My first hermie

yeah started to mention pollinate a few square miles deal but what I meant was move it out and keep plucking & inspecting for more but yes let’s face it stray weed pollen is only gonna increase
Well I have one more of the same strain from seed that I flipped today.
I also have one clone. I will watch them like a hawk.
In a way I am kind of hoping it's genetic because I can't figure out what I did wrong

I have another one for you.
G13
7 week in flower
Soil
LED lights
The leaves usually turn yellow at the end but these look kind of crispy. No pests, I checked.
This plant had some issues with nitrogen tox a few weeks ago. I flushed it.
All other plants in flower room doing well.
20210710_121826.jpg

I've often wondered if the Hermie is on one branch only can you eliminate it by cutting off the branch. If not then I am guessing that it is a systemic hormonal anomaly. In which case I would presume it would just pop up somewhere else?

I have another one for you.
G13
7 week in flower
Soil
LED lights
The leaves usually turn yellow at the end but these look kind of crispy. No pests, I checked.
This plant had some issues with nitrogen tox a few weeks ago. I flushed it.
All other plants in flower room doing well.
I'm curious about how you identified nitrogen toxicity, normally the visual on that is super deep dark green, are you saying this plant went from deep dark green to nearly fully yellow in a few weeks? Did you stop feeding it after you flushed it ?

I'm curious about how you identified nitrogen toxicity, normally the visual on that is super deep dark green, are you saying this plant went from deep dark green to nearly fully yellow in a few weeks? Did you stop feeding it after you flushed it ?
It was very dark green, shiny and clawing down.
I flushed and lightly fed her.
I did not stop feeding her

I had a couple of Gorilla Girl XL Autos that did exactly that. I thought it was rust at first, then thought it was over watering. Went to harvest and it Smoked fantastic. Still don't know what it is or was and I grew up in a nursery business and was a Landscape Nurseryman/ Landscape Designer for most of my life and I still don't know what it is or was. I'd be more worried how the flowers are right now at 7 weeks of flower. You're in the home stretch! They're going to cannibalize the leaves about this time in most cases anyway. So with me, I just defoliated as needed and went on to harvest in my case. This whole indoor thing and artificial light is all new to me and it's mainly the difference in the transpiration rates that throw me off. And so like a rookie I over water sometimes.

P.S.If you have Nitrogen toxicity I would not Fertilize. You're just putting more salts in the wound, I mean soil! You need to put some Microbes ( Mycorrhizal and some sulfur free Molasses) back in the soil on the last flush to stimulate the Microbes that break down the nutrients and cause the Nitrogen to be metabolized better in the medium. Light and Moisture indoors is where I'm ignorant about, but basic soil principles remain the same. A fertilizer is basically a salt. the overall good it does when applied outweighs the burn. Over fertilize and the roots burn and bloat up. So the pressure inside the roots is pressured up and since roots feed like an eye dropper (collapsing and expanding to draw in fluids), the roots can't feed no matter how much H2O you give it. Also the higher the organic matter decomposing in your grow will create a bacterial food chain that will even compete for nitrogen in the soil at times. Microbes only untill a few days before Harvest. My suggestion

P.S.If you have Nitrogen toxicity I would not Fertilize. You're just putting more salts in the wound, I mean soil! You need to put some Microbes ( Mycorrhizal and some sulfur free Molasses) back in the soil on the last flush to stimulate the Microbes that break down the nutrients and cause the Nitrogen to be metabolized better in the medium. Light and Moisture indoors is where I'm ignorant about, but basic soil principles remain the same. A fertilizer is basically a salt. the overall good it does when applied outweighs the burn. Over fertilize and the roots burn and bloat up. So the pressure inside the roots is pressured up and since roots feed like an eye dropper (collapsing and expanding to draw in fluids), the roots can't feed no matter how much H2O you give it. Also the higher the organic matter decomposing in your grow will create a bacterial food chain that will even compete for nitrogen in the soil at times. Microbes only untill a few days before Harvest. My suggestion
Thank you for your detailed response.
This strain always turns yellow in week 7. This time it happened really fast, and the leaves are crispy. This particular plant had issues throughout the grow.
I was away for 3 days. I tend to think that the lights might have caused it. I rotate my plants, and she might not have liked her new spot.
Anyway, I am not feeding her anymore because it's close to harvest. The buds seem to be doing ok so she should be able to finish.

Hey welcome aboard Rickeyrollin!

Gabby - you have gorgeous fat chickies, hard to tell how much is natural senescence but IIRC mag is a key that unlocks chlorophyll production
Thank you. The girls have been getting fatter since I added 2 more lights. I might have over done it a bit and this plant is warning me.
The G13 turn beautiful fall colors before they finish. Here is one of them I harvested last month.

20210607_172130.jpg

Hi, I've just had to cut 4 plants (Vision Seeds Wedding Cake) about 3 weeks early as they started to produce seeds at the internodes! This is the second time that this has happened, the last crop almost completely wasted because I took my eye off the ball. I don't think the plants turned hermie as there was no indication of male flowers anywhere. My research so far has thrown up results suggesting stress may have caused it but all through the grow the plants looked thriving, no yellowing or curling of the leaves etc. I grow in coco fibre and perlite at 70%/30% ratio and feed to EC of between 1.6 - 1.8 daily. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I've just had to cut 4 plants (Vision Seeds Wedding Cake) about 3 weeks early as they started to produce seeds at the internodes! This is the second time that this has happened, the last crop almost completely wasted because I took my eye off the ball. I don't think the plants turned hermie as there was no indication of male flowers anywhere. My research so far has thrown up results suggesting stress may have caused it but all through the grow the plants looked thriving, no yellowing or curling of the leaves etc. I grow in coco fibre and perlite at 70%/30% ratio and feed to EC of between 1.6 - 1.8 daily. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

you may have a grower nearby who let a male plant go.

also it can be a bitch if you live near commercial hemp farming. i know of a few folk who get screwed over due to hemp farming. they've learned to cope, but i don't know how they do it.

As far as I know, seeds can't happen without pollen. Whether the pollen is male or female doesn't seem to matter, but both types of pollen are created in the same way, in the same kind of structure on the plant. If you are certain nothing inside of your tent produced the pollen, that means you had to have brought it inside with you somehow.

That said, are you sure it was/is seeds?

Aye, they're seeds right enough. Only thing I thought of was that I kept the skylight open a bit and left the tent door open to let fresh air in, maybe got pollinated that way. I'll not be doing it again! Thanks for your input mate.

Plants are all down now so no pics. Aye, I've had reg sent instead of fem once but saw it on the pack and got replacement. As I say, I'll be ultra careful now, thanks

Back
Top Bottom