My New Babies Have Popped Up!

Hey @Mcdoolit

Mind if I tag along? I'm always looking for good hydro journals to read.

The PPM rising is an odd one. Not sure if you've seen this, it's a good guide.
But not an answer all.

Are you using fresh hydroton or reused?

Any chance of light leaks? Non black airline going in, or any place light might be getting in?

You're in great hands with Dusty and Mustang
I think the high nute level is what caused it, but your doing all the right stuff.
20201011_161054.jpg

@Rexer in da house. This guy has lots of info
Thanks brother. You give me too much credit, you've got some amazing experience that I wish I had :Namaste:

It happens @Mcdoolit. I'm chasing a similar scenario.

When you decide to reintroduce nutes, make sure it's at lower level.

Also, to make your life easier, make sure your writing down exact amounts of what your feeding & when. It'll make you're next grow easier as you can look back at the numbers on this one.

Just don't make a bunch of changes at once, it's hard but patience is required after each change to see how it effected thing (i.e. better or worse). Too many changes will make you chase your tail.

Hey @Mcdoolit

Mind if I tag along? I'm always looking for good hydro journals to read.

The PPM rising is an odd one. Not sure if you've seen this, it's a good guide.
But not an answer all.

Are you using fresh hydroton or reused?

Any chance of light leaks? Non black airline going in, or any place light might be getting in?

You're in great hands with Dusty and Mustang
I think the high nute level is what caused it, but your doing all the right stuff.
20201011_161054.jpg

Sure and welcome!! I appreciate any expertise, because this only my second run. The hydroton was freshly ordered for this grow. I used vermiculite for my 1st grow.

My air lines are clear, so yep there is a chance light could be getting in.
I'll order some black airlines today, in the event it might be that!
Appreciate it! I'll check out this chart today. Great source of info!

Sure and welcome!! I appreciate any expertise, because this only my second run. The hydroton was freshly ordered for this grow. I used vermiculite for my 1st grow.

My air lines are clear, so yep there is a chance light could be getting in.
I'll order some black airlines today, in the event it might be that!
Appreciate it! I'll check out this chart today. Great source of info!
That chart got me through my 2nd run without asking for help.

You can paint, or even take a roll of electrical tape to it for now. But airlines can allow light leaks and bad algea to get a foot hold. I've had it happen, and seen it on other growers journals. It can cause some funky things.

That chart got me through my 2nd run without asking for help.

You can paint, or even take a roll of electrical tape to it for now. But airlines can allow light leaks and bad algea to get a foot hold. I've had it happen, and seen it on other growers journals. It can cause some funky things.
20210124_104748.jpg

20210124_104739.jpg

About to put electrical tape around those lines. Just finished my 1st scrog! I'm missing a couple pieces for the 2nd one, so I will finish it next week.
I lowered the water level on them both too. I think I had it a little too high.

20210125_184833.jpg

20210125_184810.jpg

Sad baby....well over the last 24 hours, it finally stopped getting worse. Ppm sitting around 70.
Should I do another complete resevoir change w just phd water?
Should I cut the dead leaves at the very bottom?
Or just leave for another 24 hours and see what happens?
How high is the water in the res from the bottom of the net cup? The hydroton looks wet on top...or is it just me?

Let the leaves be in my opinion, don't add any unnecessary stress.

How high is the water in the res from the bottom of the net cup? The hydroton looks wet on top...or is it just me?

Let the leaves be in my opinion, don't add any unnecessary stress.

I misted them because it looked so dry on top when I got home. The resevoir level on the sick one is just touching the bottom of the net cup. The healthier one has a little bit lower of a level and sitting at 200 ppm.

I misted them because it looked so dry on top when I got home. The resevoir level on the sick one is just touching the bottom of the net cup. The healthier one has a little bit lower of a level and sitting at 200 ppm.
It should look, and be dry on top. I'm no DWC grower, and hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong....lower your res level to about an inch ? below the net cup. Raise your airstone if you have to, but get the splashes to wet the bottom of the net cup.

Too wet up top will can cause dampening off. The roots should seek the water and grow down into it.

It should look, and be dry on top. I'm no DWC grower, and hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong....lower your res level to about an inch ? below the net cup. Raise your airstone if you have to, but get the splashes to wet the bottom of the net cup.

Too wet up top will can cause dampening off. The roots should seek the water and grow down into it.

Got ya, I can do that. I was worried not enough would get to the roots because they aren't as long as the other one. I had read in some places to top feed until they get long enough.

If you go into my journal, there was an amazing write up done by an incredibly talented grower on how to get started using those plugs and rockwool.
I've sprayed once or twice at start, but many don't. Bottom spray is best.

Edit- here's two great write ups on using those plugs.

Post in thread 'Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics' Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics

Post in thread 'Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics' Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics

Back
Top Bottom