My first grow leaf burn - Soil indoors under LEDs 14day flower - Advice needed - Newb

Tomula

Hello everyone on :420:! First time grower here! I have a problem with my plant, looks like a light/heat burn to me but I could be wrong as I am a newbie. My solution as for now is to buy second fan to pull the air in and out. Any feedback is welcome. Some info for you:
Strain: WW/Ak47 from Natural Seeds (Local seed supplier-got 6x fem. for 17 dollars)
Hybrid with Indica dominance.
Flowering for 14 days now.
Soil and nutes: Plagron Veg 3-1-3+ Bloom 2-2-4.
Feeding her full Bloom nutes atm. + small amount of Magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt)
She is in +-20L (+-6 gal) of soil.
PH: 6,5 is my nuted water, other than that my tapwater is 7.0.
Temps around 86F + .
Switched From HPS (which was super ultra hot) to 100x3 LEDs keeping them at 12in. Trying 14in now.
120mm PC fan outtake (74CFM) with my homemade air filter.
Room is 2x2x5 ft.

There are the pictures:
P1070763.JPG

And close-ups of new growth:

P10707671.JPG

P1070766.JPG

My overall setup. The carboard box is to help stream the hot air from sides of the LEDs to the top:

P1070764.JPG

I can supply more photos and any additional data. Thank you for any help. :Namaste:

Re: My first grow leaf burn. Soil indoors under LEDs 14day flower. Advice needed (New

It does look like LED light stress as the top canopy is showing the issue. I have a buddy with a 300w LED and he keeps it 16" or so away.

Re: My first grow leaf burn. Soil indoors under LEDs 14day flower. Advice needed (New

OK I will keep that in mind and put the LEDs further. Thanks.

I would get a small wall mounted oscillating fan and put it on your baby. Rotate her around every so often so the fan isn't always at the same angle to the plant. She will love you for it ;)

I'm having a similar problem with leaf burn that looks about identical to the photos you've provided. My problem is that I don't have any headroom left to raise my LED light any more. I've been thinking about putting a s
ingle layer of cheesecloth just below the light to act as a shade. Don't know if that will help or not but I can't think of anything else to do. Any suggestions for an alternative solution would be appreciated.

Re: My first grow leaf burn - Soil indoors under LEDs 14day flower - Advice needed -

I can tell you I have many 3w and 5w LED's and I have never had a 3w give any light burn even with the plant 2" off of it.

But I have little fans in my tents that keeps the air and plants slightly moving.

I think your box is hurting more then helping and I would put a small fan(not blowing right on the plant) down low.

If the plants have a slight motion to them. I have found they are less likely to burn under LED's.

Back
Top Bottom