My First Journal - Three Days Into Flower with my Purple

sir blackalot

here we go with my first journal. if i leave anything important out please let me know and i'll try to post it. right now i'm growing "purple moonshine" which is (from what the creator of it told me) is purple indica and dj short's moonshine. not sure of the indica-sativa ratio. i grew them from seed in a
2x4 closet under 2 sets of 4' 40w flourescent tubes using advanced nutes sensi a+b in rockwool. i'm using the hand dip method for water because that seems to work the best for me and i water every mon-wed-fri-and biweekly sat flush. i started them 70 days ago in 1.5 inch cube and went on to a dixie cup then to 4" square pot and finally to one gallon pots. i start at 600ppm's and work my way up to around 1400-1600 ppms by 200 every week. i keep my veg room at 65 degrees and 60% humidity. currently there's 7 plants at 1.5' tall. I just put them into flower 3 days ago. my flower room is 5x4 with 2-400w hps. i'm using a 2x4 table with a 40gal res. both veg and flower water is at 5.9ph. i'm using the sensi a+b flower solution. i just recently was told in another post of mine to start at 1000ppm's instead of the 600 i usually start flower with, thanks zierf! i try to keep the room at around 70-75 degrees at 50-55% humidity. it's not the best air cooled box for i'm renting a home and can't bust a bunch of holes or anything. my water schedule is twice a day and i change the res every week. biweekly i'll flush with a mild nute solution. i've had terrible problems in the past trying to figure out my hydro problems, but hopefully with this journal and the few pieces of advice i've gotten so far from this community i'll be able to finally have a first successfull hydro round. i'll try to post pics in the next couple of days. thanks for reading and all the help.

Re: my first journal-three days into flower with my purple moonshine

Day 8

i've already seen some difference with my crops thanks to some much needed advice from fellow members (too many too list, thanks to you guys!).

I've upped the ppm's to 1000 to start my flower
now using: Advanced sensi a+b
bud candy
carbo load
big bud
due to my layoff, still waiting to get the sensizyme.

i can't find any cal-mag solution here in the mile high. is there any substitution for the cal-mag or do i need to order it from advanced?

and how do i post pics? i'm not that computer savvy and i have some to put up but can't figure it out. thanks for reading and the help

22511.JPG
day ten for the girls and they're doing pretty well so far. i've up'd the ppm's to 1300 and they've seemed to respond alot better than my last round. lets just hope they stay that way.

i thought i did something wrong last night, thanks cozmo. if you want to see the pics i have them up in the gallery. maybe i might get it right today. as you can see, i aint too good with that there computer stuff.

day 14

operation de-ball in effect. within the last couple of days little boy parts are starting to show.

but the momma parts are looking good and so is the rest of the plant(s) except for some of the fan leaves are "canoeing" (i guess that's a word) some. any advice?

and has anyone ever seen a male part with female fingers sticking out of them?

to further assist you we need to see some pics ,thanks

day 19

everything seems to be fine except the canoe affect i'm having. it's happening midway up to the top of my plants. just in random spots though. any ideas? i hope my pic turns out. sorry if it doesn't
P2210301-400x400.jpg

P3130316-400x400.jpg
P3130316-400x400.jpg

P3110314-400x400.jpg

P3110313-400x400.jpg

day 38 with my girls. so far so good. the last couple of rounds i would of shown some type of something being out of whack. does anyone know how long flower time is for purple moonshine?

day 50 and so far so good. showing alittle overfert but its all good. my only issue is i virtually have no tops to my plants. maybe due to the overfert? or maybe got dusted by my experiment in the other room? not sure what happened but my bottom pieces are nugalicious. hopefully another 15 days.

well the girls finished at 65 days and i've done the best i've ever done. nugs are a tad whispy but oh well. it stinky, tasty, and damn near mind numbing. thanks to the people who actually chimed in on my post. i probably won't do another journal. after seeing 300 views and only 14 replys (11 being your own), its alittle discouraging. sorry but that's how i feel. thanks to all once again.

well the girls finished at 65 days and i've done the best i've ever done. nugs are a tad whispy but oh well. it stinky, tasty, and damn near mind numbing. thanks to the people who actually chimed in on my post. i probably won't do another journal. after seeing 300 views and only 14 replys (11 being your own), its alittle discouraging. sorry but that's how i feel. thanks to all once again.

congrats on completing your grow and best of luck on the next one. i know exactly what its like to do a journal and not get shit for input or views. saw this one just today as it was the moonshine that caught my eye. I am growing some blue moon rocks prob completely different as this is an early finisher, but damn it it's got moon in it so had to chime in.

Its awesome to share your journal and what not but I myself try to simply use them as a means to keep a journal for myself so I can keep track of who, what, when and where is goin on in my garden.

congrats on completing your grow and best of luck on the next one. i know exactly what its like to do a journal and not get shit for input or views. saw this one just today as it was the moonshine that caught my eye. I am growing some blue moon rocks prob completely different as this is an early finisher, but damn it it's got moon in it so had to chime in.

Its awesome to share your journal and what not but I myself try to simply use them as a means to keep a journal for myself so I can keep track of who, what, when and where is goin on in my garden.

thanks wize. it makes me feel good when someone takes some kind of interest in your posts. i'm going to take that advice and do another journal more for myself than anything else. blue moon rocks? sounds kinda tasty. what are the parent genetics?
btw, that spinning thing looks fresh!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

If you add photos with your updates and you will get 420% more attention and interaction. ;)

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom