured bud depending on the genetics/strain, that's without any training or special care.

sounds good mate i will look into it thx for the advise :) i was hopeing for my first grow to get 200 grams do you think that will be a bit much for my first go at it?.

I'd say thats a bit on the wishful thinking side, your probably looking at 28-40 grams per medium sized(3-3.5ft) plant. I'll have a better idea after i crop mine, its my first go at AK47 too so i'm not sure what the yield is really like...

I'd say thats a bit on the wishful thinking side, your probably looking at 28-40 grams per medium sized(3-3.5ft) plant. I'll have a better idea after i crop mine, its my first go at AK47 too so i'm not sure what the yield is really like...

oh rite i didnt think 200 grams out of 4 plants was a lot is there any think els i can do with my plants to get more or is that about it? or is it down to the type of plant i have? what the best strains that yeild the most.

oh rite i didnt think 200 grams out of 4 plants was a lot is there any think els i can do with my plants to get more or is that about it? or is it down to the type of plant i have? what the best strains that yeild the most.

Sativa dominant plants are generally lower yielding than indica dominant ones. Scrog is a great way to maximize yield per plant. as for best strains for yield theres so many high yielding strains that it can be hard to choose. Big Bud is a classic and pretty much the first strain to be bread specifically for yield. But there are MANY high yielding indicas out there, northern lights #5 is another good one. herd good things about heavy duty fruity. Personally my fav indica is Dutch Passions Mazar, it has a higher than average yield. Power plant is my fav sativa and has a high yield for being a sativa dominant plant. This AK47 is supposed to have one of the best yields for a sativa dominant plant. Guess we'll find out.

Who knows maybe youlk blow all of us out of the water with an unbelievable harvest. When you harvest regardless what you have youll be happy with it. Its fun so many things you can do with it. I hope you can get at least 100 grams each plant. Youve got some prettu bushy girls, alot bushier than mine were. mine were thin and tall (even with their indica background) but not bushy at all and im thinking ill get a good 80-100 grams, i did flower after like 9 weeks vegging though. Youll get plenty im sure

Either way your going to get some real righteous smoke, that much can be said for sure. probably waaay better than what you can buy off the street(generally)

What type of light and how many watts are you going to use for flowering? this will effect the yield.

Either way your going to get some real righteous smoke, that much can be said for sure. probably waaay better than what you can buy off the street(generally)

What type of light and how many watts are you going to use for flowering? this will effect the yield.

im guna get the super nova 600 watt with a red spectrum buld what do you think mate?

im guna get the super nova 600 watt with a red spectrum buld what do you think mate?

ya that will rock your plants man, just remember to grab yourself some yoyo hangers, i swear they make adjusting the light height sooo hassle free.

Oh i wanted to say too if your going to try to do many smaller plants next time around, get yourself a good mother plant and aerocloner and start a clone farm, this will reduce turn around time alot, my current grow will max out at about 70days total from rooted clone to finish(if everything goes as i think it will)

I got a good 36 site aerocloner on ebay for like $60, though it was hand made and not a name brand, but it works perfectly, so far i have a 100% success rate. In retrospect i could have made one myself, but what can i say i'm lazy LOL

ya that will rock your plants man, just remember to grab yourself some yoyo hangers, i swear they make adjusting the light height sooo hassle free.

Oh i wanted to say too if your going to try to do many smaller plants next time around, get yourself a good mother plant and aerocloner and start a clone farm, this will reduce turn around time alot, my current grow will max out at about 70days total from rooted clone to finish(if everything goes as i think it will)

I got a good 36 site aerocloner on ebay for like $60, though it was hand made and not a name brand, but it works perfectly, so far i have a 100% success rate. In retrospect i could have made one myself, but what can i say i'm lazy LOL

Thank's mate i do have the yoyo hangers but the light im useing at the momnet was to heavey for it so i had to get some chains.and after this grow im going to look rite into doing it your way.and this friday im going to start to flower them.just one thing i aint got the cash for 2 week for the big bud and bud candy will that be ok?? i read some were that u dont need it for the first 2 weeks is this true?.

Back
Top Bottom