My First Grow! SuperCloset 2.0 - Blackberry Kush x White Rhino

66splitbus

Ok here we go, my first grow! I’ve done a good bit of forum reading over the past couple months and finally pulled the trigger on a slightly used Supercloset I found on Craigslist. I live in SoCal near the ocean so the temps in my garage where the box is located should be ideal. ~70 degrees, 60% humidity usually with a good ventilation provided by a blocked off window with an exhaust fan blowing outward. I also have a water chiller added to the system to control the reservoir temp.

I got some great looking clones today and just finished placing them in their pots and mixing up my first batch of RO water with nutes. Im following the Technaflora Recipe for Success so hopefully I’ll have the same success with help from you all as well!

Right now I mixed up a batch of “transplanting stage” formula and will run this for 3 days. 10ml SugarDaddy and 10ml Root 66 per gallon of water, 15 gallons total in the reservoir. It took while for me to get the Ph to 5.9 but I think I have it finally nailed. The Ph Down im adding seems to sway a bit for the first couple hours before it settles in, at least it did for me. I also learned that RO water with no nutes doesn’t Ph test well with a digital tester. Once I added nutes the test results were much more consistent. Also, per the formula, I gave them a spritz of Thrive Alive B1 formula mixed with water. Is the B1 spray a one time deal or how often do you all spray the leaves?

I do have a couple more questions... How long and often do you all recommend I run the feeding pumps? Ive heard anywhere from 15 minutes every 4 hours to 15 minutes every 8. Pretty big difference, any thoughts? Second question, do the bottoms of the pots need to be in the nute solution? Right now they are about 1 inch from the water line but with the 4 big air stones blasting away the mist is definitely hitting the pots- no roots are visible yet outside the pots. Im running the lights at 400watts right now, 18/6 but can crank it up to 600 later on.

Here’s my stats on day 1:

Ph 5.9
234 ppm
57% humidity in the cabinet
74 degrees in the cabinet
68 degrees water/nute temp
18/6 light cycle @ 400 watts (is this ideal?)
15 minute every 6 hours hydro pump. (is this ideal?)

Any help or criticism appreciated!!!

DSC_5958_1.jpg

DSC_5957_1.jpg

DSC_5954.JPG

The Ph is actually a little lower now, right at 5.9

DSC_5948_1.jpg

DSC_5933.JPG

Underneath before nutes of course.

This morning a finished up a few mods. By turning the blue valve you can see in the first 2 photos I can drain the reservoir directly into the drain for my clothes washer. :) I also got an 11 gallon additional reservoir for my reverse osmosis system in the kitchen. By drilling a simple little hole I have and RO water line directly into the garage near the cabinet. I was thinking of eventually filling the RO water directly into the reservoir and adding the nutes then, is this a stupid idea? Will I stress the roots by adding straight up RO and then adding nutes and dropping the Ph or should I mixed it all up in jugs and add it?

Day 2.

I added 2ml Ph down this morning and another 2ml this evening. Ph keeps creeping up but im keeping it in check at 5.85ish

If anyone with a Supercloset ever reads this post, read this! https://forum.---------.com/hydroponic-growing/858991-supercloset-secret-society-sss.html

ok so that didnt work, try googling this, Supercloset secret society Its long, over 100 forum pages, Im not all the way through but wow, lots of info for the closet grower!

The waterline is about an inch from the base of the pots. Im feeding 4 times a day for 15 minutes- only while the lights are on. The 4 airstones are keeping the rockwool damp from underneath, again pots are 1" from the water line.

I bumped the light up to 500 watts. I dont have the cloning shelf so the bulb is a little further then I'd like.

DSC_5972.jpg

each of the following photos I shot with Nikon RAW format then adjusted the color temp in Photoshop. Originally they looked like the photo above.
DSC_5965.jpg
DSC_59641.jpg
DSC_59591.jpg

Day 4 - changed the water, switched from transplanting stage nute formula to veg formula per the Technaflora recipe for success.

