My second grow and liking it more

Looking bomb dizzle...you've got this down brotha....it's good to see the ladies....:ciao:

Here are a few more with the lights out.

Picture_00964.jpg

Picture_01056.jpg

Picture_01150.jpg

Picture_01444.jpg

I was removing some hairs from the buds today from my cat and I noticed something I haven't seen before. One of my buds have at least two calyx's that have multiple pistils coming out of them at least five per calyx. Is this something that happens when they ripen or am I experiencing some little oddity :hmmmm:

I tried to get a good shot of them so I could show you but my camera isn't cooperating with me today so this was the best I could do.... For now!

You can see them at the bottom, I'm just happy they're not sacks!

Picture_02531.jpg

Picture_02024.jpg

Anyway, Thanks for stopping in. I have to say that there is no comparison between this grow and my last grow, and I am hoping my next grow will be even better. I couldn't have done it without the collective wisdom of the 420 magazine community. You people are second to none with your willingness to help a new grower and because of you all I am one grateful happy grower.

Thanks Everyone :thumb:

Dizzle looks like you've got this down.....all that snow makes me wanna hit Wachuset.....or Sunday river..in Maine.....nice work... Mine are at the same stage and are seeding abit from the hermies...but are all white still like yours....I wish we could all just toke it up and bring out own mixers... your almost there brotha... :ciao:

Yeah this growth is normal they are coming along nicely this is this slowest part of the grow i think waiting This growth you see is just the budding process. It's focusing all of it's energy to the buds

I'm focusing all my energy towards it's buds too! :morenutes:

:yahoo:

I didn't get this far with my last grow. Even If she didn't hermie on me I may not have gotten this far because she was in a lil rough shape. I found out the problem though and now I am not experiencing the problems I had last grow. However I do have a few. I can't keep the PH stable in the hempy and from what I have read here it is because I used too much vermiculite. After 3 days from when I get the PH set to 6.7 she drops back down to 5.0. To combat this issue I have to flush her every other day then add cal mag plus and the molasses to keep the deficiency at bay. It has become a pain because my plant is tied off to keep her up, so I sit under her with a turkey baster and suck the water out testing the the water here and there til I get to the sweet spot. Yep, every other day, 10 gallons of water, sucking it up with a turkey baster....Picture it, it's that bad. But I'm still sportin the :) because she looks better than I thought she would.

Then there's the OC plus. The more I flush, the more it releases, She is handling it well but her tips are burning just a bit more than I wanted, I hope all this flushing will deplete the OC plus soon, I have floraKleen for the final flush but I am stumped on how to get the nutes out. My original plan was to pull her from the bucket an stick her in a dwc bubbler for the final two weeks but I wasn't planning on her being as big as she is.

Anyone got any ideas ????

Hi Everyone.

OK, so I am noticing that my buds are growing buds on them, some on the tips of the buds and some on the sides of the buds. They are not big right now but I am hoping that they fatten up. :)

Picture_02422.jpg

Picture_00679.jpg

:thumb:

Hey dizzle they look amazing... Stop being so hard on yourself...this is your second right?.....so we never talked about your next group of girls?. ....I consider my third grow the official grow... Cause now we know what we want and what we need to do to get there....I'm curing a sampler now from my girls...have you sampled any of yours yet?.....was wondering.....ohhh hey...have you see queentokelove?...I wAs worried...keep up the dope work my man it's gonna pay off for ya......:hippy: :riskybusiness:

Hey dizzle they look amazing... Stop being so hard on yourself...this is your second right?.....so we never talked about your next group of girls?. ....I consider my third grow the official grow... Cause now we know what we want and what we need to do to get there....I'm curing a sampler now from my girls...have you sampled any of yours yet?.....was wondering.....ohhh hey...have you see queentokelove?...I wAs worried...keep up the dope work my man it's gonna pay off for ya......:hippy: :riskybusiness:

Thanks CV. I just remember in the beginning saying that hempy was easy. Well it has had it's difficulties, but each one taught me something and like you said the third grow should be our true test of what we learned along the way. :high-five:

I decided to clone then flower my third grow because I am picking up two 4x4x8 grow tents and moving my current area to the garage. I had a few friends who got too nosey and seen it. I trust them as far as friends go but they are already asking me when it's going to be ready and I am not growing to get all my friends medicated so I figure out of sight out of mind.

