Is this normal

Luisdayuso

Hello all I’m growing fem LSD strain it’s been a week as of today I keep temp at 77 and humidity 70-75 I’m using a 600 watt led light. I have only feed the plants water. Is this normal for stems to be this high what should I do sorry that the pic is red

7749F5B8-DA38-4A9C-B715-4E68B754A04F.jpeg

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Luisdayuso

It looks like everyone got you squared away, so when your ready to start a grow journal, here's the link.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to will free grow stuff.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

So you only need around 2-300 W in a 2x2 (assuming feet)
A Mars TS600 will do you, or Vipar also do a 300w FS burple (overkill)
If you buy a burple, a blue/red switch is surprisingly handy
It should hang 12-24" above the canopy, you should not feel any heat on the back of your hand, as a guide

Hello all I’m growing fem LSD strain it’s been a week as of today I keep temp at 77 and humidity 70-75 I’m using a 600 watt led light. I have only feed the plants water. Is this normal for stems to be this high what should I do sorry that the pic is red
Luisdayuso, please re-up the pic of your plant, It failed to develop.
Spark up

Being an outdoor grower, I can only take a guess, I'm thinking your light is too high and the plant is reaching. Perhaps lower the light closer to the plant.
Then again it is only an assumption.
Good luck

Yup, they are reaching, looking for light... :hookah: What light are you using? How high is it above the plants?

I don't know everything about your conditions here -- but on sight I agree with everyone concerned about light intensity and PAR absorption. If this were something I was looking at of my own I would want to be using much more white light. Check your light's manufacturer for the recommended distance for seedlings and clones, it will probably be somewhere in the 13-16 inch from canopy region. Then try to get your intensity right. If you have a PAR meter, give them 100-300 PAR, or if you have a hard lux meter or even one on your phone you'll want to experiment with that to be around 4,000- 8,000 LUX depending on how well your device is calibrated.

At this point I'd probably use a toothpick or something to help support them if they need it, and get my light right. My personal recommendation is to get a lot more white light in particular on them in an intensity that will help them root and thicken more. They'll eventually do that anyway if you adjust your light right and everything else is good.

Try to start low on your settings and increase as you notice what each strain can tolerate. They LOVE intense light -- but you can give them too much if they're not ready. I set my par just below where I want them to be and let them grow into the intensity to see how they react.

I would try bringing it down by a few inch (4 maybe) see what happens , Also the Solo cup could hold some more medium.So thats an option for that one.I always leave room in my first pots/cups just in case one gets leggy.
Might want to give them some support being very careful ;)

I would turn on both Veg and Bloom lights and lower light to 18" above plants. you are going to need to support the stems with pipe cleaners or something. Check manufacture instructions for distance. Also that light only has 124 watt draw from the wall...

Back
Top Bottom