I mixed up a 1/2 strength batch of the veg stage formula since the girls are looking a little wilted I didnt want to risk a burn.
The recipe I used per gallon, mixing 15 gallons total was:

35ml BC Boost
17.5ml BC Grow
5ml Thrive Alive B-1 Red
5ml MagiCal
15ml Sugar Daddy

Ph 5.75
TDS 450
76 degree cab temp
68 degree water temp
55% Humidity

My new iSpring RO system is totally bad ass, 7.0 on the dot with 005 ppm at the faucet. After I mixed the soup I had a Ph of 6.02- exactly as the recipe said I would which I then bumped down with just 2ml Ph down to 5.75.

Final note, I learned my shop vac sorta explodes when its reaches max water capacity! doah!

So the girls seem to be loving the new nute soup! Quite a bit of growth over the last 48 hours, roots are beginning to pop out of the pots.

I added 2tbs of humic acid and 2ml Oxygen Bloom both of which the original owner of the cab provided me with.

Here are the latest photos, color temp corrected to get rid of the yellow.

DSC_5983_1.jpg

DSC_5988_1.jpg

DSC_5984_1.jpg

DSC_5978_1.jpg

Thanks Wildbill! So far things are looking amazing!!

8 days into the grow, hopefully I can pickup the Co2 system I found on craigslist and get that added tomorrow to complete the project. Im still running 1/2 strength nutes and 400 watts of light.

Friday I'll change the soup to full strength and bump up the light to 500 unless someone has a better suggestion.

Here's my lovely ladies.

DSC_6023_1.jpg

DSC_6024_1.jpg

DSC_6030_1.jpg

Very sexy legs!

DSC_6028_1.jpg

On a side note, Dont get this shit on your hands!! The dude that sold me the cabinet threw in all his nutes including this Oxygen Bloom. Well I was straightening up my work area and after handling the yellow bottle I noticed my hand was a little damp. I smelled it and quickly realized it was hydrogen peroxide... no biggie right? Yeah well, I go upstairs to the kitchen and squeeze the bottle a little and notice a tiny drop forming at the bottom, -looks like I have a hole! Ok no biggie I'll just pour it into a different container which I did. Then I squeezed the bottle and heard what sounded like tiny crystals cracking. Huh, thats weird, maybe some crystals formed on the walls. Nope as I squeezed a bit more I realized the actual walls of the plastic had started breaking down and the bottle was cracking!! Oh thats not good, I should probably wash my hands... I look at my palms and they were WHITE! Like I put my palm in paint!! I tried to scrub it off, finally it did but left my hand sore and itching. 2 days later it still hurts! Apparently and obviously its an oxidizer, apparently a very strong one at that! lol

Dont get this on your hands!!
oxy.jpg

I'll call this "The Lonely Grow Journal" lol

A couple days ago I mixed up a new batch of nutes except now at full strength. The girls definitely are responding! Im also into the process of adding Co2. I found a sweet Co2 monitor, reg and cylinder on CL, hopefully tomorrow I'll have the tank filled.

I also added 2 tbs of humic acid to the 15 gallons of soup. Its a powder form and came without any dosage info, can anyone recommend a good dosage? I noticed the roots below the water level are a little black, this is the humic acid right?

Finally, made a trellis out of some stucco material, the photo is just a test fit as I wait for stronger magnets.

The Co2 isnt on but you can see my monitor and tubing going to each fan. My bottle will be filled in the morning. I glued magnets to the back of the Co2 monitor and some webcams for easy movement.
DSC_6046_1.jpg

This black stuff is normal right?? Humic acid Im hoping.
DSC_6043_1.jpg

Im going to lower the metal trellis to just above the PVC pipe. Any thoughts on pruning with that height?
DSC_6050_1.jpg

Well hopefully one day someone will read this and care... lol

Here are the latest photos, just got back from the last nute soup of vegging. The Co2 is working nicely but damn it goes quick! The pump for the chiller also got clogged with roots so we had a few days of non chilled water. A bit of algae formed quickly, hopefully getting the water back to 67 will kill it off.

Im going to try a little supercropping on a few of them. We'll see how it goes.

Any other pruning suggestions?

Few days ago...
DSC_6048_1.jpg

Today
DSC_6065_1.jpg

DSC_6066_1.jpg

This one will be my first supercrop experiment. Suggestions? Anyone?
DSC_6073_1.jpg

I'm sorry I missed your journal. I'm a fellow Supercloset owner who couldn't be happier with the results.;)
What were you final results? Are you still growing strong?

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom