My Quest...

WheelieBob

First, I'd like to thank the folks who put this site together and manage it- it is truly an incredible resource for all things Cannabis! I've been "lurking" and reading a ton of great posts which has encouraged me to share my reasons for joining this wonderful community.

In 1983 I was a passenger in a car wreck, got thrown out the back windshield and broke my back. The result was that at 18 years old, I became paralyzed from the waist down and have been in a wheelchair since.

Over the years, the chronic nerve pain got to the point where I had to give up a great career that allowed me to travel around the world. I'm still working- am heavily involved in doing non-profit work for a disability-related outdoor recreation organization.

I'm also very interested in the pain alleviation & cancer fighting properties that cannabis may hold. This past June I was diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma. After a few surgeries (hopefully the last one was a month ago), I am currently cancer free, but the next 1-5 years will be a waiting game. My biggest frustration now is getting off the prescription pain killers- a battle I've fought for over 10 years. While they help, they mentally make me feel more disabled than any paralysis, plus kill my creativity.

For those 3 people still reading, my apologies!

I'm hoping through sharing my experience and learning from others here on 420 to discover specific strains that will help me manage pain and live a healthier life. I appreciate any and all feedback.

I'm just about to harvest my first grow- it's a container, outdoor grow. That she's made it this far is a minor miracle. I'll post some pictures once I figure out how to do that! Just also saw something about grow journals-will use that as well. A special shout out to 420 member Trichomes- you've been a great help bud!

Again- thanks for reading all this and for any and all ideas, suggestions on finding, growing and using a strain that will help me say "adios" to pain killers!

Peace,:peace:
~WheelieBob~

:welcome: to :420:

A great community with friendly people and tons of valuable information!
There is a MMJ strain review thread here that may be helpful in your search. MMJ STRAIN REVIEW. I hope this helps you some sir. Good weed. :)

Back
Top Bottom