I have not heard from Queen in awhile, I hope things are OK with her.

Anyway I plan on taking a sample in the coming week, I just fed her her last supper and I want to make sure she eats some of them up before I have a taste. Trust me i am doing all I can to hold out from taking the trimmers to just one lil branch :)

hey iminadaze loving the budds if this hasnt got you hooked on growing then i dont know what will :D

Good luck on the harvest and ill keep my eye out for your next grow ;)

Thanks GodSpeed, I am luvin it!

I saw you posted a link in another thread that explains what my girl is doing.
It definately is foxtailing and it is doing it all over the buds. I wonder what it is going to look like as I near harvest, stick around if you want to see them too :thumb:

Nice lookin grow m8 u only got 2 girls in there ?

Nope! there are 7 girls in there. 1 is almost done, 1 has just started budding last week, and the other 5 have been in there for 5-6 days now.

I guess its about time for some new pics.

She is getting real close to being done. I took a sample yesteday and cut her up and let it sit out til today. It was mostly cerebral which I expected because the trichs are still cloudy with no amber. It did hit me like a ton of bricks though and kinda made me just go off in a daze for a bit. So I like it alot, just want a lil couchlock to wind me down from a hectic day :cheesygrinsmiley:

Picture_001108.jpg

Picture_01152.jpg

:yahoo: :party:

The soil in this new addition to the flower room kept getting acidic.
Everytime I checked the runoff it was at 5.5-5.9 I was going to keep her as a mother but the soil changed my mind so I put her in the flower room and after a few days in there I decided to try and remove the old soil. I put the rootzone in a bucket of water with superthrive in it and gently agitated the root zone to remove the soil, I had to change the water a few times.

To make a long story short I put her in some FFOF soil in a 5 gallon bucket and she started budding right on time (within 10 days of the switch) and her soil is staying right within range now. Just wanted to mention it for new growers.... If it has to be done, then just do it.

This is her now budding away enjoying her ocean forest lol! I'll pull her out and get some pics of her soon. She is 3 feet tall and has never been topped. I kinda think that the total shock transplant she experienced stopped her from stretching because she only got like 3 inches taller after the switch. The nodes on top are spaced 1 inch or less so I am hoping for a nice main cola on this one... Wish me luck. :thumb:

Picture_01341.jpg

Hi bro glad everything is working out for you are you able to get any close up shots of the buds would love to see some swollen calyxes.

I had a bit of fox tail on my last grow due to the shitty uk weather had an unexpected blazing hot day wile i was at work and temp went through the roof! caused a bit of airy budd 2.

Will def be sticking around bro cant wait to see your harvest! :D

:welldone:

Thanks GodSpeed.

I only have this one which isn't that close, I'll get some when the lights go out tonight which is at midnight easterntime.

Picture_02319.jpg

Blackstrap molasses can be purchased at whole food stores. about 8$ bottle lasts a long time!

The buds are developing nicely. Give them another two weeks and see if they'll be ready then. Sure smells great from here.

Oh boy do they smell great! And they are so sticky that the soap didn't take it off my fingers from my test bud.

I tried to get a few close ups for everyone but I suck at taking pictures. I need a tripod or something more steady than my hands. I did manage to get a few ok shots.

Picture_00767.jpg

Picture_01445.jpg

Picture_01628.jpg

Picture_01832.jpg

I don't think there is a bud that doesn't have a cat hair on it... I am going to be busy picking them all off...

Back
Top Bottom