My first grow!

GodOfPot

Hey all, new to the forums and first time grower! Been wanting to grow for over 20 years, wife gave me the go ahead finally :)

Still a few things I'm undecided on for now so will be looking for some advice here and there

Tent is a 4x4x6.5 (not sure of brand, was the only one I could find locally that wasn't $500+, seems everything up here is way over inflated)
Got 12 seeds planted in dixie cups right now with 75% promix seedling soil & 25% perlite - 2x Cuvee, 2x Jack Skellington and 8 mystery(I planted so many cause the mystery ones are from a friend who has had them kicking around for years so don't think I'd get them all to sprout, hoping to have 8-9 total sprout though)

Will then transplant them to 3 gal smart pots with 50% promix, 25% perlite & 25% vermiculite (Will probably continue to do this until I've found 1 or 2 strains I really like then regen a mother to make clones from and lower the total plant count down and use 5 gal smart pots instead) What's something good to use under smart pots so the water doesn't run through my tent and is easy to collect?

Am using a King Plus 1800W LED (to start, will probably add 1 more down the line if need be)

Going to be using a 6" inline fan with carbon filter and speed control (haven't decided which one percisely yet, still researching but will order very soon, open to suggestions of brands, looking for something on the quieter side) and a couple fans

Sill looking into which nutes I'll be using, it's going to more come down to cost/availability since up here(Canada) everything seems way too inflated at hydroponics stores, so will most likely be based on Amazon and what they have available for shipping in Canada

Wanted to SCROG but with their being so many different strains is this a real possibility or should I just wait until I've found a couple that I really like?

Still need a few pieces which will come soon(PH tester, light meter) open to some suggestions for a decent light meter that's not too expensive but would be decent for testing out my lighting area.

Anyways, that's it for now I guess. Always open to suggestions/advice and hopefully within no time I'll be able to contribute!

As I first time grower I recommend you keep it simple with proven soil and formulas. BTW that light is not even close to 1800w equivalent, uses 340w at the wall. So it might be 780w ish equivalent. If your going with budget lights, go with marshydro or vipraspectra my option.
af4041a1550a910b11137ed26ea3d08c.jpg

Went ahead and ordered the trio of GH nutes, seems to be in good supply up here. As for the light I know it's no 1800W equivalent, which I didn't expect it to be, however I did spend days researching and reading reviews on all sorts of models, seems to be worth a shot, if not I can switch it down the line, but it claims to push around 500+ PAR @ 36" iirc(on phone now so don't have chart access) but if it pushes even near the lumens/PAR it suggests it will @24" then I'll be pretty happy. Would love a suggestion for a decently priced light meter if anyone has any

Back
Top Bottom