My first grow - Please help!

jmills826

Ok guys this is my first closet grow week2 ,i only spent less than $50 for materials so far. Before i get started i jus wanna let everyone know i am gonna add a 400watt hps bulb when i get to flowering.
So anyway ... Btw these are all unknown genetics...As you can see they elongated and idk why, im watering when the soil is dry and cup is light which is every other day. Those are 4 and 2 cfls and 2 led. As you can see im using a basic soil,im keeping the temp around 75° and i do have alot of drainage holes in the cups. I did alot of research and did most stuff by the book jus in a more cheaper way...lol
Ok so what tips can you guys give me, what am i doing wrong and what am i doing right, when should i start giving nutes and what kind of nutes should i use?
Basically ill take all the advice i can get...PLEASE HELP... And i have a very small budget btw...srry
20170322_0802301.jpg
20170322_0803021.jpg
20170322_0802231.jpg
20170322_0802131.jpg
20170322_0802091.jpg
20170322_0802011.jpg
20170322_0801241.jpg
20170322_0801081.jpg
20170322_0745321.jpg
20170322_0745241.jpg
20170322_07445911.jpg

Try bringing the light as close to them as possible. I use florescent light for seedlings as they barely create an heat. Placing it right on top of them like 4 inches or closer and they stay short and build up girt in about 2 to:Namaste: 3 weeks. Do your lights get hot? I'd really consider getting the light as close as possible. Good luck. ;)

Im gonna add a few more cfls later today after the lights come bck on. Im gonna add a few 5600k bulbs all the others even the LED arw 2700k. I know it dsnt really matter but it might help to get a diff spectrum

Welcome to the forum Jmills, you will find an immense amount of knowledge here, and the most helpful growers you could ask for.
I agree with the general consensus here. Get the lights as close as possible. They are stretching cause they are trying to reach the light.
:goodluck:

First off a question, how long do you let your lights on every day?
Secondly, I notice the light you have is not suited for vegetative growth. You need cold temps color (the blue light cfl's). I see you have the warm color one which is normally used for flowering.

And the last thing, don't really worry, you can fix this when you transplant. Since I assume that won't be their last pots, when you transplant in a bigger one you can bury the stem as down as you can, just make sure they don't break until (I see you did great with tying them).

:circle-of-love:

I'd bring those lights just above the plants and leave them on for 24 hours a day for a week. Plants like to stretch in the dark. I find they always get too tall when you shut off the light. 18/6 works well, but for seedlings up to 10 days I find that it works best to keep the light on 24 hours. Place your hand over the plant and bring the light down until you feel the heat. If your hand is comfortable for a minute then the plants should be ok.

Someone told me to remove my aluminum/tin foil since it's a fire hazard. You should probably do the same. I replaced it with a reflective sun visor for the car. ☺

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Make sure you lights are HO first and foremost, 24 hours is optimal imo it prevents stretching as well as bringing the lights close as possible without burning. your plants are stretching for 2 reason, light source either too weak/too far or trying to find light in the dark period. id seriously abandon 18-6 and go 24. not gonna be much of a change with the elec bill using a few cfl's and your plants will be alot more happy.

Back
Top Bottom