My New Medical DWC

OnThaDL

I just popped some beans and thought id show my process. Maybe it can be of a lil help for others and maybe i can learn a few new things in the process either way im looking forward to something new, feels kinda refreshing. Sometimes grow just gets old and we need to do things to reignite the grow flame and get excited about growing again nothing more, nothing less lol so lets get our DWC on..
And thanks for haveing me 420Magazine!:thumb:
Plz bare with me as im trying to learn how to use the photo album.

Well id like to keep it right here honestly im not much worried about reaching a more broader grow audience as much as im more interested in shareing ideas about my grow style so i figured posting up in the DWC section seemed more fitting...
This wont be a grow journal persay but more of a thread to showcase various methods i use in my grows if that makes sence...

And thanks for the welcome Colorado High much apprechiated :)

Good stuff thank u Again for the nice welcome CH i will try n stop by ur grow and check it out soons i get this picture thing figured out if i ever do lol i think i got it tho kinda!!

So i use Rapid Rooters germinateing seeds in Dwc or whatevers equivelant. I have used just about everybodys brand now and they all work the same for me. I like to soak my beans in water overnight and then they go into a papertowel to grow taproots for a couple few days, or until i get a 1/2"-1" tap whichever comes first then i crack them open set the beanling down in so the helmet sits just above the top of the Rooter like this...
image5174.jpg
image5173.jpg

Then onto the wet hydroton, I am useing a 10gal shallow tub here filled the tub just above the bottom of the netpot so the airbubbles are keeping the rock plenty wet enuff(no need for a pump and drip line here :) )
image5172.jpg

I set my Rooter plug down onto the wet rock and backfill like this here
image5171.jpg

And this was yesterday and completes the set up of my new tub and my practice run with the pix lol hope it works and thanks for watching!

Very nice. So you just gave me an appifiny , a duh one at that lol, I like that you put your substrate in first until the water line then add a litle more then the plant giveing it an easy time finding the water. I know its duh but for some reason i was completely overthinking it.

Yessir u only need ur sponge moist the point is for it not to dry out ur money comes when those roots hit the water thats what ur trying to accomplish realisticly just get the roots to the feed they will find it the worst thing i see peeps doing when starting a dwc or any hydro is oversaturateing the medium and shocking there beans out.
There is a such thing as overwatering in hydro its overwatering the medium when ur beans or cuts are rooting.
And its overwatering your roots once the plant is established that top thrid of the roots want to breath if u keep ur water level below the bottom of the net pot once established u should see massive growth and not have to worry about rot in the rock as well.
Glad u like doc worse thing we can do is overcare they pretty much grow themselves but i have learned a few tricks overtime to make it a little easier i suppose i learned the hard way lol. Stay tuned these things will be blowing up next couple weeks for sure!
Peace

Back
Top Bottom