My New Babies Have Popped Up!

If you go into my journal, there was an amazing write up done by an incredibly talented grower on how to get started using those plugs and rockwool.
I've sprayed once or twice at start, but many don't. Bottom spray is best.

Edit- here's two great write ups on using those plugs.

Post in thread 'Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics' Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics

Post in thread 'Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics' Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics

I appreciate it! I'll definitely read em!

Cool.
What about air flow? I like lots of air moving helps with water uptake.
She really looks over watered at this point.

Maybe somehydrogen peroxide with a light nute mix.
It will help clean everything out and add some oxygen to the roots.

I was thinking about the peroxide. Just worried to do anything at this point lmao. I have double the air flow my last run had. Each bucket has 2 air stones in it.
I'll lower the water level, stop top feeding and try the peroxide? I've never used it before, so I'll have some reading to do.

You can just use the stuff off the walyword shelf. I see you use hydrogaurd i wouldn't mix the two or get it directly on the roots out of the bottle.
When i mentioned airflow i ment like fans moving the air around the plant.
Agreed, the peroxide will more or less cancel out the Hydroguard.

You can just use the stuff off the walyword shelf. I see you use hydrogaurd i wouldn't mix the two or get it directly on the roots out of the bottle.
When i mentioned airflow i ment like fans moving the air around the plant.

Oh lmao, I have one oscillating little clip fan (I bought a secondary one, but just haven't put it in there yet) and one of the cheaper 4in inline fans off of amazon with my carbon filter.
I appreciate the pointers with the peroxide.

Oh lmao, I have one oscillating little clip fan (I bought a secondary one, but just haven't put it in there yet) and one of the cheaper 4in inline fans off of amazon with my carbon filter.
I appreciate the pointers with the peroxide.

If you go into my journal, there was an amazing write up done by an incredibly talented grower on how to get started using those plugs and rockwool.
I've sprayed once or twice at start, but many don't. Bottom spray is best.

Edit- here's two great write ups on using those plugs.

Just had a chance to read these...I kept telling my husband man, my first run started out so easy! Lol I was using vermiculite. I didn't know the hydroton could be so harsh for seedlings. Again, I appreciate the reads and new knowledge!

Agreed, the peroxide will more or less cancel out the Hydroguard.

Cool.
What about air flow? I like lots of air moving helps with water uptake.
She really looks over watered at this point.

Maybe somehydrogen peroxide with a light nute mix.
It will help clean everything out and add some oxygen to the roots.

Ok, so complete resevoir change, low nutes, no Hydroguard and add peroxide. I'll do that today. Lmao, if I save her....she will probably be a bot at this point.
Well hell, I put one of my girls through a little hell on my first run and she turned out okay....but trouble didn't start this young haha. Poor lil one.
All joking aside, you guys are awesome and I appreciate the gentle advice on a newbie. Some folks here can be a little harsh and make you feel like a complete jackass haha.

Last of my crop is curing and I have 2 new ones just pop. I can't put em in my buckets yet, because my clay pebbles won't be here until Wed. Excited to see what they do. I have 2 others I'm hoping will pop, but if not, I'll just run this cycle w the 2 I have. Hopefully they will both be girls Happy growing!!

20210104_165757.jpg

received_699889563944412.jpeg
I wouldn’t start seedling in a glass cup. There is no drainage and it’s hard to transplant I would imagine.

Sometimes i come off as a jerk. Dont even realize it. Thats what herks do right. :rofl:

Id just do peroxide for a week then if she bounces back go back to the hydrogaurd.

I think she will make it. As long as there is new growth it is trying.

So a website I read says 5 tblspoons of peroxide for a 5 gal bucket. Is that right?

It says equal parts for a spray.

If the water level is below the net, do I need to spray the net with the solution too or just put it in the resevoir and no spray?

They are looking much better. Did it for both of them, because the other one was starting to yellow as well and not very perky.
It was either from not cleaning my equipment adequately enough or a light leak. I need to cover the net pot I think.
You suggested a week, but I wanted to double check.....I was reading somewhere to redo the peroxide like every 2 days?

Back
Top Bottom