My New Babies Have Popped Up!

Hows thangs
Not looking good lol. No new root growth & leaves yellowing still.....so I went ahead and dropped new seeds.
I bought solid black air tubing and I'm going to use vermiculite...maybe along with the hydroton.
Plus sterilize buckets and air stones....
Anything else u can think of I need to change for the new ones?
I appreciate u checking in!

20210209_055202.jpg
20210209_055210.jpg

I honestly thought they would just die lol, but I'm seeing new root growth. I covered the clay pebbles with vermiculite to see if that's what was causing the light leak.
They might make it through, but not sure if they will end up being males or hermies bc of all the stress as a seedling.
I just left them, because I threw some new seeds down anyways, so I was suprised to see they were still alive lol.

20210215_200920.jpg
20210215_200913.jpg

Well, here r w these 2 naughty ones. After my last dose of peroxide, I didn't touch them for like a week. I left them running though, but truly thought there was no way they would pull through.
One still isn't as healthy as I would like, but maybe it'll be aight.

Top one is bouncing back nicely, how's the PPM/EC? I bet she's hungry.

How's the res temps been?

Top one is bouncing back nicely, how's the PPM/EC? I bet she's hungry.

How's the res temps been?

I still have the ppm at 100-120. I have been scared to give them more nutes lol.. Think I should bump up now for both of them? How much would u suggest?

To be honest, I've been lazy and haven't checked res Temps. I'm sure that's a big part of it.
I did diligently in my 1st grow, but noticed it never really changed a lot.
I'll start back doing it, so I can better help with em.

I still have the ppm at 100-120. I have been scared to give them more nutes lol.. Think I should bump up now for both of them? How much would u suggest?

To be honest, I've been lazy and haven't checked res Temps. I'm sure that's a big part of it.
I did diligently in my 1st grow, but noticed it never really changed a lot.
I'll start back doing it, so I can better help with em.
I'd say give the top one a small bump (20~40 ppm) and see how she does.

The bottom one, don't bump yet? Has there been rises or falls in the PPM?

Temps play a huge role, from making sure its not too hot (especially when running sterile) to not too cold (around 16C and below nutrient uptake issues start). I personally like it around 19C~20C, but I think most aim for 18~19C). If you got hydroguard or Orca, then run the warmer side.

They're both well on the road to recovery :high-five:

I'd say give the top one a small bump (20~40 ppm) and see how she does.

The bottom one, don't bump yet? Has there been rises or falls in the PPM?

Temps play a huge role, from making sure its not too hot (especially when running sterile) to not too cold (around 16C and below nutrient uptake issues start). I personally like it around 19C~20C, but I think most aim for 18~19C). If you got hydroguard or Orca, then run the warmer side.

They're both well on the road to recovery :high-five:

I appreciate the advice! No, actually the ppms stabilized after the first peroxide dose.

I appreciate the advice! No, actually the ppms stabilized after the first peroxide dose.
Hey no worries its my pleasure! I'm not a very experienced grower, but am always willing to share what tid bits I know!

Then unless a more experienced grower (which isn't hard to find!) thinks otherwise I'd say bump the top, hold steady at the bottom. Make sure bottom PH is good. The yellowish leaves on top looks deficiency aka "hunger" in this case lol.

The bottom looks like a very dark green, meaning she's heavy on the N, let her catch up if she's not leaching and raising your PPM. Once she starts dropping your PPM a day or two consecutively consider a small bump for her.

Hey no worries its my pleasure! I'm not a very experienced grower, but am always willing to share what tid bits I know!

Then unless a more experienced grower (which isn't hard to find!) thinks otherwise I'd say bump the top, hold steady at the bottom. Make sure bottom PH is good. The yellowish leaves on top looks deficiency aka "hunger" in this case lol.

The bottom looks like a very dark green, meaning she's heavy on the N, let her catch up if she's not leaching and raising your PPM. Once she starts dropping your PPM a day or two consecutively consider a small bump for her.

Awesome help! Temps are right around 66F. I check PH sitting around 5.5-5.8. I'm using the ph test indicator drops. I have a meter, just haven't busted it out yet lol. I'm going to add some nutes tonight to the other one.
It's crazy how one is at 110 ppm and the other 120 ppm and there is such a difference in how they look.

Awesome help! Temps are right around 66F. I check PH sitting around 5.5-5.8. I'm using the ph test indicator drops. I have a meter, just haven't busted it out yet lol. I'm going to add some nutes tonight to the other one.
It's crazy how one is at 110 ppm and the other 120 ppm and there is such a difference in how they look.

U think 110 to 160 is good for now? Or more?
Maybe see how it does for 24 hrs?

Oh think of it as them expressing their individuality.

Aim for 150 on the one res, and leave the other at current PPM.

The one that has the lower PPM? Leave her get a full PH drift up to 6.5.

Back
Top Bottom