My plant's root is a red brown color but more towards a red color - Is this normal ?

popolino77

i planted x2 early miss auto flowering plants 9 days ago and they only grew for the first 3 or 4 days and almost stopped completely since because i over watered them. i have been trying to bring them back to health. today i was examining the plants and i noticed that the roots are a red brown color but more towards a red color and the roots have white fuzz towards the top of the root, is this normal or are my plants sick ?

20151031_131551.jpg

That's the plants STEM not it's ROOT. I was very confused and concerned when I read the topic title :thedoubletake:
For 9 days old she looks about right. Picture isn't very clear, but looks like she's om her 2nd set of true leaves.
Don't worry about the stem looking red. It's very strain dependent. Some stems are immediately red, some go red after many weeks or months and some stay green throughout.
:goodjob:

Some strains are more red/purple than others.
It looks OK so and too young to be throwing much in the way of nutrients at her. I'd let her ride.
The fuzzy stem is normal.
FYI, that's not the root. That's the plants main stem aka SAM (shoot apical meristem)

Some strains are more red/purple than others.
It looks OK so and too young to be throwing much in the way of nutrients at her. I'd let her ride.
The fuzzy stem is normal.
FYI, that's not the root. That's the plants main stem aka SAM (shoot apical meristem)

lol , i thought that was the root. so does the stem and leaves look healthy ? i was worried because i know i over watered the plant and it only grew for the first 3 or 4 days and almost completely stopped growing since

lol , i thought that was the root. so does the stem and leaves look healthy ? i was worried because i know i over watered the plant and it only grew for the first 3 or 4 days and almost completely stopped growing since

The plant looks healthy and fine. At this stage the plant is growing a root system and using more energy to make roots than grow up, give the plant a little water every 3-4 days (lightly) with 6.5pH water and the plant will slowly take off. When the plant gets two (2) more sets of true leaves, you can start feeding a low EC/ppm of nutrient solution in the range of EC 0.5-0.6 / 250-300 ppm.

Back
Top Bottom